Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Covid-19 measures are permanent, don't be a boiling frog!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭buzzerxx

That didn’t answer one question in the post you quoted.

Do you need me to get a chalkboard and a pointing stick for you?
    MY answer is in my post. Same goes to your sidekick Seamus.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,232 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

buzzerxx wrote: »
    Masks are so important to them because they are the visual reminder of the pandemic. We are not seeing excessive death,we are not seeing ambulances everywhere,the funeral homes are not overstretched,there are no mass graves for the dead. All we can see..... is the Mask
    So according to you they plan to make masks permanent to remind us that there's a pandemic?

A pandemic that is being faked for the express purpose of making masks permanent?

Does this make sense to you?
    If so, could you explain why?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

There was no answer to the questions asked. You just want off on a rant about masks being a reminder of the pandemic. Re-read the questions and you’ll see that you didn’t address them. The fact that people are highlighting it to you shows that the sender of the message (you) failed in sending the information you think you sent. It is up to the sender of a message to ensure that receivers understand it. The failure in communication is on your part probably because you think you said something you didn’t actually say.

By the way, I’m not a sidekick type person. I prefer to work solo. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

You didn't address the questions, you just wrote some bizarre personal rationalisation that doesn't make any sense

Why do governments all over the world want people to wear face masks permanently?

Irish TDs wake up in the morning, all they can think of is making Irish people wear face coverings forever, and the reason is..?

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭PuddingBreath

i guess doctor Ciara Kelly on newstalk is a conspiracy nut now too ?
    https://www.msn.com/en-ie/lifestyle/other/ciara-kelly-praised-for-hitting-back-at-nphet-over-antigen-testing/ar-AALb8Ks
    she's also saying young people aren't at risk stastically.
    let the kids at it please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,659 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

i guess doctor Ciara Kelly on newstalk is a conspiracy nut now too ?
    https://www.msn.com/en-ie/lifestyle/other/ciara-kelly-praised-for-hitting-back-at-nphet-over-antigen-testing/ar-AALb8Ks
    she's also saying young people aren't at risk stastically.
    let the kids at it please

This isn't a conspiracy and has nothing to do with permenant restrictions

Dr Ciara Kelly was mentioned as the source for evidence of a further lockdown. Surprisingly, even though all her shows are online, over a month later, and no one can provide a link.

King Mob wrote: »
    So according to you they plan to make masks permanent to remind us that there's a pandemic?

A pandemic that is being faked for the express purpose of making masks permanent?

Does this make sense to you?
    If so, could you explain why?

I didn't say they are going to make masks permanent.

Where did i say that?

seamus wrote: »
    ...and?

Why is the reminder of the pandemic so important?

Once again..... because we are not seeing excessive death,we are not seeing ambulances everywhere,the funeral homes are not overstretched,there are no mass graves for the dead.

Where did i say that?

Did you not read what the thread was about before posting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Once again..... because we are not seeing excessive death,we are not seeing ambulances everywhere,the funeral homes are not overstretched,there are no mass graves for the dead.

That's a reason to continue with masks until everyone is vaccinated.

You seriously think masks are being used to control us? Of all the things the government can actually do control use they chose masks and all the doctors rowed in behind them? This is childishly stupid, get away out of that

Did you not read what the thread was about before posting?

Stop being pedantic and trivial, look at the amount of posts link dumping you and your posse are making with no reference to measures being permanent. I replied to dohnjoe's post about facemasks.

Stop being pedantic and trivial, look at the amount of posts link dumping you and your posse are making with no reference to measures being permanent. I replied to dohnjoe's post about facemasks.

Yes, conspiracy theorists prefer to be vague than to deal with detail ;)

Right, but you didn't address the questions, instead you created a narrative that we are wearing masks for a "visual reminder".

Where did i say that?
    Ok. So what point were you trying to make? Why bring up the idea of masks being "a reminder"?

Why do you believe the government needs to remind people about the pandemic?

What measures, if any do you believe are going to be permanent?

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭SoapMcTavish

Time to close this thread I think. Obviously inaccurate and just vexatious.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Time to close this thread I think. Obviously inaccurate and just vexatious.

and still no indication of what's permanent

Don't be a boiling frog.
    So they're saying that the "delta variant"
    is a covid variant that affects young
    people aged 12-20
    How convenient is that?
    They want to jab the 12-20 year olds in
    September and here comes along a "new
    variant" out of nowhere that affects that
    age group lol
    It's not nice to insult people's intelligence
    but f**k... if you believe that then there's
    no hope.
    The propaganda is permanent.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Don't be a boiling frog.
    people aged 12-20
    How convenient is that?
    age group lol
    no hope.

Nope, it doesn't affect younger people more. It's just that in the UK it is mostly younger people who have not yet been vaccinated. That is why they are trying to get more younger people vaccinated ASAP.

Or are you claiming that there is no Delta variant?

Don't be a boiling frog.
    people aged 12-20
    How convenient is that?

Most young people aren't vaccinated, and with the lifting of restrictions, it's spreading faster among them

Who is it convenient for? it's a headache for everyone and means things will open up slower
    age group lol
    no hope.

The Delta variant is not real?
    In the UK, the youth positivity rate is 5 times higher than seniors, that isn't true?

If this is all "propaganda", then what's really going on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭eddie73

Don't be a boiling frog.
    people aged 12-20
    How convenient is that?
    age group lol
    no hope.

The dilemma here is whether to vaccinate the young or risk the long term effects of covid on them.

eddie73 wrote: »
    The dilemma here is whether to vaccinate the young or risk the long term effects of covid on them.

Do you agree that it's all propaganda and orchestrated like the poster is suggesting?

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭eddie73

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Do you agree that it's all propaganda and orchestrated like the poster is suggesting?

No I don't believe it is propaganda, do you?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,486 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Don't be a boiling frog.
    people aged 12-20
    How convenient is that?
    age group lol
    no hope.

You really don't understand how covid and vaccines work do you?

Do you know why lots of younger people are getting infected now?

Do you know why there is a new variation of covid?

Sorry, is there a reason you're avoiding the questions you're being asked?

Why do you believe in this conspiracy if you have to avoid questions about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭PintOfView

Don't be a boiling frog.
    people aged 12-20
    How convenient is that?
    age group lol

no hope.

If you're convinced beforehand that it's all a conspiracy
    then your brain will simply look for confirmation, and
    you'll not be open to other possibilities, including the real reasons.

Have you considered any other reason why Covid might be
    displaying higher case numbers among younger people?

As others have said, what about the fact that
    large percentages of older age groups are vaccinated?
    Could that affect the pattern of infection?

When you say "The propaganda is permanent"
    are you sure you're not the one who has swallowed the propaganda?

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Stop dodging. This is the crux of your entire argument.

Why do governments all over the world want people to wear face masks permanently?

Irish TDs wake up in the morning, all they can think of is making Irish people wear face coverings forever, and the reason is..?

To create a 'safety at all costs and above all else' society. Hence talk of permanent mask wearing in the UK (Professor Susan Michie, Professor John Edmunds) and signs in supermarkets and shops saying 'please touch only that which you intend to buy' and 'please leave cash on counter, no touching' (or something like that). They're not going to go away.

Here are the consequences of over a year of 'stay safe' messaging:

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/irish-times-poll-public-split-on-pace-of-lifting-covid-19-restrictions-1.4596630

"A large majority also want some precautions – such as the wearing of masks in shops – to remain even after most people are vaccinated against Covid-19."

It's not governments all over the world. This thread is specifically about measures in Ireland. I don't know why posters refer to other countries. It's unrealistic to believe that masks will no longer be mandatory in Ireland. They are popular. And there's no opposition, so they're be no pressure put on the government to scrap them. The two measures I see being permanent in Ireland are masks and (some form of) social distancing.

To create a 'safety at all costs and above all else' society. Hence talk of permanent mask wearing in the UK (Professor Susan Michie, Professor John Edmunds) and signs in supermarkets and shops saying 'please touch only that which you intend to buy' and 'please leave cash on counter, no touching' (or something like that). They're not going to go away.

Here are the consequences of over a year of 'stay safe' messaging:

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/irish-times-poll-public-split-on-pace-of-lifting-covid-19-restrictions-1.4596630

"A large majority also want some precautions – such as the wearing of masks in shops – to remain even after most people are vaccinated against Covid-19."

It's not governments all over the world. This thread is specifically about measures in Ireland. I don't know why posters refer to other countries. It's unrealistic to believe that masks will no longer be mandatory in Ireland. They are popular. And there's no opposition, so they're be no pressure put on the government to scrap them. The two measures I see being permanent in Ireland are masks and (some form of) social distancing.

Ironic that you say its a thread about Ireland and "don't know why posters refer to other countries"
    Right after you have referenced another country :pac:

FWIW I live in the UK and have never seen any of these signs.

Ironic that you say its a thread about Ireland and "don't know why posters refer to other countries"
    Right after you have referenced another country :pac:

FWIW I live in the UK and have never seen any of these signs.

Fair point, but because Ireland and the UK are neighbours I tend to put them together. But I do think there's more of a chance that those measures will be scrapped in the UK than in Ireland. At least there's opposition in the UK. But if they're not scrapped next month then I don't see how they'd ever be scrapped.

I was in Scotland recently and saw a sign in the toilet which said 'Here's how we're keeping you safe in the toilet'. I've seen plenty of signs saying 'no touching', 'no cash' etc. But if people like living in a society with signs like that then that's okay. The majority rules.

• Advertisement

Fair point, but because Ireland and the UK are neighbours I tend to put them together. But I do think there's more of a chance that those measures will be scrapped in the UK than in the Ireland. At least there's opposition in the UK. But if they're not scrapped next month then I don't see how they'd ever be scrapped.

I was in Scotland recently and saw a sign in the toilet which said 'Here's how we're keeping you safe in the toilet'. I've seen plenty of signs saying 'no touching', 'no cash' etc. But if people like living in a society with signs like that then that's okay. The majority rules.

I've lived in a society that has do not walk on the grass, please queue here, keep left etc on signs all my life, they really haven't affected me.in the slightest. How have these signs affected you?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement