Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Covid-19 measures are permanent, don't be a boiling frog!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,813 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

A poster called one world order described in detail what he believes to be happening. brianhere described in detail what he believes is happening.

They are both completely contradictory, are not detailed in the slightest, have no credible evidence and are complete bull****. One of the posters made multiple false predictions. Both run from the most basic questions. It's the equivalent to listening to a child make up a story to cover a lie.

Multiple people have tried to ask details of both and have received gobbledygook in return
    And you dismissed as nonsense what the research that poster on reddit did. He had quotes, sources, facts etc to back up what he was saying, and you just dismissed it as nonsense. You didn't even explain why you believe it to be nonsense.

A flat-earther can pull out all sorts of "sources" and "facts", does that make it more credible? No. This stuff might bamboozle you, but for someone who reads this kind of stuff day in day out it's covered in all the same red flags.

Several posters have taken the time over months to explain all these things to you, yet you seem determined to ignore them all and happily (and sheepishly) gobble up all the appealing fantasies you can, no matter how insane and contradictory they are.

It's not an article, it's an opinion piece from a crappy outlet
    https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/washington-times/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Texas and Mississippi just dropped mask requirements. Maybe they weren't CCed on the plan?

New Zealand seems to have been left out of the plan as well for some reason.

Was Biden already in on the plan, or was he only made aware of it on 20th January? But that would mean that Trump was in on it too, except he claimed there wasn't a virus and it would all be gone by April. But then people kept on dying. So maybe Trump wasn't in on the plan, but why did the USA bother going claiming to have developed vaccines, which were developed in Germany. But if its not real then how come Trump caught it, but maybe he didn't catch it because he recovered so quickly, but why pretend to catch it if its not real.

Man it's tricky to keep up with this stuff, no wonder it's easier to just say something crazy and then run away without answering any follow up questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,366 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Texas and Mississippi just dropped mask requirements. Maybe they weren't CCed on the plan?

Against the advice of state public health officials.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Against the advice of state public health officials.

Indeed, lots of dumb governors have gone against health advice. Doesn't really tie in the the global elite controlling people though, or maybe doctors and scientists are the new global elite? Its hard to keep up.

They haven't really lifted them. Private businesses can still impose their own mask rules. As far as I'm aware, there is not a country in the world that has scrapped them altogether. By altogether, I mean in all indoor spaces and on public transport.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,366 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Indeed, lots of dumb governors have gone against health advice. Doesn't really tie in the the global elite controlling people though, or maybe doctors and scientists are the new global elite? Its hard to keep up.

Maybe those two women at the demo with there t-shirts were right.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

What I don't get is the continued insistence that there's no evidence.
    But you see we explained why you were taking these people out of context. I pointed out an example of where you were claiming they said something they didn't and when I asked you to support your claim you ignored it and ran away.

And again you claimed that there was no conspiracy.
    Why did you claim this when you believed there were many conspiracies?

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭PintOfView

Her arguments are persuasive:

"Mask mandates, anyone?

If government can’t get it done the constitutional route, government can exert pressures on the private market to get the same done by a different route. No mask, no entry has become the normal shop store sign these days. Soon, no vaccine, no entry. Soon, no papers — no buying or selling.

With the coming oligarchy — the coming top-down global “build back better” and “great reset” campaigns — citizens won’t be able to travel, to work, to go to school, to shop or to sell without first meeting the standards set by corporate heads and their WEF partners.

It’s a takeover of free markets and an imposition of behavioral, political and economic standards on entire countries, by unelected, unaccountable, often even unseen and unknown billionaire elites.

And it’s coming to America.

It’s communism dressed as social justice capitalism.

Biden‘s announced nominations of union-friendly Cabinet members plays right into this “great reset” moment in time. Who else better equipped to cripple America’s free market from within than union members?

If seeing the battle is step one to winning the battle, then it’s crucial to acknowledge: Build back better means something. The great reset is real. And Americans must fight the communism these soft-sounding phrases are actually selling.

The WEF, remember, is comprised of private companies, and therefore largely sheltered from accountability. Or ballot box replacement.

If WEF‘s “Great Reset Initiative” reaches fruition, even elections — and with them, all those arguments over problematic election integrity — won’t matter. America, like all the countries of the world, will be run and governed and regulated by a crowd of corporate elitists and their billionaire friends. The Constitution will be just a piece of paper. Freedom will be only what they grant."

I'm beginning to feel it's a bit pointless trying to put the rational side of this.
    It clearly has no impact on your thinking.
    It seems to be that you have watched so much of this you are literally brain washed,
    and likely have left the ability to think for yourself behind.

I don't know how you get yourself out of that, particularly if you simply watch more and more of this misinformation.

For the world to function with some sort of coherent organisation, as many people as possible need
    to think for themselves, and understand the basics of what's happening, and not simply be sheep, parroting what some others say.

There's not much more to say, you are worried about stuff that will never happen,
    but then when it doesn't happen your web sites will have another explanation as to why it didn't happen,
    and you will continue to believe!!

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    They are both completely contradictory, are not detailed in the slightest, have no credible evidence and are complete bull****. One of the posters made multiple false predictions. Both run from the most basic questions. It's the equivalent to listening to a child make up a story to cover a lie.

Multiple people have tried to ask details of both and have received gobbledygook in return

A flat-earther can pull out all sorts of "sources" and "facts", does that make it more credible? No. This stuff might bamboozle you, but for someone who reads this kind of stuff day in day out it's covered in all the same red flags.

Several posters have taken the time over months to explain all these things to you, yet you seem determined to ignore them all and happily (and sheepishly) gobble up all the appealing fantasies you can, no matter how insane and contradictory they are.

It's not an article, it's an opinion piece from a crappy outlet
    https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/washington-times/

So you ask for evidence and when you're provided with articles, sources, facts, quotes etc you dismiss them out of hand. So it's a bit of a waste of time.

Not detailed? I hope one world order won't mind me reproducing his post:

"For a new global economy that will be controlled by the anti Christ during the 7 year tribulation, there first needs to be a controlled destruction of the current economy. The global financial system almost collapsed in 2008, but through massive currency printing since then, the bubbles that collapsed were reinflated and we now have greater debt than ever before that can never be repaid.

To stop the system collapsing back in 2008, the monetary base must increase exponentially and the money creation graph then goes vertical at the end just before the system fails. This started to happen around September last year when the repo markets started to spike resulting in the release of Covid 19 into the world thus slowing down the velocity of money and the CPI.

Governments will become part owners in large corporations through buying corporate debt while small businesses will be killed off. Governments will use their influence of large corporations to force the global population to take the vaccine through immunity passports and the non buying of goods and services without verification of taking the vaccine.

As the global economy is decimated a Universal Basic Income will be instituted leading to hyperinflation and ultimately a new global centrally controlled crypto currency requiring a genetic modification component resulting from the global pandemic agenda."

Now you disagree with one world order, but it's wrong to say that what they posted isn't detailed.

Why not tell us why the person on reddit is wrong? He quotes members of the Club of Rome. His research is very detailed.

A poster called one world order described in detail what he believes to be happening. brianhere described in detail what he believes is happening.
    Ok. So point out where they show that forcing people to wear masks benefits the global cabal behind everything.

• Advertisement

PintOfView wrote: »
    I'm beginning to feel it's a bit pointless trying to put the rational side of this.
    It clearly has no impact on your thinking.
    It seems to be that you have watched so much of this you are literally brain washed,
    and likely have left the ability to think for yourself behind.

I don't know how you get yourself out of that, particularly if you simply watch more and more of this misinformation.

For the world to function with some sort of coherent organisation, as many people as possible need
    to think for themselves, and understand the basics of what's happening, and not simply be sheep, parroting what some others say.

There's not much more to say, you are worried about stuff that will never happen,
    but then when it doesn't happen your web sites will have another explanation as to why it didn't happen,
    and you will continue to believe!!

We'll know in September what's going to happen. That's when the Great Reset will be rolled out. For now we can just speculate based on the evidence.

If it doesn't happen then I'll be delighted.

Why is that journalist's opinion misinformation? Her arguments are persuasive.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

In the space of a couple of hours you've gone from there is no conspiracy to it being due to climate change to It being because of a potential virus mutation in 40 years time to It being The Great Reset and now to Satan being in control of BitCoin.

If you would just stick to the one idea for more than half an hour we might be able to figure out what you really think.

We'll know in September what's going to happen. That's when the Great Reset will be rolled out. For now we can just speculate based on the evidence.

The previous posters who were scared of the WEF claimed that the Great Reset would already be rolled out by now.
    Why were these posters wrong?

King Mob wrote: »
    The previous posters who were scared of the WEF claimed that the Great Reset would already be rolled out by now.
    Why were these posters wrong?

They met virtually in January. That was the warmup meeting. The important meeting will take place in September.

robinph wrote: »
    In the space of a couple of hours you've gone from there is no conspiracy to it being due to climate change to It being because of a potential virus mutation in 40 years time to It being The Great Reset and now to Satan being in control of BitCoin.

If you would just stick to the one idea for more than half an hour we might be able to figure out what you really think.

I was trying to interpret the OP's post. I was saying that I didn't see any sign of a conspiracy theory in what he wrote.

I quoted one world order because a claim was made that n one had offered a detailed hypothesis. one world order did. As did brianhere.

I said 'potential variants' could lead to permanent mask-wearing because there would always be the potential of a new variant.

So you ask for evidence and when you're provided with articles, sources, facts, quotes etc you dismiss them out of hand. So it's a bit of a waste of time.

Nope

Both posters have been asked multiple times for coherent details or credible evidence, which they haven't provided. Emphasis in italics. It's one thing to make a claim, it's another to back it up. Anyone can fill their claim with all sorts of links and sources, but if they aren't reputable, it doesn't mean anything.

Again, the average flat-earther can link to many sources, even to some experts - it's all meaningless because none of those sources are credible.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭PintOfView

It's good we have a date for the Great Reset, at least we'll be able to see if it happens or not.

I don't have time tonight to look at that link. Perhaps tomorrow.
    However, you have said other stuff was persuasive that I didn't find to be the case, so we'll see!

Just one other thing occurred to me.
    Youtube does tend to keep people in orbit around particular subjects.
    That's how they make their money, they want people to stay on youtube as long as possible so that they can serve you the maximum number of ad's, so the computers give people more of the same.

So, for eg., if you're into cars, you will see lots of videos about cars, if you're into horses, the same,
    I imagine it's the same with this great reset stuff.
    The only thing is then you will not then get an opportunity to see alternative views of the world.
    It might be good to check some of these things outside of youtube and your normal sites!!

They met virtually in January. That was the warmup meeting. The important meeting will take place in September.
    Yes. And previous posters told us that after the meeting in January we would see the Great Reset happen.

You agree that these posters were wrong.

Why do you think they claimed this false thing?
    Why should we believe your new prediction any more than those false ones?

Also could you tell us how this would fit into one world orders claims that Trump will be president again by the end of the month? Is this also part of the Great Reset plan? Is Trump in on it?

Could you also please explain what the benefit to the WEF is to force people to wear masks.
    You keep avoiding this question.
    Why are you so afraid of it?

Again, the average flat-earther can link to many sources, even to some experts - it's all meaningless because none of those sources are credible.
    Or if it is a credible source it doesn't actually say what the conspiracy theorist claims it says. Those can usually be debunked by reading the article in full or at least past the headline.

I was trying to interpret the OP's post. I was saying that I didn't see any sign of a conspiracy theory in what he wrote.

I quoted one world order because a claim was made that n one had offered a detailed hypothesis. one world order did. As did brianhere.

I said 'potential variants' could lead to permanent mask-wearing because there would always be the potential of a new variant.

So do you belive in any of these ideas then? Every thing other than the potential for virus variants in years to come you seem to be stepping back from.

How does virus mutation at some point in the future relate to any conspiracy?

• Advertisement

King Mob wrote: »
    Or if it is a credible source it doesn't actually say what the conspiracy theorist claims it says. Those can usually be debunked by reading the article in full or at least past the headline.

At least with a flat earther they are prepared to tell you what it is they belive. Yes you'll then get stuck in a loop explaining basic science to them, but at least you know what they are claiming.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Ain't gonna happen; I predict this whole ridiculous plan will collapse this summer following unprecedented civil unrest across Europe and several governments getting removed. The idea that places like Naples, Marseille, Rotterdam and Hamburg can be brought to heel by a cabal of rich dorks with delusions of grandeur is comical. That's before even considering the citizens of 'red' portions of the US who, if they were an army in their own right, would defeat nearly any country in the world.

robinph wrote: »
    At least with a flat earther they are prepared to tell you what it is they belive. Yes you'll then get stuck in a loop explaining basic science to them, but at least you know what they are claiming.

Again with the claims that posters won't tell you what they believe. one world order explained in detail what he believes is happening. As did brianhere. The person on reddit did piles of research. The journalist from the Washington Examiner described in detail what she believes is happening. I have told you what I fear might happen.

sabat wrote: »
    Ain't gonna happen; I predict this whole ridiculous plan will collapse this summer following unprecedented civil unrest across Europe and several governments getting removed. The idea that places like Naples, Marseille, Rotterdam and Hamburg can be brought to heel by a cabal of rich dorks with delusions of grandeur is comical. That's before even considering the citizens of 'red' portions of the US who, if they were an army in their own right, would defeat nearly any country in the world.

That's something I've wondered about myself. Would Texas just roll over? Alabama? Brazil and Bolsonaro? Russia?

Nope

Both posters have been asked multiple times for coherent details or credible evidence, which they haven't provided. Emphasis in italics. It's one thing to make a claim, it's another to back it up. Anyone can fill their claim with all sorts of links and sources, but if they aren't reputable, it doesn't mean anything.

But can you explain why the person from reddit is talking out of his hat? He quotes Club of Rome members as well as Klaus Schwab. He presents evidence, facts etc.

The "warmup" meeting, interesting. All the major Presidents were there for 5 days in January, along with 1,700 representatives and covered the agenda.

Please share the link to this much bigger meeting in September?

PintOfView wrote: »
    It's good we have a date for the Great Reset, at least we'll be able to see if it happens or not.

I don't have time tonight to look at that link. Perhaps tomorrow.
    However, you have said other stuff was persuasive that I didn't find to be the case, so we'll see!

Just one other thing occurred to me.
    Youtube does tend to keep people in orbit around particular subjects.
    That's how they make their money, they want people to stay on youtube as long as possible so that they can serve you the maximum number of ad's, so the computers give people more of the same.

So, for eg., if you're into cars, you will see lots of videos about cars, if you're into horses, the same,
    I imagine it's the same with this great reset stuff.
    The only thing is then you will not then get an opportunity to see alternative views of the world.
    It might be good to check some of these things outside of youtube and your normal sites!!

I avoid YouTube for that reason. I haven't watched any videos about the Great Reset that are on YouTube.

Persuasive in the sense that governments have a habit of not being fond of relinquishing power.

Klaus Schwab has promised that there will be radical changes introduced. So radical that people will talk of BC (Before Corona) and AC (After Corona).

Again with the claims that posters won't tell you what they believe. one world order explained in detail what he believes is happening. As did brianhere. The person on reddit did piles of research. The journalist from the Washington Examiner described in detail what she believes is happening. I have told you what I fear might happen.

So is that 5 or 6 different versions of what this conspiracy is then?

So just to confirm, you belive in the version that masks are permanent because there might be a mutation in 40 years time?
    Do you really think that the world will continue wearing masks during the intervening years when there isn't a mutation of a virus to worry about?

What are your thoughts on the one about Satan being in control of BitCoin? Do you follow that theory or do you think it's nonsense?

But can you explain why the person from reddit is talking out of his hat? He quotes Club of Rome members as well as Klaus Schwab. He presents evidence, facts etc.

Don't need to, you can. Simple exercise, explain the conspiracy. Then I'll ask questions on it, you can use his "links" and "sources" to easily address those questions. Maybe it's all correct, and you seem to think all the info is reliable, so should be a fairly easy exercise.

• Advertisement

Klaus Schwab has promised that there will be radical changes introduced. So radical that people will talk of BC (Before Corona) and AC (After Corona).

Like what?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement