Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Law Firm Milkrounds 20/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭lawgrad49

I got a TC offer from a big 5 not through an internship, I applied during Milkrounds in my final year of college. They usually get circa 1k applicants with around 30 places at the place I applied. It differs based on the firm. The application process is usually around the same as summer internships but there is usually multiple interviews. Apart from that, the process is usually the same.

Grand, thanks for the insight!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 keeponapplying

I think DAC beachcroft has sent out invites for assessments for training contract in the last few days

PFO out for DACB.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 john_fe12020

Anyone hear anything back from Philip Lee yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lawster

For anyone slagging off someone for considering a training contract for the living wage, circa €22K per year, do a google search for "Be grateful for what you have" and try and understand humility. Just replace the desired helicopter with "a training contract".

The training contract is temporary. It is only one milestone on the road to qualification.

From a qualified solicitor who was once where you are now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Diamond_Hands

lawster wrote: »
    For anyone slagging off someone for considering a training contract for the living wage, circa €22K per year, do a google search for "Be grateful for what you have" and try and understand humility. Just replace the desired helicopter with "a training contract".

The training contract is temporary. It is only one milestone on the road to qualification.

From a qualified solicitor who was once where you are now!

More pity than insult.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 lawster

More pity than insult.

Accept your point once I considered it. But can smaller firms really afford to pay much more despite what other posters have said in relation to fees. The more vacancies, the more opportunities for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭rightytighty

Does anyone know the start date for PPC1?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 UCCME

Can anyone enlighten me as to whether virtual internships with some of the larger firms were remunerated last year, and whether many indivuals got TC offers? Thanks!

UCCME wrote: »
    Can anyone enlighten me as to whether virtual internships with some of the larger firms were remunerated last year, and whether many indivuals got TC offers? Thanks!

Yes (depending on the duration) and yes!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 UCCME

Yes (depending on the duration) and yes!

Great to hear, thank you :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Lallers96

How did people find the interview with Coca Cola?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

Lallers96 wrote: »
    How did people find the interview with Coca Cola?

I got the prescreen call and never actually got a call back about the interview as far as I can tell, although I had a lot of spam calls around the time it would have been expected, I'm really curious as to what I might have said to turn them off!

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭channing90

Got the pfo from fieldfisher yesterday after applying in January a full 4 months later, picked a legal secretary job in the meantime in a firm where a TC won't be an option, just hoping to start the Hybrid in a firm by September/ October, surely someone wanting to do the hybrid in a general practice firm is a really attractive option for a firm, I feel a lot of firms aren't actually aware of it. Any thoughts appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Gaga15

I got the prescreen call and never actually got a call back about the interview as far as I can tell, although I had a lot of spam calls around the time it would have been expected, I'm really curious as to what I might have said to turn them off!

The interview invite came via email.
    It was a fairly ok interview, a lot more structured than other trainee interviews I've done.

Gaga15 wrote: »
    The interview invite came via email.
    It was a fairly ok interview, a lot more structured than other trainee interviews I've done.

What address was it from? Doubt I missed it anyway. Not surprised they'd be more structured.

LawBoy2018 wrote: »
    The system is broken. People should be able to attend Blackhall without a training contract. A system like NY would be better, where you pass the bar exam and you automatically become an attorney.

It would deleverage the parasitic legal practices offering graduates a measly 19K salary in return for access to their career of choice.

This would have the consequence of causing the qualification itself to be worthless - only where you trained for the first few years of your career. It would also lead to even more largesse and bloating in the solicitor profession. There's already far too many people chasing far too few jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

Curious did anyone apply for the trainee job in Louth that was on the law society website ?

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭channing90

Curious did anyone apply for the trainee job in Louth that was on the law society website ?

Yeah I did just for the sake of it even tho I live over 3 hrs away from it, heard nothing back.

I did yeah, heard back this evening about an interview and now I'm having a crisis wondering if I'd even want to move there haha.

I did yeah, heard back this evening about an interview and now I'm having a crisis wondering if I'd even want to move there haha.

Would it be far or could you commute haha it’s pretty close to me but I’m waiting on two results so not too hopeful

• Advertisement

Would it be far or could you commute haha it’s pretty close to me but I’m waiting on two results so not too hopeful

It's probably be two and a half hours in the cars everyday. Doable but kind of depressing. Moving would be the slightly better option.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 blondie8856

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone knows whether it's possible to accept a TC with one firm and later change your mind and accept a TC with a different firm if a contract has been signed?

I have nothing secured yet but I'm weary of applying to smaller firms for a TC before the milk rounds open up again as I'd prefer to work in a larger firm if possible. On the other hand, as it is so competitive I don't want to wait until the milk rounds for the larger firms open before I try to source a TC just in case I'm not successful.

Any insight would be very much appreciated :)

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone knows whether it's possible to accept a TC with one firm and later change your mind and accept a TC with a different firm if a contract has been signed?

I have nothing secured yet but I'm weary of applying to smaller firms for a TC before the milk rounds open up again as I'd prefer to work in a larger firm if possible. On the other hand, as it is so competitive I don't want to wait until the milk rounds for the larger firms open before I try to source a TC just in case I'm not successful.

Any insight would be very much appreciated :)

Yes it's perfectly fine as long as you let them know as early as possible. It's not a rare occurrence so they've probably dealt with it in the past.

It's probably be two and a half hours in the cars everyday. Doable but kind of depressing. Moving would be the slightly better option.

⬆️ Enviably low rent

⬇️ Actually living in Louth lol

Yeah tbf im commuting to Dublin atm so it’s over two hours a day traveling it’s not too fun

• Registered Users Posts: 25 aideenc18

Can I ask when you applied? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 LegalEagle21

Is there anyone here who is yet to hear back from DACB either way?

aideenc18 wrote: »
    Can I ask when you applied? Thanks!

It was within a day or two of the application going up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 keeponapplying

Is there anyone here who is yet to hear back from DACB either way?

Got the PFO rejection about two weeks ago, unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭holliek

Does anyone have an idea of when PPC1 will start? I know it’s September but nothing else

Advertisement