Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Covid-19 measures are permanent, don't be a boiling frog!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

brianhere wrote: »
    And as I said, she is a senior official in SAGE who are the people running the show in the UK in the way that NPHET have become our dictators in Ireland over the past 18 months. She personally even convened the sub group of SAGE called the Scientific Pandemic Influenza Behaviour group.

To install Communism in Ireland, right, because that's what you believe

Covid has been exaggerated in order to get mass compliance to pave the way for global Communism - correct me if I am wrong

robinph wrote: »
    Or how people always leave the house carrying their mobile phone these days, or how some people would always carry an umbrella if it looks like it might rain, or how in days gone by no respectable citizen would leave the house without wearing their hat or having a hanky in their pocket.

So not a restriction, not permanent, not going to be a requirement to carry a mask about your person, and once time passes people will stop bothering and whatever we carry on us leaving the house will change to some other combination of items.

They'll be clinging to every straw for years to come. Some nursing home makes a practical rule that visitors have to wear masks? measures are permanent! Communism!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,232 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

But its a very significant and deliberate statement, she said 'forever', much to the surprise of the interviewer actually and then elaborated on it, talking about how going forward you will leave the house with your keys and your bits and bobs and your mask 'forever'. And as I said, she is a senior official in SAGE who are the people running the show in the UK in the way that NPHET have become our dictators in Ireland over the past 18 months. She personally even convened the sub group of SAGE called the Scientific Pandemic Influenza Behaviour group.
    Ok. So she's let slip the evil plot to make mask permanent forever.

Why do they want to make masks permanent forever? Why not any of the other restrictions?

This has been claimed several times in this thread. But everyone who has done so failed to actually provide a rational argument to back it up.
    So far it's been vague waffling about "control" and "muzzles".

Can you break the cycle and actually provide a rational basis?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,555 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

This is also an interview that Susan Michie has given several times.

Now, the answer is, of course behaviors post pandemic will change, you don't go through 15 months of lockdowns and come out the other end not effected by it, some people will wear masks more often, especially those vulnerable to respiratory diseases, the majority won't, it's good that people who are vulnerable will be confident enough to do this now (and hopefully we won't hear stories about idiots doing stupid things like coughing in their faces etc.).

And experts will say that we should be worried about the next pandemic, and the media will publish their opinions and over time it will fade away to background level and we'll be more worried about meteor strikes and climate change and which royal baby is the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

But its a very significant and deliberate statement, she said 'forever', much to the surprise of the interviewer actually and then elaborated on it, talking about how going forward you will leave the house with your keys and your bits and bobs and your mask 'forever'. And as I said, she is a senior official in SAGE who are the people running the show in the UK in the way that NPHET have become our dictators in Ireland over the past 18 months. She personally even convened the sub group of SAGE called the Scientific Pandemic Influenza Behaviour group.

How are NPHET our dictators?
    They are advisors to the government.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭PintOfView

You say "senior official in SAGE who are the people running the show in the UK"
    What about the British Government, do they have a say in things?

You say "in the way that NPHET have become our dictators in Ireland over the past 18 months"
    Again, what about the Irish Government, are they not the decision makers, with advice from NPHET?

I imagine you don't agree with the advice of NPHET?
    What makes you think your opinion on the virus is more correct than 30 or so individuals
    whose job it is to understand this stuff, and who have as much information as exists at their disposal?

And what makes you think that your opinion is more correct than the people in this
    thread who point out the flaws in your reasoning?

Have you ever considered if your understanding of things might be wrong?

What if the virus is real, and it does have a much higher effect on people than the flu?
    and can overwhelm hospitals, and intensive care depts, etc?
    What do you think is happening in Brazil, for eg., or in India?

And getting back to your very first sentence in this thread
    "All social/population control measures introduced by the state security apparatus as a result of this health scare will be, and have always intended to be, permanent in my view."

Do you still stand over that, and is that still your view?
    Do you think that all measures still look like they'll be permanent?

Also, what is the 'state security apparatus' that you refer to?
    Do you think we have a Stasi type security apparatus that is controlling everyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭eddie73

astrofool wrote: »
    This is also an interview that Susan Michie has given several times.

Now, the answer is, of course behaviors post pandemic will change, you don't go through 15 months of lockdowns and come out the other end not effected by it, some people will wear masks more often, especially those vulnerable to respiratory diseases, the majority won't, it's good that people who are vulnerable will be confident enough to do this now (and hopefully we won't hear stories about idiots doing stupid things like coughing in their faces etc.).

And experts will say that we should be worried about the next pandemic, and the media will publish their opinions and over time it will fade away to background level and we'll be more worried about meteor strikes and climate change and which royal baby is the best.

You will hear stories like this if the media has anything to do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

eddie73 wrote: »
    You will hear stories like this if the media has anything to do with it.

Their job is to report the news. Assault like that is newsworthy. Are you saying they shouldn’t report the news, because I know you’d have a string of complaints about that too?

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭eddie73

Their job is to report the news. Assault like that is newsworthy. Are you saying they shouldn’t report the news, because I know you’d have a string of complaints about that too?

Of course media should report the news.

You omitted "to some extent" which drastically changes the meaning. Eg I imagine firstly that plenty may wear masks in supermarkets etc. Similar in work if sniffles etc. Cause common courtesy and a realisation that in general we can take some pretty minimal steps to keep healthy during seasonal colds etc. So I imagine that will become a lot more normal, similar to states that experienced SARS previously.

On top of that if more serious strains of COVID-19 or anything arise in the future. I imagine emergency mandatory masks might be a thing as a short term measure. But once again common sense.

None of this seems outrageous.

• Advertisement

Cases rising in various hot spots. Again, 100%, conspiracy theorists and associated Covid deniers will play the "told you so" card if/when restrictions are reintroduced due to spikes or cases related to the Delta variant. Of course, these conspiracy theories have never "told" anyone what the plan/conspiracy/whatever is, they just continually modify it to fit whatever is happening in the world. Calling it now (as usual).

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭brianhere

In general, going by the last few comments, it seems the critics on here now accept that these steps will be permanent. The new spin is that yes sure thats the case but of course its supposedly a good thing!

http://www.orwellianireland.com

• Registered Users Posts: 25,486 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

In general, going by the last few comments, it seems the critics on here now accept that these steps will be permanent. The new spin is that yes sure thats the case but of course its supposedly a good thing!

No one has said anything of the sort.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭brianhere

Really?
    Deleted User
    "Eg I imagine firstly that plenty may wear masks in supermarkets etc. Similar in work if sniffles etc. Cause common courtesy and a realisation that in general we can take some pretty minimal steps to keep healthy during seasonal colds etc. So I imagine that will become a lot more normal, similar to states that experienced SARS previously."

astrofool
    "of course behaviors post pandemic will change...some people will wear masks more often, especially those vulnerable to respiratory diseases, the majority won't, it's good that people who are vulnerable will be confident enough to do this now (and hopefully we won't hear stories about idiots doing stupid things like coughing in their faces etc.)...And experts will say that we should be worried about the next pandemic, and the media will publish their opinions..."

robinph
    Agreeing with the SAGE official on social distancing and masks etc:
    "Or how people always leave the house carrying their mobile phone these days, or how some people would always carry an umbrella if it looks like it might rain, or how in days gone by no respectable citizen would leave the house without wearing their hat or having a hanky in their pocket."

Anyway I think that's the spin now. You will indeed be doing all this going forward but now, having denied it was anything other than 'two weeks to flatten the curve', it is all now an alleged good thing.

Btw this will involve repeated vaccines too, you didn't believe them when they said 'all get vaccinated and it goes away' surely? No, now they are hyping the latest variant and saying oops, you need another vaccine already! Its just endless and hopefully everybody can see that now and they cannot keep fooling people forever like this.

Still you never know, they say there is one born every minute!lol

http://www.orwellianireland.com

I'm still lost on what the evil agenda is... So we wear masks? :pac:

Really?
    Deleted User
    "Eg I imagine firstly that plenty may wear masks in supermarkets etc. Similar in work if sniffles etc. Cause common courtesy and a realisation that in general we can take some pretty minimal steps to keep healthy during seasonal colds etc. So I imagine that will become a lot more normal, similar to states that experienced SARS previously."

astrofool
    "of course behaviors post pandemic will change...some people will wear masks more often, especially those vulnerable to respiratory diseases, the majority won't, it's good that people who are vulnerable will be confident enough to do this now (and hopefully we won't hear stories about idiots doing stupid things like coughing in their faces etc.)...And experts will say that we should be worried about the next pandemic, and the media will publish their opinions..."

robinph
    Agreeing with the SAGE official on social distancing and masks etc:
    "Or how people always leave the house carrying their mobile phone these days, or how some people would always carry an umbrella if it looks like it might rain, or how in days gone by no respectable citizen would leave the house without wearing their hat or having a hanky in their pocket."

Anyway I think that's the spin now. You will indeed be doing all this going forward but now, having denied it was anything other than 'two weeks to flatten the curve', it is all now an alleged good thing.

Btw this will involve repeated vaccines too, you didn't believe them when they said 'all get vaccinated and it goes away' surely? No, now they are hyping the latest variant and saying oops, you need another vaccine already! Its just endless and hopefully everybody can see that now and they cannot keep fooling people forever like this.

So you agree, no one "now accepts that these steps will be permanent." As you claimed.

I'm still lost on what the evil agenda is... So we wear masks? :pac:

I’ll wear a Batman mask.

I’ll wear a Batman mask.

Erm... That's my main face mask, not even joking. :D

Erm... That's my main face mask, not even joking. :D

I mean the Adam West version. Cover the top half of my face only. If face masks are to be permanent as brianhere is saying, I might as well get one I like.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭PintOfView

Really?

So what would your strategy have been this past 16 months?
    And do you care to predict where we would be now if we had followed your strategy?
    Do you think less people would have died under your strategy, or the same, or more?

It's easy to LOL when you don't have to take responsibility for anything!

And, as regards vaccines, have you compared the UK's current situation with other countries?
    Why do you think they are well on their way to returning to normal?
    If they didn't vaccinate what do you think their situation would be?

Again, 'theories' are fine as long as you don't have to test them, and suffer the consequences!!
    And they're doubly fine when you can just throw them out there, and not even justify them!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

All social/population control measures introduced by the state security apparatus as a result of this health scare will be, and have always intended to be, permanent in my view.

Just a reminder of your opening statement on the thread. Specific note should be taken of the word "all" and "have always intended to be permanent" bits.

No measures have been brought in permanently, voluntary wearing of masks at some point in the future is not something being controlled by state security apparatus, and you've still failed to explain why any state would be wanting to have the last year and a half of restrictions on their countries economy.

OK. Let's pretend you aren't misrepresening people.

So what's the purpose of making masks permanent?
    Why has it taken over 5000 posts to get an answer for this?

Also, are you claiming that there's no variant to cover and that all governments are just making it up? Or are you claiming that the vaccine should be effective against all variants?

Minister says masks won't be a legal requirement when restrictions ease

https://f7td5.app.goo.gl/ymX1Hk
    There will be no "legal compulsion" to wear face masks once England's coronavirus restrictions are lifted, the environment secretary has told Sky News, as he said he will ditch his face covering when the rule is scrapped.

George Eustice said the government wants "all of the legal requirements to do things to be taken away completely" at step four of its roadmap for lifting COVID-19 measures, which is currently scheduled for 19 July.

"Whether there will still be some people who might choose to wear masks or whether it may be advisory in some settings, that's a separate matter," he said.

Asked if he would continue to wear a face covering beyond that point, the minister replied: "I wouldn't, no. I have to be honest, once I'm told it's safe not to, I want to get back to normal.

So there you have it, No legal requirement to wear masks, if someone is wearing a mask it will be voluntary or because its advised in certain places/scenarios.

I'm sure the scaremongers will be along shortly to make a big deal about the bolded bit though.

So there you have it, No legal requirement to wear masks, if someone is wearing a mask it will be voluntary or because its advised in certain places/scenarios.

I'm sure the scaremongers will be along shortly to make a big deal about the bolded bit though.
    So we've gone from:
    Permanent martial law installed by a nazi commie state that will remove the concept of ownership and implant us with tracking chips.

to:
    Masks might be advised in hospitals and old age homes.

King Mob wrote: »
    So we've gone from:
    Permanent martial law installed by a nazi commie state that will remove the concept of ownership and implant us with tracking chips.

to:
    Masks might be advised in hospitals and old age homes.

And then they wonder why the thread is in the CT Forum :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

What I'm getting from brianhere's post is that he wants mask-wearing to be strictly outlawed after Covid as proof that there's no grand conspiracy. Because if people willingly choose to wear masks sometimes, then the elites have won.

Or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,555 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

I wonder if early homo sapiens believed that lizard people had taken over when their contemporaries started wearing clothes made of animal skins.

https://f7td5.app.goo.gl/ymX1Hk

No decision has been made on masks and other measures, according to the PM's spokesman:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9722275/Jacob-Rees-Mogg-joins-calls-ditch-masks-Freedom-Day.html

"The PM's spokesman struck a markedly different tone when asked if there would be no legal requirement for wearing masks.

'We want to make sure we can get back to normal as soon as it is safe to do so,' he said.

'That is very much our aim but we haven't made any final decisions about post-step four measures and what will and will not be required.'

He added: 'As regards specifically to what measures will or won't be in place when we move to step four, that decision has yet to be taken.'"

Gortanna wrote: »
    No decision has been made on masks and other measures, according to the PM's spokesman:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9722275/Jacob-Rees-Mogg-joins-calls-ditch-masks-Freedom-Day.html

"The PM's spokesman struck a markedly different tone when asked if there would be no legal requirement for wearing masks.

'We want to make sure we can get back to normal as soon as it is safe to do so,' he said.

'That is very much our aim but we haven't made any final decisions about post-step four measures and what will and will not be required.'

He added: 'As regards specifically to what measures will or won't be in place when we move to step four, that decision has yet to be taken.'"

Do you think there's a possibility that masks will be made permanent as a "social/population control measure" as per the original post?

• Advertisement

OK. So why do they want masks to be permanent?

Why do you keep ignoring this very simple question?

To most rational people it looks lie you're ignoring it because you can't answer it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement