Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Covid-19 measures are permanent, don't be a boiling frog!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

King Mob wrote: »
    Nope, it's the other conspiracy theorists.

Mm hmm? And any difficult ones you can't answer directly or honestly you can declare are "stupid" and dodge them.
    That's avoiding them dude.

I don't know.
    What do you think is the real purpose and why do you believe that it will continue after the pandemic?

I don't know either. I already said as much in my post. Did you even read it or are you just tripping over yourself to answer questions with questions? Read back. I said "I'm damned if I know."

Why was a 10pm cutoff introduced in Ireland all those years ago? The excuse was that it would cut down on anti-social behaviour which is a total crock. Others posited the very plausible notion that the VA shoehorned the measure through to increase business for themselves.

They are trying to completely gentrify the RLD in Amsterdam and it's not because it's seedy but because the property in the area is prime real estate and they want the windows and clubs run out of town so they can turn them all into expensive apartments smack in the city centre. The mayor of Amsterdam is constanlty banging on about anti-social behavior which I just don't see. She's not even from Amsterdam and is universally loathed by most Amsterdammers for her bullsh1t agenda. She's a conservative who doesn't understand the city. She's constantly looking for way to further her purist agenda but also she panders to moneyed interests

• Registered Users Posts: 25,227 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

I don't know either.
    Great. A straight answer for a change.

We can now conclude that this curfew is not part of the conspiracy.

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    I'm perfectly calm.

Your personal opinion and world view.

That's because terrorism is a constant threat.

Why would they keep a curfew of 8pm when the pandemic has gone, what would be the purpose?

And terrorism isn't a constant threat. It's all in your mind. Getting killed by a cow is a bigger threat.

We can't "conclude" anything. You can't seem to discuss anything without trying to coach people, put words in their mouths, lead them, pepper them with strawmen.

You speak for yourself but not anybody else.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭mikekerry

We can't "conclude" anything. You can't seem to discuss anything without trying to coach people, put words in their mouths, lead them, pepper them with strawmen.

You are trying to have reasonable discussion with a guy that spends 24/7 on a topic where he totally opposes the subject matter and what the topic is discussing so I think It's safe to say that you aren't going to have any balanced or meaningful discussion with that person.
    I would deduct there are more fulfilling past times to have than that.

• Advertisement

It wan't good enough for you the first time you read it or can we now conclde that you only half arsedly read posts and fly in with your two cents worth after maybe reading the first sentence of even first 3 or 4 words.

Ok, then if it's part of the conspiracy, how is it part of the conspiracy?

You just said you can't offer a reason for why it would be part of the conspiracy.
    To me, that would make it obvious it wasn't part of the conspiracy.

If you don't know how it's part of the conspiracy, how can you say it's part of the conspiracy? That's a contradiction.

I also don't think you know what "strawman" means.

mikekerry wrote: »
    You are trying to have reasonable discussion with a guy that spends 24/7 on a topic where he totally opposes the subject matter and what the topic is discussing so I think It's safe to say that you aren't going to have any balanced or meaningful discussion with that person.
    I would deduct there are more fulfilling past times to have than that.

Point taken mike. I really should know better than to get roped in by his games.
    I'll ignore in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭NaFirinne

Well the Head of WHO Suggests COVID Restrictions Will Continue Even After Vaccine. The Vaccine just complements the tools in use.

How long I wonder do they expect all this to continue...maybe just until every small business is completely bankrupt so they can bring in there universal pay system on the world.

Point taken mike. I really should know better than to get roped in by his games.

Again, no games. I'm just asking direct simple questions.
    You guys just don't seem to be able or willing to give the direct answers and then get moany when I don't let you weasel away from difficult questions.

FYI, I think this will be the 3rd or 4th time you've announced that you're "done playing my games."
    I'll ignore in future.
    You've been doing that the entire time.
    You guys like to ignore difficult questions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Fodla

NaFirinne wrote: »
    Well the Head of WHO Suggests COVID Restrictions Will Continue Even After Vaccine. The Vaccine just complements the tools in use.

How long I wonder do they expect all this to continue...maybe just until every small business is completely bankrupt so they can bring in there universal pay system on the world.

Yes, the goalposts have been moved once again. He also said, wait for it, 'Build Back Better' the other day. But it's just another coincidence, I'm sure. Another one to add to the gigantic list.

And yet people continue to believe that this crap is about a virus.

Again, no games. I'm just asking direct simple questions.
    You guys just don't seem to be able or willing to give the direct answers and then get moany when I don't let you weasel away from difficult questions.

FYI, I think this will be the 3rd or 4th time you've announced that you're "done playing my games."

You've been doing that the entire time.
    You guys like to ignore difficult questions.

But the questions are often impossible to answer. Questions such as "Who wrote the script?", for example. We can only guess, based on evidence, who may have written the script. The evidence (the Great Reset, his non-stop talk of 'a narrow window of opportunity' and his talk of never going back to normal) points to Schwab. But we cannot know for certain. We're guessing based on evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,790 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

And terrorism isn't a constant threat. It's all in your mind. Getting killed by a cow is a bigger threat.

No. Terrorism is a constant relative threat to many places in the world, this is why, for example, we have checks in airports, it's why there are bollards up on prominent streets.

The world doesn't revolve around the limits of your mind, and what you can and can't grasp. It's extraordinary how many people on this forum seem to have the egotistical view that it does.

Fodla wrote: »
    But it's just another coincidence, I'm sure.
    Well yea. You guys haven't at all shown anything to show it's a massive global conspiracy.
    Everything you have shown has either been nothing, twisted, or outright lies.

You still haven't been able to explain how the one piece of evidence you have, these quotes, actually fit into a conspiracy.

Again, internet detectives were posting the same kinda "coincidences" during swine flu too.

But the questions are often impossible to answer. Questions such as "Who wrote the script?", for example. We can only guess, based on evidence, who may have written the script. The evidence (the Great Reset, his non-stop talk of 'a narrow window of opportunity' and his talk of never going back to normal) points to Schwab. But we cannot know for certain. We're guessing based on evidence.
    But you're not basing much on evidence.

So what do you believe he wrote? Was it an exact speech? Was it just "use these phrases a bunch."?

Why would these leaders just agree to this?

Why would they do this when it gives you guys warning that the conspiracy exists?

None of these questions require insider knowledge. You just have to give some reasonable speculation, which based on the wild nonsense we've been hearing, isn't an issue for you.
    The issue is that you can't even speculate a reasonable answer, because none make sense.
    And also because these would require creative and active thinking about the conspiracy, which is something not needed if you're just parroting what you're told from youtube videos. Also, such thinking generally leads to discovering flaws and plot holes in conspiracy theories, hence why it's a bit frowned upon.

Well yea. You guys haven't at all shown anything to show it's a massive global conspiracy.
    Everything you have shown has either been nothing, twisted, or outright lies.

You still haven't been able to explain how the one piece of evidence you have, these quotes, actually fit into a conspiracy.

Again, internet detectives were posting the same kinda "coincidences" during swine flu too.

1. They all say 'new normal' five minutes after a pandemic is declared.

2. They're all saying 'build back better'.

3. Schwab writes a book entitled 'The Great Reset' and, fortunately for him, gets his 'narrow window of opportunity' to implement it.

4. A virus happens to appear in election year, which helps get rid of Trump and install Biden, thereby getting rid of major opposition to the reset.

5. World leaders ignore there own rules and that is not suspicious?

I find it impossible to dismiss all of the above as 'conspiracy theories'.

Get your freedom pass here - Can people really not see the down sides to this? The Government shouldn't have that much control. Freedom was hard fought for.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2020/11/21/exclusive-two-covid-tests-week-could-win-people-freedom-pass/

1. They all say 'new normal' five minutes after a pandemic is declared.

2. They're all saying 'build back better'.

3. Schwab writes a book entitled 'The Great Reset' and, fortunately for him, gets his 'narrow window of opportunity' to implement it.
    Yes. You need more that a few random quotes to show there's a big giant silly conspiracy.
    Repeating those qoutes don't make your argument strong.
    4. A virus happens to appear in election year, which helps get rid of Trump and install Biden, thereby getting rid of major opposition to the reset.

I find it impossible to dismiss all of the above as 'conspiracy theories'.
    Yes, claiming that a virus was released to help someone win an election based on random crappy clues you found on the internet is pretty much the definition of conspiracy theory. It should be dismissed as such because it's silly.

Yes. You need more that a few random quotes to show there's a big giant silly conspiracy.
    Repeating those qoutes don't make your argument strong.

Yes, claiming that a virus was released to help someone win an election based on random crappy clues you found on the internet is pretty much the definition of conspiracy theory. It should be dismissed as such because it's silly.

So they've been eating bats for years and nothing happens, and it just happens to be election year that a virus comes from one of them? Which is coincidentally the same year that a guy who wrote a book about resetting the planet announces a reset of the planet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

And yet many other world leaders who tried to tackle the virus head on actually received popularity boosts. What's the explanation there?

• Advertisement

Get your freedom pass here - Can people really not see the down sides to this? The Government shouldn't have that much control. Freedom was hard fought for.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2020/11/21/exclusive-two-covid-tests-week-could-win-people-freedom-pass/

Yes, but, don't you know, it's all just a conspiracy theory? Just like health passports, which are also on the way.

So they've been eating bats for years and nothing happens, and it just happens to be election year that a virus comes from one of them? Which is coincidentally the same year that a guy who wrote a book about resetting the planet announces a reset of the planet.
    Yes.
    You conspiracy theorists also had a long list of coincidences about swine flu too.

What's your explanation?
    Do you subscribe to the notion that it was a manufactured virus?

Please state your belief clearly and directly thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭mikekerry

It'll be health passports next and you will need a vaccine to go 'green'.
    So flying, gigs , attending offices could and probably will all become a requirement of this.
    A no-covid test result won't do.
    All this stuff has been flagged for a while.
    Of course plenty of people will lap this up.
    Covid is just a vehicle to push all this stuff through.

mikekerry wrote: »
    It'll be health passports next and you will need a vaccine to go 'green'.
    So flying, gigs , attending offices could and probably will all become a requirement of this.
    A no-covid test result won't do.
    All this stuff has been flagged for a while.
    Of course plenty of people will lap this up.
    Covid is just a vehicle to push all this stuff through.

Just don't consent, guys. If everybody (including the likes of King Mob and DohnJoe) don't agree to this bullsh*t, it can't go through.

Do not consent. Government serve us, not the other way around.

Just don't consent, guys. If everybody (including the likes of King Mob and DohnJoe) don't agree to this bullsh*t, it can't go through.

Do not consent. Government serve us, not the other way around.

What will be the problem with the requirement to be vaccinated to attend large scale events with many people or to fly? I'm just curious.

What will be the problem with the requirement to be vaccinated to attend large scale events with many people or to fly? I'm just curious.

"My body, my choice", remember? You can't coerce people into annual vaccinations by threatening to remove their old freedoms and rights. Medical information is private; not something to be scanned and 'cleared' when entering a concert.

Those who fear the virus can get vaccinated. Then they're 'safe'. Those who don't want it can take the tiny risk Covid presents. Everybody happy.

A few of the guys here believe that the vaccine is unsafe.
    A few believe it's part of a global plot that may or may not involve microchips/quantum tatoos/ altering your dna.
    A few believe that it's part of a global depopulation plan.
    A few believe that it's the biblical mark of the beast.

"My body, my choice", remember? You can't coerce people into annual vaccinations by threatening to remove their old freedoms and rights. Medical information is private; not something to be scanned and 'cleared' when entering a concert.

Those who fear the virus can get vaccinated. Then they're 'safe'. Those who don't want it can take the tiny risk Covid presents. Everybody happy.

Your body, your choice. If you don't want to be vaccinated then you don't get to enjoy the benefits that others get from being vaccinated like going to crowded gigs or on a plane but like you say, that's your choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

Similar argument to the defence of mass surveillence, sure if you have nothing to hide you won't mind unaccountable agencies accessing your emails, txts etc.
    Just because someone is happy with the vaccine passport doesn't mean everyone else is or has to be.
    Me, I'll probably take the vaccine, I'm old and won't be siring any spawn post vaccine. I'd be worried for young people with those fast metabolisms and upcoming reproduction.
    A liberal friend of mine is saying no way is he taking it, he's older than me.

• Advertisement

A few of the guys here believe that the vaccine is unsafe.
    A few believe it's part of a global plot that may or may not involve microchips/quantum tatoos/ altering your dna.
    A few believe that it's part of a global depopulation plan.
    A few believe that it's the biblical mark of the beast.

Also a few people believe that we should not be concenting to give up our freedoms and allow some phone application to decide what you can or can't do.

Freedom was hard fought for.

Covid 19 is no where serious enough that it warrants giving these up.

Also when it comes to the vaccines...these are RNA vaccines which are indeed different for vaccines we have had in the past.

It's only right that we need to be weary of them and see that they prove that they won't cause more damage then good before taking them.

We have no way of telling what the long terms affects of these vaccines will be.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement