Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Entire Cabinet to self-isolate as Dáil adjourned

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

NIMAN wrote: »
    Following government advice is not 100% guaranteed to stop you getting the virus.

Did I say it was? You are however asked to isolate if you have any of the recognised symptoms.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,027 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Today of all days

• Registered Users Posts: 15,347 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

This is some mess

We face the prospect of the entire cabinet being incapacitated during a very important period of time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

This is some mess

We face the prospect of the entire cabinet being incapacitated during a very important period of time

Can they not work remotely?

All the tech is there.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Can they not work remotely?

All the tech is there.

They will be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,934 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

You just couldn't make this up, it's beyond astonishing and I suspect soon after this shambles of a road map was coming under intense scrutiny, Leo came up with a Cunning plan, let's all self isolate until the dust settles.

357 new cases, 3 deaths and the best they can come up with is level 2 and a bit for Dublin, its shocking. The road map is essentially nothing new actually it's nothing at all apert from. More incoherent nonsense.

I dispair at what's coming, there even putting Trump to shame with the ineptitude.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭MugsGame

I trust Charlie McConalogue is en route to the underground bunker in Athlone, we can't afford to lose another one ...

• Registered Users Posts: 85,356 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

NIMAN wrote: »
    So you think he should be sacked simply because he caught a highly contagious virus?

I'm no fan of him, but it's not like he did it deliberately. No one who got CV19 did it deliberately.

You'd be a harsh boss.

He was coughing at presser and also on radio earlier this morning so wasn't taking his own advice of staying at home

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 466 ✭✭DangerScouse

Dempo1 wrote: »
    You just couldn't make this up, it's beyond astonishing and I suspect soon after this shambles of a road map was coming under intense scrutiny, Leo came up with a Cunning plan, let's all self isolate until the dust settles.

357 new cases, 3 deaths and the best they can come up with is level 2 and a bit for Dublin, its shocking. The road map is essentially nothing new actually it's nothing at all apert from. More incoherent nonsense.

I dispair at what's coming, there even putting Trump to shame with the ineptitude.

At least Trump is entertaining. MM is the most boring man ever to have lived.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

Hope he gets well soon.

Corona virus could happen to anyone. It doesn't discriminate.

• Advertisement

MugsGame wrote: »
    I trust Charlie McConalogue is en route to the underground bunker in Athlone, we can't afford to lose another one ...

Designated Survivor, Irish style

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

khalessi wrote: »
    Interesting they are social distancing in a conference centre and everyone is considered a close contact so they close it down. I am closer than 60cm from the kids I teach for 40 minutes in an 8 foot wide room and have been told as SET I don't count as a close contact, that I should continue working.

The biggest scandal in this thread if it is true is that there is a classroom that is only eight feet wide.
    That sounds like something from the 1930's- is there any chance you could post a pic of this classroom with something in the pic for scale?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

The biggest scandal in this thread if it is true is that there is a classroom that is only eight feet wide.
    That sounds like something from the 1930's- is there any chance you could post a pic of this classroom with something in the pic for scale?

It’s a special education room. Would normally have groups of 4 students , but that number can be higher .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

A special needs teacher would operate from a small room.

In my child's school, the special needs teacher used to operate from a converted broom cupboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,201 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I suppose inevitable this would happen eventually here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

It’s a special education room. Would normally have groups of 4 students , but that number can be higher .

Even so I find it hard to believe that it is only eight feet wide- that sounds like a broom closet.

Edit; just seen above post about a broom closet!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭PixieValentine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Feels like we have a free gaff at the minute.

Time for some divilment.

What happened to this external PR company they were to hire? Although I guess even the best PR company in the world can make a Turd not look like a Turd.

Wait for it, Leo will be out soon enough continuing his one man undermining show.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,638 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

He was on the radio earlier today coughing, a symptom as outlined by the HSE and you are requested to isolate and arrange a test .

Was he in studio or speaking by phone?

• Advertisement

Was he in studio or speaking by phone?

I'm sorry but every time I see him, I can't help think of humpty dumpty :) that head :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,138 ✭✭✭RoryMac

So embarrassing for the Gov on today of all days, their performance over the last few months couldn't have been any worse.

They need to answer questions on why all cabinet members have to isolate as it suggests they weren't following guidelines, even common sense suggests they shouldn't have all been mixing together to avoid something like this

• Registered Users Posts: 10,638 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

I'm sorry but every time I see him, I can't help think of humpty dumpty :) that head :)

What's that got to do with my question?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,562 ✭✭✭Allinall

RoryMac wrote: »
    So embarrassing for the Gov on today of all days, their performance over the last few months couldn't have been any worse.

They need to answer questions on why all cabinet members have to isolate as it suggests they weren't following guidelines, even common sense suggests they shouldn't have all been mixing together to avoid something like this

Where did you see that they’re isolating?

Michael Martin getting savaged on the RTE news now, it's painful to watch

Allinall wrote: »
    Where did you see that they’re isolating?

Initial reporting on numerous news outlets stated they had to self isolate, it's been clarified they'll work remotely etc etc, God Bless them

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Even so I find it hard to believe that it is only eight feet wide- that sounds like a broom closet.

Edit; just seen above post about a broom closet!

It’s very believable, take it from me. I once took huge pleasure when an inspector called and asked me keep teaching but to let her look at a particular file . I invited her to climb over my table as I had to do . Funnily enough , the file suddenly wasn’t needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,201 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Michael Martin getting savaged on the RTE news now, it's painful to watch
    He seems kind of confused and flustered.
    He is pretty much deferring every decision to NPHET

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭John O.Groats

RoryMac wrote: »

There was a full cabinet meeting this morning except ironically enough for Eamon Ryan who wasn`t physically present because of a family member having a suspected positive case of Covid-19.

• Advertisement

Amirani wrote: »
    The Dail can't function without the Government present, it's pretty straightforward.

I don't think you understood his point

Advertisement