Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Covid-19 measures are permanent, don't be a boiling frog!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,555 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

EddieN75 wrote: »
    What about this one?

And each one of those people on the plane will go into a 2 week quarantine whenever they arrive where they arrive.

Those people queuing who do not get on the plane will not quarantine as they will not have been in close contact with multiple people due to observing social distancing while queuing.

It takes a special kind of stupid to not understand that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

astrofool wrote: »
    And each one of those people on the plane will go into a 2 week quarantine whenever they arrive where they arrive.

Those people queuing who do not get on the plane will not quarantine as they will not have been in close contact with multiple people due to observing social distancing while queuing.

To get on the plane they have all been PCR negative tested..which will be one of the requirements for the EU green cert..

Once this green cert is actually operable the EU won't tolerate our hotel jail but I suspect the same behaviours will stay in place..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭EddieN75

Why are they queuing with their bags if they aren't getting on the plane?
    Special kind of stupid indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 25,232 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Lol Stellar counter argument there.

So what's the point you're trying to make?
    What's the point you were trying to make with the previous silly picture you posted?

King Mob wrote: »
    Lol Stellar counter argument there.

So what's the point you're trying to make?
    What's the point you were trying to make with the previous silly picture you posted?

Why socially distance queue with your bag if you are going to be squashed into an airplane together.

Is it not pointless.

• Advertisement

Why socially distance queue with your bag if you are going to be squashed into an airplane together.

Is it not pointless.

This was explained to it. You ignored it.

Just like you ignored the questions in my previous post.
    Please address them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

How is it stupid? sitting close together on the plane is unavoidable. An infected person could spread it to those next to them on the plane.

However that person is less likely to spread it to additional people when standing in the queue, why? because they are distanced from those other people

Imagine being the idiot who caught SARS-COV2 because they ended up not traveling but didn't follow social distancing while queuing for check-in.

But it is fascinating that you didn't logically think this through and tried to let a meme do the thinking for you. is this a trend, or a one off? Is it because it follows an agenda you're trying to push or did you genuinely look at that image and believe it's message? It also begs to question how easily manipulated you are if an image like that sways your beliefs.

Imagine being the idiot who caught SARS-COV2 because they ended up not traveling but didn't follow social distancing while queuing for check-in.

But it is fascinating that you didn't logically think this through and tried to let a meme do the thinking for you. is this a trend, or a one off? Is it because it follows an agenda you're trying to push or did you genuinely look at that image and believe it's message? It also begs to question how easily manipulated you are if an image like that sways your beliefs.

What about this image then

Lol Ben Garrison.
    He's no David Dees, but equally as nuts.

Do you have any opinions on these images you're dumping?
    Any answers to the points raised?

Are you just going to keep reporting twitter crap and ignore any conflicting opinions or scary critical thoughts?

• Advertisement

Oh jesus christ, please tell me you aren't serious..

Well, that image answers 2 of the questions.

Were you always this pliable to being manipulated?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,486 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

If that image scares you then maybe don't move to the US?

If that image scares you then maybe don't move to the US?

Maybe they were just curious about a cartoon from a racist, anti-Semitic, anti-vaxx conspiracy theorist

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I was hoping we'd have been told what some of the million words were that the picture of people on a train was conveying by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Does Ben Garrison label everything in his cartoons because he thinks his target audience is stupid and won't be able to figure them out otherwise?

This is a rhetorical question. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Another nugget. Oh and apparently the vaccine is altering peoples DNA. All for a virus with a 99.99% recovery rate.

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    Another nugget. Oh and apparently the vaccine is altering peoples DNA. All for a virus with a 99.99% recovery rate.

I was wondering when they'd get around to Elon Musk being the new boogeyman

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    I was wondering when they'd get around to Elon Musk being the new boogeyman

Yeah it's a flip up between him and bill gates. Seems to change with the weather. Which I'm sure either is manipulating with their nefarious technology. Anyway onto more positive news.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-face-mask-rule-for-high-school-students-may-be-lifted-within-weeks-12298954

• Registered Users Posts: 3,934 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

It’s amazing that the people who laugh at sheeple believe any amalgamation of text and images.

• Advertisement

Does Ben Garrison label everything in his cartoons because he thinks his target audience is stupid and won't be able to figure them out otherwise?
    Sometimes it's helpful cause some of his pictures are a bit indecipherable.

It’s amazing that the people who laugh at sheeple believe any amalgamation of text and images.

I'm convinced they're created at sites like this as a joke and kind of take off in the tinfoil hat community.

https://imgflip.com/memegenerator/90258762/conspiracy-theory

Those who believe in conspiracy theories will believe anything unfiltered and unchallenged.

Those who believe in conspiracy theories will believe anything unfiltered and unchallenged.

Yet will unironically lecture others that they are "sheeple"

Will aggressively state that their psuedo-science is the truth, but that actual science is a lie

Will require zero evidence to believe some whacky conspiracy theory, yet all the evidence in the world won't convince them of the substantiated facts

Will entertain and validate multiple contradictory conspiracies, never daring to question any of them, but constantly rail on about "questioning everything"

I could go on and on

It's one ****ed up hobby

Yes the common thread seems to be that we (the sheeple) are frightened and that "they" are keeping us under control. Whereas i find the opposite is more apparent- the typical tin foil hat Facebook page is updated so often with pseudo science and literally exudes anxiety. The tin foil hatter "truth seekers" with an audience and decent social media profile seem to thrive on their status as purveyors of "the truth" and keep their followers well fed on endless lines of ****e.

Yes the common thread seems to be that we (the sheeple) are frightened and that "they" are keeping us under control. Whereas i find the opposite is more apparent- the typical tin foil hat Facebook page is updated so often with pseudo science and literally exudes anxiety. The tin foil hatter "truth seekers" with an audience and decent social media profile seem to thrive on their status as purveyors of "the truth" and keep their followers well fed on endless lines of ****e.

How do you explain this then?
    Coincidence?

How do you explain this then?
    Coincidence?

Nothing to explain because it looks nothing like a vaccine. It looks like a syringe/needle..... many things are injected.

But hey, keep posting idiotic memes, no one has to debunk these silly conspiracies anymore, you're doing that all by yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Hego Damask

MayoSalmon wrote: »
    To get on the plane they have all been PCR negative tested..which will be one of the requirements for the EU green cert..

Once this green cert is actually operable the EU won't tolerate our hotel jail but I suspect the same behaviours will stay in place..

Wait if you're vaccinated surely you won't need this rip off PCR ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

One for the road then.

Anyone can create a meme to say anything at all. What are you trying to say with the memes?

Anyone can create a meme to say anything at all. What are you trying to say with the memes?

I just like the pictures and am amazed at some of the things some people believe. I have found though that if you post them here you tend to get abuse. Meh il live

• Advertisement

I just like the pictures and am amazed at some of the things some people believe. I have found though that if you post them here you tend to get abuse. Meh il live

Ah stop, no one has "abused" you ffs :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement