Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FPL Wildcard Thread 2020/2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

F1ngers wrote: »
    Jorginho was subbed off before peno.

Ay but he missed his 2nd one this season already

If you were only going to listen to one bit of advice then I’d advise you to get rid of James. I wouldn’t buy him for 4.5m

He will need an injury to Azpilicueta or Chilwell to get regular starts. It’s that simple.

He not nailed-on like a shedload of fullback are. He was torture to own.

Just save yourself the headache.

If you were going to listen to 2 bits of advice my second would be to go 3-4-3.

My final bit of advice would be to not spend more than 4.5m of any defensive asset. Maybe with the exception of Lamptey.

And who would the 3 forwards be?

Greenwood puts himself into that Zaha/Grealish bracket & owning 2 of 3 of them at a time could be gold

James is my only defender above 4.5m

Chesty08 wrote: »
    And who would the 3 forwards be?

Greenwood puts himself into that Zaha/Grealish bracket & owning 2 of 3 of them at a time could be gold

James is my only defender above 4.5m

Kane would have to be one of them. Then any 2 from about 8-9 viable options.

If you’re looking at Greenwood then, again, you’re looking at rotation vulnerable players.

I’ve never fancied Grealish or Zaha but at least they’re rotation proof. And seemingly Grealish’s stats are off the charts. But I’d still own Barkley ahead of him.

I’ll also bet you that if you own James for this GW you’ll have sold him by GW 10-11.

I’ve never been a bandwagoner but I do think that Bamford could be a long term option because of the way Leeds play.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I'd agree with most of what Klopp is saying. James is a bad pick, Azpi is 1st choice RB with James getting the odd game as WB or when Lampard rotates.

Bamford will do well for a 6m striker just cos Leeds are an attacking team, he's nothing special but good value.

Grealish and Zaha are both good picks, nothing wrong with Barkley either but Grealish is more exciting to own and will get more assists. Villa have a great run of fixtures coming up soon too.

The one thing I will say for Reece James is that if Lampard did go 3-4-3 then he’d be my number 1 target.

No idea how likely Lampard is to do that though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Have my WC active now... many others in the same boat?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Have my WC active now... many others in the same boat?

Hi Friend,

Yup.

Looking at front 3 of Bamford Adams DCL for me

• Registered Users Posts: 33,084 ✭✭✭✭CSF

The one thing I will say for Reece James is that if Lampard did go 3-4-3 then he’d be my number 1 target.

No idea how likely Lampard is to do that though.
    Think Chilwell is still the way to go if one isn't doubling up (which I currently am at the moment). James is way more threatening for an assist, but Chilwell is way more threatening for goals, meaning he won't even have to be as consistent with the returns to produce more points.

CSF wrote: »
    Think Chilwell is still the way to go if one isn't doubling up (which I currently am at the moment). James is way more threatening for an assist, but Chilwell is way more threatening for goals, meaning he won't even have to be as consistent with the returns to produce more points.

If they were guaranteed equal minutes I’d still go James and bank the guts of 1 million.

Just a reminder on those wildcards.

Usually we get up to GW20 for end of year & new wildcards.

This year GW16 is the final week you can use the 1st one. Half the GW’s gone so only a few more left!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,084 ✭✭✭✭CSF

If they were guaranteed equal minutes I’d still go James and bank the guts of 1 million.

Maybe if they were guaranteed equal minutes I would think the same. Would be a closer call with the price consideration.

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭SEORG

Wildcard Activated

First transfers done yesterday to beat the price rises.

McCarthy, Nyland
    TAA, KWP, Zouma, Taylor, Mitchell -> Dias, KWP, Taylor, Mitchell, Chilwell
    Soucek, Ziyech, Son, Salah, Klich ->
    Watkins, DCL, Kane

Transfers
    Nyland -> Forster
    TAA, Zouma -> Dias, Chilwell
    Kilich, Son -> Grealish, Bruno
    Kane -> Vardy

2 weeks of second-guessing myself ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Ros1234

Wildcard activated here too!

Old team.

Martínez, Johnstone
    TAA, Robbo, Chilwell, KWP, Taylor,
    Salah, Son, James Rodriguez, Saint-Maximin, Reed
    Kane, Adams, Bamford

New Team

Martínez, Johnstone
    Robbo, Chilwell, PVA, KWP, Kilman,
    Salah, Bruno, Ziyech, Grealish, Jota
    Watkins, Adams, Bamford
    2.2 itb

TAA nearly got a goal yesterday but I was too loyal to the Liverpool defensive double up for to long in hindsight!

Debating upgrading Jota to KDB and downgrading Robbo to 4.1m defender to fund it, have Jota in since last night to see if he'll get a double rise but doubtful, I know.

The 4.1m defender is probably a non playing defender so I'm relying on Kilman to keep his place, to cover rotation, how likely is that I wonder?

PVA will change in 3 weeks time, also looking at Cancelo from Man City, looks good for 5.4m

Any feed back appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Team wasn't too bad but with a bit of a turn in some teams fixtures over next 2 gameweeks I've activated my wildcard. Currently on the below.

Martinez 4.0m
    Chilwell Lamptey Cancelo Coufal Justin
    Salah Fernandes Grealish Ziyech Soucek
    Watkins Werner DCL

Going a bit heavy on Villa but they have great fixtures and looked really good at the weekend. Not mad on having DCL as haven't had him until now but has 3 good fixtures coming up and will be risky going without.

Any thoughts/suggestions

Klonker wrote: »
    Team wasn't too bad but with a bit of a turn in some teams fixtures over next 2 gameweeks I've activated my wildcard. Currently on the below.

Martinez 4.0m
    Watkins Werner DCL

Going a bit heavy on Villa but they have great fixtures and looked really good at the weekend. Not mad on having DCL as haven't had him until now but has 3 good fixtures coming up and will be risky going without.

Any thoughts/suggestions

My team is close to that now after a -4 but if I was to activate wildcard due to a swing of fixtures it would be to gamble on City attackers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Activated the WC.

Currently switched away from a 3-4-3 to a 3-5-2. However I'm wondering if that's a good idea with so many good value strikers returning well...

Made the switch as Grealish and Salah are a must for me, Ziyech looks to be a great pick, Jota I think will start most games now and is tremendous value, and I want to have a City midfielder (KDB or Sterling) for their run of fixtures (Bruno in as a placeholder for next week WBA at home).

So I have Brewster as my 4.5 dud.

But Watkins is a huge tempter at his price, form and fixtures. Bamford is hard to leave out. Already have Grealish and Martinez so arguably 2 Villa is enough for a team that only just survived last year and have shown signs of inconsistency. But Watkins has the better fixtures over the next 3 at least, so could go with him and then switch to Bamford if needed.

Any views on which 2 you would take from:

Jota/Bamford/Watkins?

Morzadec wrote: »
    Activated the WC.

Currently switched away from a 3-4-3 to a 3-5-2. However I'm wondering if that's a good idea with so many good value strikers returning well...

Made the switch as Grealish and Salah are a must for me, Ziyech looks to be a great pick, Jota I think will start most games now and is tremendous value, and I want to have a City midfielder (KDB or Sterling) for their run of fixtures (Bruno in as a placeholder for next week WBA at home).

But Watkins is a huge tempter at his price, form and fixtures. Bamford is hard to leave out. Already have Grealish and Martinez so arguably 2 Villa is enough for a team that only just survived last year and have shown signs of inconsistency. But Watkins has the better fixtures over the next 3 at least, so could go with him and then switch to Bamford if needed.

Jota/Bamford/Watkins?

I’m in the same boat
    Currently on
    Johnstone Button
    Justin lamptey KWP Kilman Lascelles
    KDB Salah Grealish Jota Bruno
    Kane Adams Brewster

If I move on Adams can go too Watkins or Bamford but I think a Villa double is a trap.

Activated the WC.

Jota/Bamford/Watkins?

You are spot on in your judgement!

I’m in the same boat
    Currently on
    Johnstone Button
    Justin lamptey KWP Kilman Lascelles
    KDB Salah Grealish Jota Bruno
    Kane Adams Brewster

If I move on Adams can go too Watkins or Bamford but I think a Villa double is a trap.

Interesting... you could move Kane to Watkins & Get Jota to Ziyech & Brewster to Bamford.

Some balance there

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Klonker wrote: »

Martinez 4.0m
    Watkins Werner DCL

Any thoughts/suggestions

After Newcastle Chelsea’s fixtures aren’t great and Werner will most likely play out left until Pulisic is back fit. I think chilwell and ziyech is the perfect combo for Chelsea players for fpl. Could you squeeze in vardy instead of Werner?
    Maybe Jesus for city’s fixtures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Ros1234 wrote: »
    Wildcard activated here too!

Old team.

Martínez, Johnstone
    TAA, Robbo, Chilwell, KWP, Taylor,
    Salah, Son, James Rodriguez, Saint-Maximin, Reed
    Kane, Adams, Bamford

New Team

Martínez, Johnstone
    Robbo, Chilwell, PVA, KWP, Kilman,
    Salah, Bruno, Ziyech, Grealish, Jota
    Watkins, Adams, Bamford
    2.2 itb

TAA nearly got a goal yesterday but I was too loyal to the Liverpool defensive double up for to long in hindsight!

Debating upgrading Jota to KDB and downgrading Robbo to 4.1m defender to fund it, have Jota in since last night to see if he'll get a double rise but doubtful, I know.

The 4.1m defender is probably a non playing defender so I'm relying on Kilman to keep his place, to cover rotation, how likely is that I wonder?

PVA will change in 3 weeks time, also looking at Cancelo from Man City, looks good for 5.4m

Any feed back appreciated

You could take a punt on neco Williams and downgrade Robbo to him.
    I think you would have the perfect midfield if you can get Kdb In for jota

Interesting... you could move Kane to Watkins & Get Jota to Ziyech & Brewster to Bamford.

Some balance there

I don’t really want Watkins (Villa double) or Brewster for that matter. I do want Jota tho... Would like spurs attacking cover too. Food for thought re selling Kane

Are many people here going with no spurs for their tricky fixtures?

I don’t really want Watkins (Villa double) or Brewster for that matter. I do want Jota tho... Would like spurs attacking cover too. Food for thought re selling Kane

Yes I am. I think the pros outweigh the cons.

Ye Brewster is going to lose his place soon. He’s not up to it I’m afraid.

Definitely worth keeping Jota & to be honest there is about 7 midfielders I want & if going with Salah then double up on Liverpool could be risky at the minute

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

Is Werner not better Chelsea coverage - much more rotation risk with the midfielders, on pens (?), and should of had a few last GW from what I hear (didn't see it) even with Abraham starting.

I'm keeping Kane, I've had him since the start and have a lot of value built up on him and his form has just been too good. His record against big teams is pretty decent too iirc. Top non-penalty xG/xA90 out of anyone who's played substantial minutes. A bit like considering taking out Salah, I think it's just getting too smart when you have someone who's just consistently returning (including some big hauls).

Additionally I don't think it's too hard to put together a really strong WC team with him in (i.e. money isn't a huge issue for me.). You have great options like Bamford/Adams/Watkins/Wilson instead of DCL (note that Bamford and Wilson have scored similarly to him), or Jota instead of James etc... In defence the high value options are not really worth it and I've still managed to fit in Chilwell and Cancelo. So in short I'm not sure where I'd spend my Kane money to make my team hugely better than it is now.

Finally, I'm keeping an eye on Jesus/Aguero and Kane would be an easy straight swap if either of them start looking like they're firing and Kane dips.

Overall for me keeping Kane makes sense, but I could see why you'd ditch if you had no value built up in him. For example maybe you have value built up in DCL, which was an easier ditch for me as I'll only need 0.1 if it's looking like I need him back.

Salah with COVID and now Chilwell with a possible knock, who I assume are in the vast majority of WC teams.

Will need to wait for news but will likely put Mane in for Salah for a week or two. It would likely cost me 0.2 unless he drops but still think it could be worth it for the possible additional points. A lot of money to be leaving on the bench.

Not sure about Chilwell if he's out for a while - no one else at Chelsea provides the same attacking threat/nailed-on combo that he does.

Salah with COVID and now Chilwell with a possible knock, who I assume are in the vast majority of WC teams.

Will need to wait for news but will likely put Mane in for Salah for a week or two. It would likely cost me 0.2 unless he drops but still think it could be worth it for the possible additional points. A lot of money to be leaving on the bench.

Not sure about Chilwell if he's out for a while - no one else at Chelsea provides the same attacking threat/nailed-on combo that he does.

James as Azpil will revert to left full? Or you think Emerson comes in as a straight swap?

James as Azpil will revert to left full? Or you think Emerson comes in as a straight swap?

No idea to be honest, Alonso is still knocking around isn't he? My best guess is Azpi covers left and James stays right as you say, in which case James is a great option, but not sure on that.

Anyway Chilwell may make the next game, so too early to be thinking too much about this probably!

No idea to be honest, Alonso is still knocking around isn't he? My best guess is Azpi covers left and James stays right as you say, in which case James is a great option, but not sure on that.

Anyway Chilwell may make the next game, so too early to be thinking too much about this probably!

Forgot all about Alonso. Alonso probably comes back in to keep that attacking balance from the left side.

Too early like you say. A Friday call.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Wildcard about to be forced on me but I'll have to wait until Friday to see how this covid comes along. Someone suggested covid transfers on here, I Def agree now :O

Doherty, Salah, chilwell, Wilson all flagged so far....

Advertisement