Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Covid-19 measures are permanent, don't be a boiling frog!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

namloc1980 wrote: »
    The Qantas CEO said it is coming. That is what I presume the other poster was referring to. Do you think the CEO is lying?

Jesus, who said anything about lying?

The other poster said the reason for introducing mandatory vaccinations was to attract customer back. I asked him what his source was for the information and he said the airline was the source and snarkily asked if I had even read anything about the topic.

I responded that I couldn't find anywhere where Qantas said anything about enticing people to fly with them by introducing mandatory vaccinations. You posted a BBC article in response to that and I still don't see any such rhetoric from Qantas.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

The other poster said the reason for introducing mandatory vaccinations was to attract customer back.

It was an airline spokesman on the news, I can't remember who. They were saying that they wanted to rebuild confidence in air travel, etc. It's an airline, they want more people to travel by air, they obviously think this is the way forward for now. They might be right, they might be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭NaFirinne

The Great Reset - is summed up well here.

Please watch those who are interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0p-CvgFhBk&feature=youtu.be

NaFirinne wrote: »

Religious fruitcake. It's painful to think he peddles that drivel at his local church.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Not inclined to listen to religious fundamentalists. Thanks all the same.

• Advertisement

Not inclined to listen to religious fundamentalists. Thanks all the same.

So a christian world view is not to be listened too?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,934 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

Will definitely watch that later, religious predictions have never been wrong over the last two thousand years.

So a christian world view is not to be listened too?

I said I don't listen to religious fundamentalists. That this guy claims to be a Christian is of no consequence. He could be a Muslim or a Sikh for all I care.

Will definitely watch that later, religious predictions have never been wrong over the last two thousand years.

Bibical prophecies have been proven to be accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,934 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

It's easy to make predictions about the past.

• Advertisement

It's easy to make predictions about the past.

Not when it was written thousands of years ago.

Not when it was written thousands of years ago.

Any examples?

Israel becoming a nation again in 1948 is one example.

A study into eschatology has many more examples.

if you want to see the evidence for this there is plenty of studies on this.

This is a very good one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ0y2HqpP8g&list=PLspN3FLSM_nQwBPdOk0HS7bn4Zkt3IIIk

• Registered Users Posts: 25,486 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

This is a very good one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ0y2HqpP8g&list=PLspN3FLSM_nQwBPdOk0HS7bn4Zkt3IIIk

What is it with conspiracy theorists and youtube video's?

Extra long ones too.

Extra long ones too.

Yup, just finished a long day in work, last thing I want to watch is some hour long youtube vid from some random guy. I wish they would have the courtesy to timestamp the parts that are pertinent to the discussions.

No not at all.

That's not a conspiracy theorist

That's the start of a very deep study with evidence.

Are you suggesting book written thousands of years ago has magic powers that means it can predict the future..

What kind of magic powers..

No not at all.

That's not a conspiracy theorist

That's the start of a very deep study with evidence.

An hour and 10 minute video, 1 of 26 of them! No thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,232 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

This is a very good one.

YouTube videos are not studies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭harrylittle

Its because main stream media wont cover the issues so it moves to the fringes and even utube is now banning the bulk of those

This is a very good one.

It's very easy to take an event and massage it to fit in with a "prediction".

You could probably take all of Iron Maiden's and Metallica's song lyrics and connect them to world events that happen in the future.

(Cue treacly American accent on some lame Discovery Channel documentary)

A worlld leader shall rise and rule over the planet. He will have come from humble beginnings. He shall make decisions solely of his own volition and other shall agree.

As predicted in The Book of Metallica, Chapter "Wherever I May Roam", verse 2:

"And the earth becomes my throne
    I adapt to the unknown
    Under wandering stars I've grown
    By myself but not alone
    I ask no one"

:D

Its because main stream media wont cover the issues so it moves to the fringes and even utube is now banning the bulk of those

It's always been on the fringe because it's represents fringe views. You do realise that flat-earthers, anti-vaxxers, etc use all the same excuses. Rather than face the reality that their beliefs are baseless, they pretend there is a global conspiracy against them, including the "mainstream media", social media and so on.

Well, do you expect to find information that might be embarrassing to Western governments in mainstream media outlets?

And if it does get out woe betide those who facilitated it.

Well, do you expect to find information that might be embarrassing to Western governments in mainstream media outlets?

And where do you expect to find abject nonsense that isn't in the news because it's abject nonsense and it isn't true?
    Things like flat earth... Creationism... Holocaust denial...

They all claim the same "oppression" too.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭harrylittle

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    It's always been on the fringe because it's represents fringe views. You do realise that flat-earthers, anti-vaxxers, etc use all the same excuses. Rather than face the reality that their beliefs are baseless, they pretend there is a global conspiracy against them, including the "mainstream media", social media and so on.

So why the ban if its baseless

So why the ban if its baseless
    Because vulnerable people sometimes start believing false claims or the see issues as clouded when they aren't.

Why allow obvious false claims and nonsense?
    Especially when you have cats like Alex Jones who make a mint out of them?

Also "ban" is a bit disingenuous.
    Cranks are free to create their own platforms where they can spread whatever nonsense they like.
    Just that doesn't give them the easily accessible reach and profit of established, free to use platforms.

But various people have cracked the secrets of these conspiracies and posted them all over the net? Isnt that the purest definition of it "getting out"?

Has anything happened to these people?

But various people have cracked the secrets of these conspiracies and posted them all over the net? Isnt that the purest definition of it "getting out"?

Half of the time conspiracy theorists are pointing to clues that the conspirators put out themselves. (I.e. "they tweeted this one article, therefore that means that plan to turn the either world communist.")

Again if the Shadowy They didn't give out so many clues, conspiracy theorists wouldn't have anything to talk about.

• Advertisement

What I'm saying is if you get too close to the truth you will be silenced.

If you actually manage to get information out with evidence your life will be made a living hell so as to discourage other who may think about growing a conscience and telling your story.

E.g

Assange
    Snowden
    Manning
    Sgrena

And before people start harping on about conspiracy theorists as opposed to whistleblowers, a whistleblower is a conspiracy theorist up until he/she can produce the goods. Then they become a whistleblower. And a conspiracy theorist is just that until the conspiracy is exposed and then it becomes a scandal.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement