Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Covid-19 measures are permanent, don't be a boiling frog!

Options

Comments

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Do you think there's a possibility that masks will be made permanent as a "social/population control measure" as per the original post?

I don't think it's realistic to believe they'll go in Ireland for a number of reasons. The first is that I don't think there will ever be a low enough number of cases or hospitalisations for NPHET not to be concerned. It's not realistic to believe there is. There is a tiny number of people in hospital in a country of 4.5 million people and they're still concerned. Even post-vaccination there will continue to be cases and hospitalisations, so why wouldn't they continue to be concerned about that? The second is that Independent SAGE dominate the airwaves and, although people argue that they have zero influence on things, the media has huge influence, and so their being on the airwaves all the time means that this will never end, in my opinion. They will always be calling for restrictions and/or causing people to be fearful. The third is that I believe most people don't mind wearing them. There appears to be no appetite among the public for them to go. I go a step further and say they're popular, but I may be misinterpreting not being bothered about wearing them to mean that they're popular.

In the UK I don't think SAGE would ever be satisfied with a certain number of cases and or hospitalisations. But there's more of a chance that they'll go in the UK than in Ireland, I think, because there's opposition over there. But if they don't go on the 19th then I don't see how they ever go.

I don't know what to make of the 'social/population control measure' argument, but I don't think it matters because either way they wouldn't be going anywhere.

But I accept that I may be wrong, and I hope I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,486 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I don't think it's realistic to believe they'll go in Ireland for a number of reasons. The first is that I don't think there will ever be a low enough number of cases or hospitalisations for NPHET not to be concerned. It's not realistic to believe there is. There is a tiny number of people in hospital in a country of 4.5 million people and they're still concerned. Even post-vaccination there will continue to be cases and hospitalisations, so why wouldn't they continue to be concerned about that? The second is that Independent SAGE dominate the airwaves and, although people argue that they have zero influence on things, the media has huge influence, and so their being on the airwaves all the time means that this will never end, in my opinion. They will always be calling for restrictions and/or causing people to be fearful. The third is that I believe most people don't mind wearing them. There appears to be no appetite among the public for them to go. I go a step further and say they're popular, but I may be misinterpreting not being bothered about wearing them to mean that they're popular.

In the UK I don't think SAGE would ever be satisfied with a certain number of cases and or hospitalisations. But there's more of a chance that they'll go in the UK than in Ireland, I think, because there's opposition over there. But if they don't go on the 19th then I don't see how they ever go.

I don't know what to make of the 'social/population control measure' argument, but I don't think it matters because either way they wouldn't be going anywhere.

I live in the UK, Rarely hear anything from them, why do you continue to make things up?

I live in the UK, Rarely hear anything from them, why do you continue to make things up?

Sorry, ISAG is the name of the group in Ireland. I confused the two. ISAG are extremely prominent in Ireland.

Sorry, ISAG is the name of the group in Ireland. I confused the two. ISAG are extremely prominent in Ireland.

Sure :rolleyes:

That's why you followed up with
    In the UK I don't think SAGE would ever be satisfied with a certain number of cases and or hospitalisations. 

Sure :rolleyes:

That's why you followed up with

SAGE is the group. There's also Independent SAGE in the UK.

Members of SAGE are quoted in articles almost every day, if not every day. In the Daily Mail and The Telegraph at any rate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Gortanna wrote: »

Thanks, but it doesn't answer the question. Do you think masks (and other measures) will be made permanent in Ireland in order to "control" the population?

We wear masks because there's a pandemic. Some people believe it's for another reason, do you think there's another reason, if so, what is it?

Thanks, but it doesn't answer the question. Do you think masks (and other measures) will be made permanent in Ireland in order to "control" the population?

We wear masks because there's a pandemic. Some people believe it's for another reason, do you think it's for another reason?

I don't know is the answer. I'd need to know what exactly brianhere means when he says 'social/population control'. But I just can't see them going. The only way I can see is if covid is eliminated across the globe, but that's not going to happen.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I'd need to know what exactly brianhere means when he says 'social/population control'.

At last, there is at least one point on which we can all agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭Amadan Dubh

We wear masks because there's a pandemic. Some people believe it's for another reason, do you think there's another reason, if so, what is it?

They're worn to show you're compliant with the guidance and support the general restrictions, but there's certainly a lack of concern about the actual virus from most people wearing masks. I mean, once it's below the nose, it's pointless. Once it's a rag of cloth from spar or it's a transparent face visor, it's pointless from a medical perspective. As such, wearing a mask is more of a symbol of obedience rather than a symbol of concern about the virus, I would argue, in the majority of people. Obviously not all people but definitely a majority.

Since this is a conspiracy thread, here is my yarn; pandemic restrictions have been a blessing for supporters of QE as it has enabled the QE thrusters to be pushed into overdrive and unlimited cash can be pumped into the system to keep the financial fraud going. Debt in the system is a multiple of what it was in the lead up to 2008. In fact, it appears the debt build up was never dealt with, the bubble was just reinflated with more debt. We are now in a situation where markets are hooked on central bank credit, like junkies addicted to their drugs. And like with junkies, you will find it very hard to wean them off their drug. Asset prices were starting to stabilise or even decline in 2018/2019 but then along came covid restrictions and the QE money printers whirred non-stop under the guise of supporting the economy. However, it has not helped the economy as it has just resulted in asset prices increasing; supporting the economy would be using this free money and giving it to directly to individuals and businesses in their bank accounts.

Now, the QE overdrive from covid is causing an even bigger problem whereby this insane level of money printing looks like it needs to be sustained but if covid was to be declared over, as it should be in places where the elderly and vulnerable are vaccinated, what would the justification be for continuing to magic money out of thin air?

As I said, it is just very convenient that covid restrictions justify further QE at a time when the music was potentially about to stop and the lack of chairs would become known. Ideally the last 20 years of "growth" need to be accepted as an economic failure and we go back to the drawing board to a more sustainable economic system.

PintOfView wrote: »
    But you're leaving out a lot of context here, and misrepresenting reality.
    You make it sound like people like wearing masks, and 65% want to wear them indefinitely.

The reality is that it's likely 0% like wearing them, and 0% want to wear them indefinitely,
    However 65% of respondents think that once most people are vaccinated some precautions
    should remain, and one of those precautions is masks in shops.

This is clearly in the context of covid still circulating,
    and until we see what happens once most are vaccinated.
    I personally agree with this, ie. proceeding with caution.

I would guess you think there is something wrong with 65% thinking that
    because you don't think the virus is a threat at all?

In that regard, I saw first hand one small business that had to close in May,
    due everyone catching covid, with one person ending up in hospital.
    That's not normal for May, and even in January that would not be expected.
    But you seem to think that it would be ok for the virus to be let loose without restraint!

What damage has been done?
    And who do you think is responsible for the damage?

When you say you're concerned about a cyber attack, are you concerned about a future one,
    or the one we've just had on the HSE,
    or the cyber attacks that have been happening regularly around the world for many years?

What does Dave Cullen say in his video about the recent cyber attacks?

I don't see how it wouldn't be indefinitely. How would they eventually go post-vaccination? When there are no cases? Two or three cases? What if there are ten cases? You say 'until we see what happens once most are vaccinated'. What do you expect to happen? Covid won't go away. It's endemic. There will still be cases and hospitalisations.

Dave Cullen talks about the recent cyber attacks and links them with the WEF cyber attack simulation. The video is available to watch on Bitchute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

They're worn to show you're compliant with the guidance and support the general restrictions, but there's certainly a lack of concern about the actual virus from most people wearing masks. I mean, once it's below the nose, it's pointless. Once it's a rag of cloth from spar or it's a transparent face visor, it's pointless from a medical perspective. As such, wearing a mask is more of a symbol of obedience rather than a symbol of concern about the virus, I would argue, in the majority of people. Obviously not all people but definitely a majority.

Since this is a conspiracy thread, here is my yarn; pandemic restrictions have been a blessing for supporters of QE as it has enabled the QE thrusters to be pushed into overdrive and unlimited cash can be pumped into the system to keep the financial fraud going. Debt in the system is a multiple of what it was in the lead up to 2008. In fact, it appears the debt build up was never dealt with, the bubble was just reinflated with more debt. We are now in a situation where markets are hooked on central bank credit, like junkies addicted to their drugs. And like with junkies, you will find it very hard to wean them off their drug. Asset prices were starting to stabilise or even decline in 2018/2019 but then along came covid restrictions and the QE money printers whirred non-stop under the guise of supporting the economy. However, it has not helped the economy as it has just resulted in asset prices increasing; supporting the economy would be using this free money and giving it to directly to individuals and businesses in their bank accounts.

Now, the QE overdrive from covid is causing an even bigger problem whereby this insane level of money printing looks like it needs to be sustained but if covid was to be declared over, as it should be in places where the elderly and vulnerable are vaccinated, what would the justification be for continuing to magic money out of thin air?

As I said, it is just very convenient that covid restrictions justify further QE at a time when the music was potentially about to stop and the lack of chairs would become known. Ideally the last 20 years of "growth" need to be accepted as an economic failure and we go back to the drawing board to a more sustainable economic system.

The great reset ?

Robert Kennedy Jr referred to what you posted about in a conversation he had with Catherine Austin Fitts. I'll try to find the video.

What do you believe will happen when it's all said and done? Do you see cash being abolished and digital currencies being introduced? I've read articles about that happening.

Okay, but this comes across as a strange roundabout answer

According to you, do properly worn masks reduce the spread of the virus, yes or no?

Which financial fraud specifically?

And who exactly is behind this conspiracy of yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,232 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Lol and now here comes the random rants about WEF and the conspiracy to remove ownership again.

All a distraction to deflect from the fact that no conspiracy theorist can answer the simple question of why masks would be permanent.

They can't answer this because it's obvious there's no reason why they would.

King Mob wrote: »
    Lol and now here comes the random rants about WEF and the conspiracy to remove ownership again.

All a distraction to deflect from the fact that no conspiracy theorist can answer the simple question of why masks would be permanent.

Of course they won't be permanent as the facial recognition they will roll out to monirot us needs our faces to be uncovered!

Of course they won't be permanent as the facial recognition they will roll out to monirot us needs our faces to be uncovered!

Who are "they" exactly?

We already have CCTV, is there a different purpose for facial recognition?

Okay, but this comes across as a strange roundabout answer

According to you, do properly worn masks reduce the spread of the virus, yes or no?

Which financial fraud specifically?

And who exactly is behind this conspiracy of yours?

Of course proper masks make a huge difference but the majority of the general public don't wear proper masks.

The financial fraud is that the economy has been booming and growth as measured by the likes of GDP is evidence of how the economy is so strong. However, I see no meaningful salary increases in at least 15 years, they've remained basically flat. Mega corporations are destroying jobs and businesses, not creating new ones, it is a net loss. Companies struggling to make a profit and even making significant losses are sustained by a system which constantly rolled over debt obligations, allowing them to lumber on without actually becoming good (ie profitable) companies (eg Tesla, Uber, WeWork). This generation of young people is worse off than the generations before them, yet they are told they've never had it better. Every year of "growth" is creating a bigger wealth divide and putting more people below the poverty line. Somehow, the very top 1% of 1% control so much of the wealth, I mean I don't even know how this is possible for so few people to control so much. We are all people on this planet sharing limited resources, it is not going to do much for our long term survival if this is how we choose to build our society.

It's not that any one group is behind it, but there is a stale, pale and male, grey haired group that yield a significant amount of power and hold large wealth disproportionately to the rest of the population. Diversity of personality, experience, ideas etc is just not present within these groups, at least not traditionally though it is changing and I think the younger generations with their drives for equality and sustainability are to be commended as they will, over time, result in a meaningful pushback to this current economic system. The ironic thing being that the older men who typically hold the senior management, political etc roles, by clinging to their old beliefs about QE, are going to end up with a stronger push back to this system as a result of such dogmatism, compared to simply taking the foot off the pedal and allowing the pendelum to move back towards the middle.

Who are "they" exactly?

We already have CCTV, is there a different purpose for facial recognition?

Of course; I see some very practical albeit slightly distopian uses in China as described in some short and interesting YouTube documentaries. Identifying wanted criminals when they move in spaces where the cameras are operating is one use; allowing citizens to create profiles of themselves for accessing businesses and services, even building up "social scores" for doing no harm or contributing to society is another use they have for them.

It was more a tongue in cheek response to the claim that masks would be permanent. They are not going to be permanent, certainly not as a requirement for public transport or indoor shopping, for the main reason that the have no use for the wider public outside of a pandemic. Only the hypochondriacs and genuinely vulnerable will wear them in a few weeks when nearly everyone is vaccinated.

Thats what the microchips hidden in the vaccines are for I suppose.

King Mob wrote: »

Indeed. So why then are they still mandatory in Ireland and the UK when hardly anyone is in hospital and deaths are on the floor? Scotland won't scrap them when it lifts other restrictions in August and goes beyond level 0: https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.scotsman.com/health/covid-scotland-face-masks-travel-restrictions-and-working-from-home-to-continue-beyond-level-0-3282861%3famp

If they won't go in Scotland beyond level 0 then they can't ever go.

And I gave several reasons why they would be, and I believe will be, permanent in Ireland. You continue to say no one has given a reason, but I gave three reasons. (1) Pressure from ISAG which the media will push, (2) Not realistic to believe NPHET won't be concerned about case numbers and hospitalisations post-vaccination and (3) No appetite among the public for them to go.

• Advertisement

Indeed. So why then are they still mandatory in Ireland and the UK when hardly anyone is in hospital and deaths are on the floor?
    You tell us. You're the one who believes in the conspiracy theory.
    And I gave several reasons why they would be, and I believe will be, permanent in Ireland. You continue to say no one has given a reason, but I gave three reasons.
    No, you didn't give reasons. No one has. You keep dodging and you will again when you're backed into a corner.

(1) Pressure from ISAG which the media will push, (2) Not realistic to believe NPHET won't be concerned about case numbers and hospitalisations post-vaccination and (3) No appetite among the public for them to go.
    These are not reasons though.

Why are the ISAG and NPHET trying to keep masks mandatory?
    Why are they engaging in a conspiracy to do so?
    What is the benefit for them?

Why do you believe the public want to keep masks permanently? (Especially given that it was shown you were fibbing about that also.)

This is the question you keep dodging and deflecting from because you don't want to admit the reality.

You can't provide a reason because it makes no sense. You can't provide a rational reason for why they would want to do something like that.
    You know you're dodging and deflecting from this question. You know why you are doing it. And I suspect you're going to ignore this post.

You are only suggesting that masks are going to be permanent because it's the last straw you can grasp given that all the other predictions we've seen on the thread have failed.

So why have we seen this kind of dishonesty from you guys throughout this thread?
    Why do you have to be dishonest to support your beliefs?

Indeed. So why then are they still mandatory in Ireland and the UK when hardly anyone is in hospital and deaths are on the floor? Scotland won't scrap them when it lifts other restrictions in August and goes beyond level 0: https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.scotsman.com/health/covid-scotland-face-masks-travel-restrictions-and-working-from-home-to-continue-beyond-level-0-3282861%3famp

And I gave several reasons why they would be, and I believe will be, permanent in Ireland. You continue to say no one has given a reason, but I gave three reasons. (1) Pressure from ISAG which the media will push, (2) Not realistic to believe NPHET won't be concerned about case numbers and hospitalisations post-vaccination and (3) No appetite among the public for them to go.

They're still there because the vaccination levels aren't high enough in either the UK or Ireland. In particular, a lot of people have only gotten dose one. So we're still highly vulnerable to the likes of the delta variant. Also it's pretty likely they'll remain for a while just to avoid any unpredictable scenarios. But would not view them as remotely permanent. I imagine early next year it'll become optional.

Also masks basically work against half the conspiracy theories. Eg facial recognition becomes crap and such. So all the evil plots don't even work with the bizarre choice of this as an evil agenda.

No you didn't, you have given vague suggestions as to who might call for masks to be permanent but you haven't given a single credible reason as to why masks might become permanent.

They're still there because the vaccination levels aren't high enough in either the UK or Ireland. In particular, a lot of people have only gotten dose one. So we're still highly vulnerable to the likes of the delta variant. Also it's pretty likely they'll remain for a while just to avoid any unpredictable scenarios. But would not view them as remotely permanent. I imagine early next year it'll become optional.

Also masks basically work against half the conspiracy theories. Eg facial recognition becomes crap and such. So all the evil plots don't even work with the bizarre choice of this as an evil agenda.

But even post-vaccination there will be cases and hospitalisations. Why would NPHET, who have been concerned about any slight rise in case numbers for over a year, no longer be concerned about case numbers and/or hospitalisations post-vaccination?

Do you believe, based solely on the number of people in hospital in a country of 4.5 million, that there's a justification for restrictions? I've asked that question a number of times, but have yet to receive an answer. Solely based on the number of people in hospital relative to the population size.

No you didn't, you have given vague suggestions as to who might call for masks to be permanent but you haven't given a single credible reason as to why masks might become permanent.

NPHET being concerned about case numbers and hospitalisations isn't a credible reason? They've been concerned about them for over a year.

If they're not scrapped on the 19th of July, at least in England, then how can they ever go?

Gibraltar has vaccinated its entire population and they're still mandatory in shops and on public transport. Or at least that's what Google tells me.

But even post-vaccination there will be cases and hospitalisations. Why would NPHET, who have been concerned about any slight rise in case numbers for over a year, no longer be concerned about case numbers and/or hospitalisations post-vaccination?

Do you believe, based solely on the number of people in hospital in a country of 4.5 million, that there's a justification for restrictions? I've asked that question a number of times, but have yet to receive an answer. Solely based on the number of people in hospital relative to the population size.

Absolutely is necessary, there's vaccine resistant strains (dose one AZ specifically) and we don't have sufficient numbers vaccinated. I dunno why you seem to think that it would be one of the first measures to be dropped. They'll be the last one.

So what's the evil agenda?

Absolutely is necessary, there's vaccine resistant strains (dose one AZ specifically) and we don't have sufficient numbers vaccinated. I dunno why you seem to think that it would be one of the first measures to be dropped. They'll be the last one.

So what's the evil agenda?

But my question was very specific. I said based solely on the numbers. But I appreciate that it's not as straightforward as saying 'No'. But I think 'No' would have to be the answer to my question. There couldn't possibly be any justification based on the numbers alone.

So when sufficient numbers have been vaccinated that's when they'll go? If that's the case then why are they still mandatory in shops and on public transport in Gibraltar? According to numerous articles on Google Gibraltar has vaccinated its population. Okay, Ireland isn't Gibraltar, but it is an example of a country that hasn't scrapped them everywhere even with the population vaccinated.

The fact that numbers are currently low is not a basis to remove mask requirements, that would by default increase spread when a huge amount are still vulnerable to the virus. I already said that I'm guessing next spring is when they're made optional btw... It'll vary by region. They're already optional in the US if you're vaccinated. You expect one word answers but it's far more complex realistically.

NPHET being concerned about case numbers and hospitalisations isn't a credible reason? They've been concerned about them for over a year.

So they are doing thier job and you don't like this?
    If they're not scrapped on the 19th of July, at least in England, then how can they ever go?

Because it all depends on case numbers and hospital numbers, is that so hard to understand?
    Gibraltar has vaccinated its entire population and they're still mandatory in shops and on public transport. Or at least that's what Google tells me.

Gibraltar is also a tourist spot and has thousands of Spanish people (who Gibraltar have also vaccinated) crossing the border everyday for work so yes just like the UK masks are worn in shops and public transport.

• Advertisement

Huh, and look at that.
    When I made the question completely clear, direct and undeflectable, you dodged it completely.

Why did you do this?
    Do you justify this to yourself by saying it's not dishonest or...?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement