Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Thread - Mod note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭DiscoStew

There’s no way Darragh Lyons will be starting, or togged out even. As far as I’m aware it’s a groin injury, not hamstring as mentioned earlier.

Hopefully it’s Prunty is added to the panel to replace him as a late addition. Although it may be a week or two too soon for Prunty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭914

Here, guess or not it was a 65, someone called it right. Had it have been the other end of the field we would be hailing an excellent decision by the officials.

As the game was at 64 minutes and both sides level if the ref had any doubt he would have thrown it in or waved it wide, one of the officials I suspect seen it, and if one of them did then that is good team work by the officials.

Officials getting in the neck week in week out, they call a correct decision and people are complaining about a correct decision.

If he waved wide or thrown it in, the debate would still be happening. The ref would be accused of playing for the draw, not having the balls to call the correct decision.

I was as gutted as the next person but it was a 65, I can't see where the complaint is coming from.

Time to put that talk to bed and move into Sunday.

If we don't get out of Munster it won't be because of that 65, it will be for not putting Tipp to bed and for not winning the pick out after Bennetts goal V Clare

• Registered Users Posts: 38,160 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Is work restarting on Walsh Park ?

Wouldn't surprise me if it's 'pauses due to Funds'

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭TheScoringGoal

Minor hurlers are on TG4 YouTube tomorrow at 2. Minor footballers are in Lemybrien at the same time and free in, no tickets required according to the press release.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Deskjockey

Shane O'Donnell is a deadly hurler but so is Stephen Bennett, that goal to rock Kilkenny in the AISF a few years ago was as good an individual goal as you will see. Agree SoD is going very well this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,007 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Minor Hurling …….. Dublin Vs Kilkenny is showing on my EPG.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭lim4ev

If yer not to get out no doubt not beating tipp is the rock yer going to perish on but the argument for me re the 65 is the umpire couldn't have seen it so no matter whether he was wrong or right the correct call was a 21 yrd throw in??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭Mastermcgrath

if the ref had made that decision I don’t think there would have been been too many complaints from Clare either. At the end of the day it’s not a score disallowed the free still needs to be taken and also Waterford had a clear 65 signalled wide earlier in the game so it would have evened out

look in saying that as the previous poster said it’s done now and we move to n, its handy to have something to talk about but I’m sure Davy will have the players focused on Sunday and not dwelling in the past

what’s the verdict l think on Shannonside ahead of Sunday? I’m sure yell have no fear of Waterford yeve beaten us the last 6 meetings if I’m not mistaken

• Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

you can clearly see him going to make the ‘wide’ signal but then change his mind and puts the finger up for the 65…this is fairly good proof that he was in two minds and just ‘guessed’…..the pictures and video replays clearly show his sight line / view of the sliotar was totally impeded by a scrum of bodies……he changed his mind for some reason maybe due to the players and roaring of the supporters behind him……does the rule book say that if an umpire is unsure of a call then he/she informs the ref and a ‘throw in’ at the 20m line is the resultant decision…? If it does the umpire in this case should have followed this course of action…..however how likely is it that he/she even knows this is the rule……? Did the ref have a discussion with the umpire prior to awarding the 65….? Either way it’s a very rare and unfortunate way to decide a game that most would agree that a draw would have been a fair outcome….corks summer would have been over and W’ford wouldn’t have to worry about the limerick game.

Best of luck to the 2 minor teams today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭TheScoringGoal

I'd imagine that's the main broadcast? As I said the Waterford minors are on their YouTube channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Pudz2180

was hoping prunty would be available he has matched up well with gillane in the past plus he gives us a physical presence that we were sorely missing last Sunday. Think he is a massive lose for this alone. The three boys in there are all very good hurlers but could struggle physically against two big men in gillane and Flanagan. Clare exploited this last Sunday and am sure limerick will look to do the same by creating space in front of our full back line and hitting the two boys whenever they can. The protection tadgh can give them tomorrow will be crucial.
    limericks form has been mixed but most neutrals are expecting a big response from them tomorrow. Darragh o Donovan, Sean Finn and peter Casey are big losses for them but they have do have mick Casey back to take Finns place. All we can ask for is the players put in the same performances they have been giving up to now and then you never know what could happen. There has been so many twists and turn in this championship hopefully there is one more big one to come.

Fairly nervy up here a draw would be perfect but dunno if my heart could survive that

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Whitenblue93

Jesus Christ no way Derek do you reckon …

• Registered Users Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭High bike

Perfectly summed up in fairness,there was nothing wrong with the umpire telling the ref he wasn't sure.Another point on that is if a linesman isn't sure about a line ball that exactly what happens it's thrown in,and yes ye deserved a draw for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,007 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

I'd imagine that's the main broadcast? As I said the Waterford minors are on their YouTube channel.

What game is that? Against who?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,542 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

• Registered Users Posts: 39,542 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Pudz2180

well in this minor game but poor shooting and unforced errors killing them

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭skaface

1-05 to 0-02 in favour of Galway at half time in the Minor hurling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭skaface

25 mins gone in second half of Minor game, Galway well on top

2-16 to 1-6 score in end suggests they were never in the game , no amount of unforced errors/bad decision making can excuse a 13 pt defeat and apparently they played with the wind in first half and still went in 1-6 to 0-2 down at half time😡😡😡 Galway by no means lit up Leinster either so all in all a poor showing

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭siyo

Stephen molumphy has stepped down as Kerry manager

he did a decent a job

Would be a great addition to a future Waterford management team

Man City as brilliant as they are 'fell today'

Let's hope the same will happen to another set of 'champions' tomorrow

had a look at last years game v limerick forgot that it in was as close in the end as in 2 pts and there was a couple of chances to even snatch a victory…..the hegarty sending off at 46 mins had an impact for sure (and the mentally challenged moronic waterford mentor who struck / shoved hegarty)…….it’s probably ten plus years now since we got the better of limerick and loosing streaks eventually come to an end so why not tomorrow……unlikely but there is a glimmer of hope.

Very few pundits gave Atlanta any hope the other night and look what transpired. We are also arguably playing a better brand/type of game this year….if the back line can control gillane, Morrissey etc then you’d just never know….as we all know a draw will also suit both teams and have the added bonus of ending corks summer 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭decies

I think we have a boxers chance tomorrow just got to mind it at the back and not leak goals .

2018- week after the 'Ghost Goal' we got destroyed by Limerick

2019- spanked in Walsh Park by Limerick

2020 Munster final, 2022 and 2023 games we got very close. Others including 2020 AI final Limerick never looked like losing

Let's hope 2024 will be the year

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Jjjjjjjjbarry

Anyone know if Jetland is still a safe place to park for the day? No restrictions about time?

• Advertisement

I'd advise not to go near it park in city and walk out you'll be an age getting out of the jetland

Advertisement