Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rushed Covid 19 vaccine

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,408 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Dionaibh wrote: »
    Thank you.

To be clear, I am concerned about what WEF has said it is planning to do, namely to reset the planet and every aspect of human activity.

When it will happen, that is when the Great Reset will take place, is in September 2021.

Can you quote where they or anyone else has said this?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

ranto_boy wrote: »
    Well I'm not. A lot of stuff about it and recent events doesn't add up.
    Such as?
    ranto_boy wrote: »
    I question that and the likes of you pop up to dismiss it all and sundry!
    What have I been dismissing?

Cause on one hand you're saying I'm dismissing your beliefs.
    On the other others are whinging that they obviously don't believe the stuff I'm talking about.

So be specific. What do you believe that I have dismissed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭timmy_mallet

Mandatory, perhaps not. But you should not be allowed into public indoor places without it, if you want your own personal lockdown then fine. However, this would be sometime away after millions will have had it.

Bit weird that, if you're vaccinated, what would be the problem, you are fully protected?

And if you want to suggest that it's the vulnerable who can't be vaccinated that you want to protect, tell us what percentage of the population will be not able take a (theoretical) COVID-19 vaccine, and then weigh that up vs. the efficacy/side effects and natural immunity, I think you'll agree it's a silly position to take.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Dionaibh

King Mob wrote: »
    And when this doesn't happen?

Then I'll be very happy.

But I don't think they're planning to get together for a chinwag.

Can you quote where they or anyone else has said this?

Sure:

https://thehill.com/opinion/energy-environment/504499-introducing-the-great-reset-world-leaders-radical-plan-to

“Every country, from the United States to China, must participate, and every industry, from oil and gas to tech, must be transformed,” wrote Klaus Schwab, the founder and executive chairman of the World Economic Forum, in an article published on WEF’s website. “In short, we need a ‘Great Reset’ of capitalism.”

Schwab also said that “all aspects of our societies and economies” must be “revamped,” “from education to social contracts and working conditions.”

• Advertisement

Then I'll be very happy.

But I don't think they're planning to get together for a chinwag.
    And will you admit you're wrong and that your beliefs weren't correct?

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/commentary/davos-great-reset-plan-has-more-holes-than-swiss-cheese/news-story/0e3ed36d047ec8aeb13c41c5f39a384d

'Build Back Better', they say. What better way to do that than to destroy the global economy? How are more people not questioning all of what's going on in the world?

And will you admit you're wrong and that your beliefs weren't correct?

Absolutely. I don't want to be right.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ranto_boy

Such as?

Will you be first in line for a vaccine? :) We've shut down the economy, suspended all manner of civil rights, have encouraged fear and suspicion and informing on your friends and family, all for a virus with a minuscule death rate which peaked some time ago and has not come back in any comparable country. It was understandable back in March to have two weeks but we know a lot more now. Look at a graph of deaths in the UK. People were screaming second wave at VE day, then BLM, then when the pubs were open... All the while the state's encroachment on civil liberties has continued throughout the west. Get used to the "new normal"... Back in April and March, masks were not effective according to the science and you'd see the odd one in the shops. Now social distancing is out the window if you wear one and if you don't, well you must want Granny dead.

Questioning any of this in a serious way gets you called a CTer. If we were in Oz, the police could knock down my door and take me away for the above. Probably not long til we see that here.

Now we're told to be excited about a rushed vaccine. Why would any sane person (not in a risk group) risk it? But you can be sure the government will bring in something like a vaccine passport all the same.

Doesn't any of this bother you?

Absolutely. I don't want to be right.
    Cool.
    I don't think this will happen though.
    Rather than admit you're wrong and reevaluate your beliefs and the poor thinking that lead you to them, you will just justify things and twist things so that you don't have to admit to being wrong.
    You will most likely have moved on to some other conspiracy boogeyman by then.

• Advertisement

Cool.
    I don't think this will happen though.
    Rather than admit you're wrong and reevaluate your beliefs and the poor thinking that lead you to them, you will just justify things and twist things so that you don't have to admit to being wrong.
    You will most likely have moved on to some other conspiracy boogeyman by then.

That poor thinking you refer to is my reading a description of The Great Reset on WEF's own website.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/commentary/davos-great-reset-plan-has-more-holes-than-swiss-cheese/news-story/0e3ed36d047ec8aeb13c41c5f39a384d

An interesting article on The Great Reset.

A comment on that article I linked to:

"The push for a great reset is the biggest threat to human life in our generation. Covid and economic turmoil dwarf in comparison."

So there are people in Australia as well who are worried about The Great Reset.

A comment on that article I linked to:

"The push for a great reset is the biggest threat to human life in our generation. Covid and economic turmoil dwarf in comparison."

So there are people in Australia as well who are worried about The Great Reset.

There are conspiracy theorists all over the globe.......surprise surprise.

That poor thinking you refer to is my reading a description of The Great Reset on WEF's own website.
    Yes, your reading resulted in you misrepresenting things and leading you to believe a very silly conspiracy theory that you can't actually detail.

You seem to believe things simply because you find them on the internet.

But like I said, you're doing a great job of providing an example of a conspiracy theorist.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 439 ✭✭FutureTeashock

<More attempts to complain about moderation on thread will result in cards and/or bans. This warning applies to everyone>

Yes, your reading resulted in you misrepresenting things and leading you to believe a very silly conspiracy theory that you can't actually detail.

You seem to believe things simply because you find them on the internet.

But like I said, you're doing a great job of providing an example of a conspiracy theorist.

How is it possible to misrepresent something like "we want to reset the planet"?

There are conspiracy theorists all over the globe.......surprise surprise.

So you think there's nothing to worry about?

So you think there's nothing to worry about?

Exactly

Exactly

Grand. I hope you're right.

But, out of interest, what do you think The Great Reset will consist of?

Grand. I hope you're right.

But, out of interest, what do you think The Great Reset will consist of?

Nothing, it's a vague idea being floated about that will probably never come to fruition.

• Advertisement

Nothing, it's a vague idea being floated about that will probably never come to fruition.

Grand, thanks. I hope you're right.

Grand, thanks. I hope you're right.

It's already in motion. The Covid measures are a blatant smokescreen.

It's already in motion. The Covid measures are a blatant smokescreen.

I agree

And they've delayed the get together until September of next year, ostensibly because of safety concerns. But maybe the reason is to give themselves more time to work on their reset.

I would suggest people emigrate, if they can, and get out of the West. I think it's the West that they're targeting. I would suggest going to Russia or Brazil. And even if you can't stand Bolsonaro or Putin, I can't see either being controlled by the Davos crowd.

And they've delayed until September of next year, ostensibly because of safety concerns. But maybe the reason is to give themselves more time to work on their reset.

I would suggest people emigrate, if they can, and get out of the West. I think it's the West that they're targeting. I would suggest going to Russia or Brazil. And even if you can't stand Bolsonaro or Putin, I can't see either being controlled by the Davos crowd.

You're correct, but how would people survive in those places? I doubt there are many jobs going anywhere in the world at the moment.

We're screwed. :(

And they've delayed until September of next year, ostensibly because of safety concerns. But maybe the reason is to give themselves more time to work on their reset.

Off you go so, start a thread when you get there, let us know how it works out for you.

Off you go so, start a thread when you get there, let us know how it works out for you.

Will do.

You're correct, but how would people survive in those places? I doubt there are many jobs going anywhere in the world at the moment.

We're screwed. :(

That's the problem. Maybe work online.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/future-is-very-bright-south-dakotas-unemployment-rate-shrinking-after-kristi-noem-refused-lockdown-measures

Straying a bit, but look at the difference between someone like the Governor of South Dakota, Kristi Noem, and the so-called experts running the show in Ireland. While the experts don't think twice about destroying businesses, mental health, and livelihoods, Governor Noem does:

“These businesses are more than just storefronts — they’re people’s livelihoods. They put food on the table, not only for small business owners, but also for their employees. Without businesses to employ these workers, states that have been shut down will struggle to recover even after they reopen,” - Kristi Noem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

So you don't agree with them?

Why not?

Kinda seems like you're dismissing them out of hand as "crazy conspiracy nonsense".

How about the talk about "the Great Reset" is that a legitimate concern?
    If not, why not?

Whether I agree with them or not is irrelevant?

Why are you even asking that?

I'm not concerned about a great reset people interrupt words and life in many different ways.

That's why life is so wonderful because each person is unique and will have a different outlook and perspective on life and as long as they are doing no harm to themselves or anyone else then who are you or I to pass judgement on anyone's beliefs even if you think they are "crazy".

Life would be incredibly dull and boring if we all thought the same about everything and had the same perspective on everything, would you not agree with that?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement