Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Covid-19 measures are permanent, don't be a boiling frog!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

King Mob wrote: »
    But that's not an answer. It's a vague soundbite that you think sounds profound and dramatic.
    When you and your fellow conspiracy theorists are asked to explain or detail how or why or when this control will be installed, you run away and start ignoring points and questions.

You tell us.
    What's the conspiracy answer?

Don't link to some other crank on twitter. Just explain in your own words the conclusion your own research has lead you to.

Gortanna keeps referring back to the OP but refused to answer questions on it. They will block you if you ask :pac: There is zero evidence to back it up, and they have no interest in trying to back it up. Deflection, random crank tweets, etc is all you’ll get. Unfortunately it stifles discussion.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Expect new theories based around Bill and Melinda getting divorced incoming in five... Four... Three...

robinph wrote: »
    Expect new theories based around Bill and Melinda getting divorced incoming in five... Four... Three...

I was thinking that when the news broke last night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,486 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

robinph wrote: »

Same here, as soon as the "news" broke I wondered how the boards/FB conspiracy theorists would spin it.

My guess is something along the lines of
    "Melinda either found out about Bills nefarious plans to take over the world and wants nothing to do with him"

Or

"Bill wasn't injecting/infecting/killing enough people fast enough so she wants out"

Or

"As OWO laughingly claimed the other day, thousands are going to be arrested/detained for (insert reason here) and they have divorced so they can split the money and she stays outta prison"

It's gonna be entertaining either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

I was thinking that when the news broke last night :D

Yeah the tin foil hat machine is in overdrive on social media:D. Apparently 27 (the number of years they're married) is a special number and we're to find out soon its significance. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    Yeah the tin foil hat machine is in overdrive on social media:D. Apparently 27 (the number of years they're married) is a special number and we're to find out soon its significance. :rolleyes:

They are taking their time here. Maybe they are trying to formulate a coherent conspiracy theory for once. That will take them weeks, months, or never!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭chewed

TSm2pN7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,659 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭EddieN75

• Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

EddieN75 wrote: »

Not sure what this dump and run is supposed to be?

Out of curiousity I had a look at that Twitter - yup full on anti-vaxx, right-wing, "people are being replaced by other people" wingnut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,232 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Does it though?
    Cause you might have to spell this one out to me.

It can't be that the author is suggesting that smart people who read real books aren't wearing masks, while dummies who use their phones are the only ones to do.
    Cause that would be really ridiculous on a couple of levels.

Firstly, as we can see in this thread, the anti-mask/anti-vaxx/covid denier crowd are the ones constantly linking to twitter and youtube cranks, not books.
    Secondly, the vast majority of "book learnin" tells us that masks are effective.

Thirdly, assuming that this photo is real, it doesn't tell us all that much. How do we know what either person is reading? Perhaps the lady is reading a medical science ebook on her phone? Perhaps she's talking to her fellow doctors via messenger? Perhaps the hat guy is reading Mein Kampf.

And fourthly, I love this trope of people having an artsy moan about people having their heads stuck in phones all day, then sharing that artsy moan on Twitter. It's very hypocritical.

So what is the message of this picture according to yourself? Cause it can't be the first thing...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

"A pictures speak a million words"

Some pictures do yes, but not that "pictures", and certainly not the words that you think it does.

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Not sure what this dump and run is supposed to be?

Out of curiousity I had a look at that Twitter - yup full on anti-vaxx, right-wing, "people are being replaced by other people" wingnut
    Lol. My fav is the "Vaccines make magnets stick to you, therefore there's a microchip" one.
    He also seems a bit obsessed with the shape of Melinda Gates' throat for some reason...

Ah stop. Just came back from a mates FB page whos a tin foil hatter. Latest story on his page is andrenochrome harvesting. Pictures of recent seemingly packed "freedom" rallies were in fact brexit protests from 2018. A quick Google image search confirmed. Rest of page is full of paranoia,"them" and links fo false information and pseudo science. All information easily debunked and even ridiculed but hey these people are so far down the rabbit hole they're struggling tell fact from fiction at this stage. Buy hey they're woke and do their research which is important

Good to see some old fashioned stuff like 5G and chemtrails as well. Daily pictures of planes flying over. Apparently "they've" being spraying us pretty hard these past few days - explains the unseasonably cold weather which is to stop us growing our own food and relying on bill gates artificial meat.

Is this where we post conspiracy theories and all things related or where people come to give out about conspiracy theories and all things related?

Is this where we post conspiracy theories and all things related or where people come to give out about conspiracy theories and all things related?

I'm a paid government shill :)

I'm a paid government shill :)

Do you get pension and overtime?

If so I want in please. I'm not much of a worker but do have the ability to look busy while doing nothing.

In theory: people come here to discuss conspiracies

Reality: they don't like the discussion part

In theory: people come here to discuss conspiracies

Reality: they don't like the discussion part

Is this a conspiracy theory?
    Did ABBA know in advance?

https://twitter.com/skel04/status/1390345750161281025?s=20

Or is it just annoying

Or is it just annoying

Nowhere near as annoying as anti-vaccine disinfo and woo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,934 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

Or is it just annoying

It's an SOS

Nowhere near as annoying as anti-vaccine disinfo and woo

Get the jab.

Or else Santa won't come

Get the jab.

Or else Santa won't come

Exactly, it produces protection against the virus and can even reduce transmission, which is great for people in the risk category, like Santa

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 415 ✭✭johnmck

King Mob wrote: »
    Does it though?
    Cause you might have to spell this one out to me.

It can't be that the author is suggesting that smart people who read real books aren't wearing masks, while dummies who use their phones are the only ones to do.
    Cause that would be really ridiculous on a couple of levels.

Firstly, as we can see in this thread, the anti-mask/anti-vaxx/covid denier crowd are the ones constantly linking to twitter and youtube cranks, not books.
    Secondly, the vast majority of "book learnin" tells us that masks are effective.

Thirdly, assuming that this photo is real, it doesn't tell us all that much. How do we know what either person is reading? Perhaps the lady is reading a medical science ebook on her phone? Perhaps she's talking to her fellow doctors via messenger? Perhaps the hat guy is reading Mein Kampf.

And fourthly, I love this trope of people having an artsy moan about people having their heads stuck in phones all day, then sharing that artsy moan on Twitter. It's very hypocritical.

So what is the message of this picture according to yourself? Cause it can't be the first thing...

Study done by University of Copenhagen that finished in December 2020 that's actually states masks are not that effective. Go have a read of it

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭PintOfView

johnmck wrote: »
    Study done by University of Copenhagen that finished in December 2020 that's actually states masks are not that effective. Go have a read of it

Have you read it yourself?

Here is what Reuters summarise it as (Nov 2020)
    "COPENHAGEN (Reuters) - A Danish study released on Wednesday found face masks
    provide the wearer with only limited protection against COVID-19 infection,
    but said this should not be used to argue against their widespread use to prevent people infecting others."

This is not news!
    It's common knowledge that the main purpose of basic masks
    is to reduce transmission to others from an infected person,
    but provide limited protection to the wearer

Did you not know this?

johnmck wrote: »
    Cool.
    As pint points out, you're misrepresenting it.
    I think this is because you only saw some conspiracy monger tweet about it. You didn't actually read the paper.
    Is this the case?

Hard to believe people are still putting this ****e on FB over 14 months later. Courtesy of my tinfoil hat mate.

Hard to believe people are still putting this ****e on FB over 14 months later. Courtesy of my tinfoil hat mate.

Even if it were the case that the virus was flying around independently, that picture shows that it's only got a 50% chance of making it through. Seems like a good result to me for the effectiveness of the mask. :)

What about this one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

What about this one?

What do you think its about?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement