Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FPL Wildcard Thread 2020/2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Advice so please. I think I will wildcard but I'm going to wait for a bit more news. Planning ahead tho, I've had a quick look and thinking of the following.

Current team:
    McCarthy, steer
    Kwp, chilwell, semedo, Doherty, Douglas
    Salah, son, zaha, Bissouma, klich
    Wilson, DCL, kane

Proposed team:
    McCarthy, AREOLA,
    Kwp, MINGS, LAMPTEY, KILMAN, Chilwell
    FERNANDES, JOTA, ZIYECH, Zaha, GREALISH
    BAMFORD, Kane, Dcl

That's from a quick look at what I could do. Any major issues with that? Kilman and Jota playtime maybe, but it's an upgrade on two players that were not playing for me. the proposed team has 2.5 in the bank to bring in Salah again for fernandes if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Advice so please. I think I will wildcard but I'm going to wait for a bit more news. Planning ahead tho, I've had a quick look and thinking of the following.

Current team:
    McCarthy, steer
    Wilson, DCL, kane

Proposed team:
    McCarthy, AREOLA,
    BAMFORD, Kane, Dcl

That's from a quick look at what I could do. Any major issues with that? Kilman and Jota playtime maybe, but it's an upgrade on two players that were not playing for me. the proposed team has 2.5 in the bank to bring in Salah again for fernandes if needed.

I'd probably prefer a cheap starting mid as bench fodder, than having a headache each week on who to bench. Alternatively someone like Brewster instead of Bamford, assuming Bamford is the fall guy most weeks.

Watkins over Bamford for me as well, same price - Watkins has penalties, but it's a much of a muchness as Bamford seems to be main Leeds goalscorer, whereas Villa do have others like Grealish who you have.

Leicester have some good fixtures coming up - maybe look at Vardy - downgrading Bamford, and upgrading DCL - and go with 5 strong mids and 2 premium strikers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Current team:
    McCarthy, steer
    Wilson, DCL, kane

Proposed team:
    McCarthy, AREOLA,
    BAMFORD, Kane, Dcl

Serious lack of Man City options giving their upcoming fixtures

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Serious lack of Man City options giving their upcoming fixtures

I can see the point but they are also not firing well at all. De bruyne looks knackered, even against England the other night. I'd consider sterling but hes a doubt as well.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    I'd probably prefer a cheap starting mid as bench fodder, than having a headache each week on who to bench. Alternatively someone like Brewster instead of Bamford, assuming Bamford is the fall guy most weeks.

Watkins over Bamford for me as well, same price - Watkins has penalties, but it's a much of a muchness as Bamford seems to be main Leeds goalscorer, whereas Villa do have others like Grealish who you have.

Leicester have some good fixtures coming up - maybe look at Vardy - downgrading Bamford, and upgrading DCL - and go with 5 strong mids and 2 premium strikers.

Thanks. Ya, might go Forster as second keeper. Save a bit there and he'll play if McCarthy out. Might just keep Bissouma as he's a fine 90 min cheap player who gives no headaches. Never rated bamford but he looks so sharp. Saw grealish against Belgium and he looked really good too. Main headaches come at the Salah, Bruno, KDB, sterling choices. But overall I'd be happy to pull the trigger , but I want to wait and see what happens after the last few games and flights home.

• Advertisement

Wildcard Activated:

Leno

Cancelo Chilwell Targett (Coufal, Kilman)

Grealish Sterling KdB Bruno Ziyech

Watkins DCL (Brewster)

0.2m ITB

My thoughts at the minute

1. Use the 0.2 to get Richy for DCL

2. Move Chilwell & Brewster to James & Adams to give better attacking rotation

Advice much appreciated

If I'm going to wildcard am I better off just doing it now and locking in on any possible rises? Also afraid to put son/kane/Salah/DCL out just yet as have over 0.3 value on all of these guys.

If I'm going to wildcard am I better off just doing it now and locking in on any possible rises? Also afraid to put son/kane/Salah/DCL out just yet as have over 0.3 value on all of these guys.

Had all them.

Committed to losing one of Son/Kane early due to fixtures.

Salah’s covid: I’ve decided to go ahead without for next 3 games. Away to Brighton tricky game to bounce back plus City playing Fulham, West Brom & Burnley home in next 5 so fancy up a double there.

I kept DCL for now but really considering Richy.

To be honest, I’m not worried about value at this stage & if those lads do continues to streak I’ll get them back in, if they don’t there value will drop as others rush to get on others.

Had all them.

Committed to losing one of Son/Kane early due to fixtures.

Salah’s covid: I’ve decided to go ahead without for next 3 games. Away to Brighton tricky game to bounce back plus City playing Fulham, West Brom & Burnley home in next 5 so fancy up a double there.

I kept DCL for now but really considering Richy.

To be honest, I’m not worried about value at this stage & if those lads do continues to streak I’ll get them back in, if they don’t there value will drop as others rush to get on others.

Very true. A hit to get back Salah wouldn't bother me either. I'd be of same mindset. Fwiw I think your wildcard team ticks most boxes. Personally I wouldn't go all in on city but that's my only thing. Strongly considering vardy myself now. Cheers

Wildcard Activated:

Leno

Cancelo Chilwell Targett (Coufal, Kilman)

Grealish Sterling KdB Bruno Ziyech

Watkins DCL (Brewster)

0.2m ITB

My thoughts at the minute

1. Use the 0.2 to get Richy for DCL

2. Move Chilwell & Brewster to James & Adams to give better attacking rotation

Advice much appreciated

Flipped things around, 0.8m ITB

Martinez

Cancelo Chilwell Justin (Coufal, Kilman)

Grealish Sterling KdB Rashford Ziyech

Watkins Richy (Brewster)

Going to go ahead & captain Rashford this week, Sterling the week after.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭macraignil

Flipped things around, 0.8m ITB

Martinez

Cancelo Chilwell Justin (Coufal, Kilman)

Grealish Sterling KdB Rashford Ziyech

Watkins Richy (Brewster)

Going to go ahead & captain Rashford this week, Sterling the week after.

Richarlison is yellow flagged with an ankle injury.

macraignil wrote: »
    Richarlison is yellow flagged with an ankle injury.

Seen that. Cavani straight red card tackle. Richarlison came off straight away and where 2-0 up

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Will Telles definitely play for United now? I think he might be one going a bit under the radar.

His attacking career stats are pretty insane (11 goals 8 assists in 31 league matches last year - before coming to United he had 2 assists and 2 goals in just 3 games this season!). I saw him in a CL match for United and he was on every corner iirc and his delivery was superb.

I know United haven't been the best defensively but WBA at home is as plum as it gets. Bit of a punt and I could get PVA at a similar price who has 3 great fixtures and is that bit more proven, but he could be a bit of a hidden gem and one where a small punt at 5.5 could be worth it.

Morzadec wrote: »
    Will Telles definitely play for United now? I think he might be one going a bit under the radar.

His attacking career stats are pretty insane (11 goals 8 assists in 31 league matches last year - before coming to United he had 2 assists and 2 goals in just 3 games this season!). I saw him in a CL match for United and he was on every corner iirc and his delivery was superb.

I know United haven't been the best defensively but WBA at home is as plum as it gets. Bit of a punt and I could get PVA at a similar price who has 3 great fixtures and is that bit more proven, but he could be a bit of a hidden gem and one where a small punt at 5.5 could be worth it.

I had him in there when playing around and was thinking Telles & Rashford instead of 4.5m Defender & Fernandes.

United’s WBA fixture is definitely appealing.

Currently have a team with Vardy on the bench for this GW

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

I had him in there when playing around and was thinking Telles & Rashford instead of 4.5m Defender & Fernandes.

United’s WBA fixture is definitely appealing.

Currently have a team with Vardy on the bench for this GW

Yeah I'm considering Vardy for Kane. That would give me a bit of extra cash which has me considering Telles/PVA instead of Justin

Morzadec wrote: »

I think a lot of telles goals were from penos which he probably wont be on at United but he could be a sneaky play if United get there act together, he looks much better the shaw with the ball, recently shaw had the 3rd most touches in the opposition box of any fb, so if telles gets in the same positions, which he should given uniteds lopsided attack he could pay off.

For me it's a wait and see but I'm fairly happy with my defence currently

Currently:

Martinez (Forster)

Chilwell Kilman Coufal (Cancelo, Bernardo)

Sterling Grealish Ziyech Jota Fernandes

Richarlison Watkins (Vardy)

Thoughts:
    1. Telles & Rashford instead of Coufal & Fernandes

2. Double City, Jota & Vardy -> KdB & Brewster(I need a bench attacker too)

3. Rashford instead of Fernandes.

Anyone any advise

Currently:

Martinez (Forster)

Chilwell Kilman Coufal (Cancelo, Bernardo)

Sterling Grealish Ziyech Jota Fernandes

Richarlison Watkins (Vardy)

Thoughts:
    1. Telles & Rashford instead of Coufal & Fernandes

2. Double City, Jota & Vardy -> KdB & Brewster(I need a bench attacker too)

3. Rashford instead of Fernandes.

Anyone any advise

My only advice is the same boring repetitive advice I always give. Put your money on the pitch.

That front 8 is too strong. You need a strong front 7.

One of them have to go or you’ll be pulling your hair out with the weekly decision who to play and then you’ll be hurting from points on the bench.

You couldn’t drop any of those midfielders on any given week. So you should only have 2 strikers and Brewster.

Or you sell Jota for a 4.5 and upgrade Watkins but nobody great knocking about in the mid 8’s.

I do really like the front 3 though.

Richarlison flagged I believe so maybe DCL ?

Who is on Everton pens ? Are we 100% sure ?

My only advice is the same boring repetitive advice I always give. Put your money on the pitch.

That front 8 is too strong. You need a strong front 7.

One of them have to go or you’ll be pulling your hair out with the weekly decision who to play and then you’ll be hurting from points on the bench.

You couldn’t drop any of those midfielders on any given week. So you should only have 2 strikers and Brewster.

Or you sell Jota for a 4.5 and upgrade Watkins but nobody great knocking about in the mid 8’s.

I do really like the front 3 though.

Richarlison flagged I believe so maybe DCL ?

Who is on Everton pens ? Are we 100% sure ?

Richarlison took the last pen when the first Xi on so assuming it’s him. His flag has gone.

I fully agree with you on the front 8 & originally my midfield consisted of Sterling (instead of Jota) & Brewster (instead of Vardy). The other bits left in bank was used on Bernardo to KWP.

With that I thought it was too much money on the bench in defence (I’m never playing a 5th defender).

I really like the double City so I might revert to that & drop Vardy.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭cizolin

Richarlison took the last pen when the first Xi on so assuming it’s him. His flag has gone.

I fully agree with you on the front 8 & originally my midfield consisted of Sterling (instead of Jota) & Brewster (instead of Vardy). The other bits left in bank was used on Bernardo to KWP.

With that I thought it was too much money on the bench in defence (I’m never playing a 5th defender).

I really like the double City so I might revert to that & drop Vardy.

Done my wildcard little earlier, very similar to your thinking

Prev

McCarthy,Forster,
    Ayling, Zouma, Kilman, Mitchell, Lamptey
    Salah, Bruno, Ziyech, ASM, Sterling
    Kane, Mitro, Brewster

New team

McCarthy,Forster
    Kilman, Lamptey,Telles, Mitchel, Targett
    Sterling, Rashford, Bruno, Grealish, Ziyech
    Watkins, Rcharlison, Brewster

Benching Lamptey, Mitchell, Brewster this wk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭sheroman01

WC active. Not sure if it's a good or bad time to have done it! I actually only had one Villa and none from Newcastle so I was in a good position with that sense. My WC team had Wilson and Grealish in it though, so kinda annoying that I have to reshuffle now.

Robertson yellow flagged and Allison injury is also a pain. Think I'll make room for Robertson anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭sheroman01

sheroman01 wrote: »
    WC active. Not sure if it's a good or bad time to have done it! I actually only had one Villa and none from Newcastle so I was in a good position with that sense. My WC team had Wilson and Grealish in it though, so kinda annoying that I have to reshuffle now.

Robertson yellow flagged and Allison injury is also a pain. Think I'll make room for Robertson anyway.

Sooooo, anyone else on WC :pac:??

I was all set to dump Vardy but could be madness with shu and BRI games coming up. Getting Bruno into my team is proving to be a pain as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'm thinking of using my wildcard now.

Current squad
    Martinez, Guaita
    Zouma, Jones, Mings, Bellerin, Dallas
    Bruno, Son, Grealish, Rodriguez, Jota
    Vardy, DCL, Bamford.

Thinking of the following
    Guaita to McCarthy
    Mings to Reguillon
    Vardy to Wilson
    Rodriguez to Salah

The above leaves me with 0 in the bank. Obviously KDB is a big consideration as well but I can't see how I fit him in.

Any thoughts?

Lol, just seen now that Grealish autocorrected to freakish.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

eagle eye wrote: »
    I'm thinking of using my wildcard now.

Current squad
    Martinez, Guaita
    Zouma, Jones, Mings, Bellerin, Dallas
    Bruno, Son, Grealish, Rodriguez, Jota
    Vardy, DCL, Bamford.

Thinking of the following
    Guaita to McCarthy
    Mings to Reguillon
    Vardy to Wilson
    Rodriguez to Salah

The above leaves me with 0 in the bank. Obviously KDB is a big consideration as well but I can't see how I fit him in.

Any thoughts?

Lol, just seen now that Grealish autocorrected to freakish.

Assuming Jones should be James? I think you have spent too much on your defence, especially adding in Reguillon. Given your front 8, your going to play 3 at the back at any one time, so do you need, all that money there? Likwise double playing keeper is costing money - all these add up if you want to get KdB - probably boils down to selling DCL

• Registered Users Posts: 37,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Assuming Jones should be James? I think you have spent too much on your defence, especially adding in Reguillon. Given your front 8, your going to play 3 at the back at any one time, so do you need, all that money there? Likwise double playing keeper is costing money - all these add up if you want to get KdB - probably boils down to selling DCL

Yeah another autocorrect, it's Reece James.
    Double playing keeper? I'm not with you in that, is that my original team where I have Mings and Martinez? Or are you talking about double Chelsea at the back?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

eagle eye wrote: »
    Yeah another autocorrect, it's Reece James.
    Double playing keeper? I'm not with you in that, is that my original team where I have Mings and Martinez? Or are you talking about double Chelsea at the back?

He means having rotating goalkeepers. Martinez & Guaita both are starters. You can downgrade 1 and just stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Nats9314

Need to use the WC I think....

Is getting 3 premium mids worth it? ....leaves upfront light enough...2.2mil itb

McCarthy (button)
    Dier Zouma Walker-Peters (dallas Bernardo)
    Grealish Salah KdB Bruno (bissouma)
    Welbeck Wilson Giroud

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Nats9314 wrote: »
    Need to use the WC I think....

Is getting 3 premium mids worth it? ....leaves upfront light enough...2.2mil itb

McCarthy (button)
    Dier Zouma Walker-Peters (dallas Bernardo)
    Grealish Salah KdB Bruno (bissouma)
    Welbeck Wilson Giroud

I think it looks good except for giroid. Not a guaranteed starter. Would you not go with Bamford or Watkins? Or perhaps ings if you have the money to spend.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

Probably need to consider using up my wildcard while I can... Deadline to use it by is Monday 28th December I believe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

JIdontknow wrote: »
    Probably need to consider using up my wildcard while I can... Deadline to use it by is Monday 28th December I believe.

Yep, I have to use it too. Seems like a waste because I’m happy with my team.

Will start tinkering tomorrow.

Advertisement