Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To Mask or not to two - Mask Megathread cont.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Graham wrote: »
    Not this old chestnut again.

If somebody has a heart condition and they're hit with a car and killed would you be suggesting that was down to the heart condition too?

Underlying condition does not equate with imminent death.

i wouldnt expect someone who was hit by a car and killed, to have COVID-19 recorded as cause of death

circadian wrote: »
    When health systems are operating within capacity, yes. Overrun systems would experience a higher chance of death.

I still don't get your point though, I doubt I ever will.

whats 1.5m deaths from a population of 8bn in percentage terms?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Sconsey

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    i wouldnt expect someone who was hit by a car and killed, to have COVID-19 recorded as cause of death

Would you expect someone with athsma that was hit by a car to be classified as an athsma death? because that is what your 'killed with Covid' sounds like. They had an underlying condition, blame that, not the obvious car that just ran them down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Sconsey

whats 1.5m deaths from a population of 8bn in percentage terms?

You claim to be doing all sorts of scientific measurements but you can't do basic maths :confused:

I think you will have to do that callous calculation yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,981 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

1.5million people died with COVID-19, not from COVID-19
    how many of those cases were from people with underlying conditions?
    death certs were issued many times over with COVID-19 being the cause of death even on clinical balances of probabilities, without testing

Tried to discredit masks with claims about carbon dioxide - failed.
    Tried to discredit case count with claims about PCR tests - failed.
    Now it'll be a failed attempt at "with covid" rather than "from covid", as if people with underlying conditions are all about to drop dead and their lives are of no value.

I think the true colours are being shown for the opposition to masks starts to emerge, the above guff was just a smokescreen.

Translation: I don't care about 1.5 million deaths as long as I don't have to wear a mask.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Caraibh

robinph wrote: »
    Define this new normal and how masks make it happen?

Then you can explain why nobody at any level of government or civil service worldwide, who would need to be in on this plan for it to happen, has come out to expose this conspiracy?

The new normal is the world we find ourselves currently living in with restrictions on every single aspect of our lives. Masks and social distancing are fundamental to it.

Can you provide evidence that (suggests) masks will eventually be got rid of? I've asked several times for the evidence, but have yet to see any.

I still don't know what the conspiracy is. WEF produced a video recently about life in 2025. The characters in the video were wearing masks. WEF has stated that, as part of the Great Reset, all aspects of our societies have to to be revamped. I could see permanent masks being one aspect of such a revamp. It's just an opinion. I don't know why it seems to anger posters. I'll be delighted if I'm wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Thats me

Caraibh wrote: »
    The new normal is the world we find ourselves currently living in with restrictions on every single aspect of our lives. Masks and social distancing are fundamental to it.

This is not specific for Covid or mask. All your life you are living with restrictions.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Can you provide evidence that (suggests) masks will eventually be got rid of? I've asked several times for the evidence, but have yet to see any.

How about your example of Taiwan? They had mask restrictions, then they didn't until 2 days ago. Now they have cases back again so have brought the requirement for masks back again.

What about that makes you think its permanent? They are going a very strange way of doing these permanent restrictions in a non permanent way.

If masks are so needed, can the advocates of masks on here explain how we got cases to single digits in the summer with similar restrictions and no masks?

Why now since masks were introduced in August have cases gone up exponential not just here but all over Europe?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

If masks are so needed, can the advocates of masks on here explain how we got cases to single digits in the summer with similar restrictions and no masks?

Why now since masks were introduced in August have cases gone up exponential not just here but all over Europe?

Hmm, let me have a think about that.

Nope, no idea. The only explanation must be that people wearing masks and standing 2m apart is causing the spread of the virus during the winter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

And there we go again...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Yet bizarrely you expect someone who dies of Covid-19 to have cause of death recorded as something else.

Bizarro logic.

Graham wrote: »
    Yet bizarrely you expect someone who dies of Covid-19 to have cause of death recorded as something else.

Bizarro logic.

sad thing is, both situations have happened, yet the recording of a death for COVID-19 from a car accident is more bizarre

Because muppets who don't see the seriousness of Covid are not taking basic precautions.

Result, more drastic measures required.

Not for the first time your post makes no sense

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Thats me

Restrictions on every aspect of our lives? We've gone 180 from being allowed to do whatever we want unless prohibited by law to not being able to do anything unless permitted by law.
    1. You were never allowed to do whatever you want if this can cause harm to others, even it is not prohibited by law.
    2. There is a law.

Imagine watching that film Contagion 7yrs ago and thinking, bizarre mad science fiction stuff, that could never happen.

Imagine thinking last year the whole world would go into lockdown and people would be controlled to the point that you were told what to do, where to go and when you could do it

And, even worse, the vast majority of people supporting the destruction of our civilisation.

Why are the characters in the video the WEF produced about the world of work in 2025 wearing masks? I explained how forcing people to wear them controls people. It prohibits people who don't wish to wear them from doing almost anything. Can't go to the shop, to a restaurant, go on public transport, go to the doctor etc.

I'll post a link to the video as soon as I'm able to.

So what is the purpose of stopping people from accessing services because of lack of wearing a mask? Outside of coronavirus pandemic situations why would that be an aim of any government or the World Economic Forum? Why are governments wanting to control their population through the use of a face masks, what is their end game?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,945 ✭✭✭pgj2015

I see the new thing now is walking into a shop with the mask in your hand. idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,611 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

It prohibits people who don't wish to wear them from doing almost anything. Can't go to the shop, to a restaurant, go on public transport, go to the doctor etc.

They must be a next level snowflakes if they can't throw on a face covering for 5 minutes to go into a shop.

Fortunately these selfish cretins are in the extreme small minority, the vast majority of them play the edgelord online but in reality they don the face covering because they are not clinical morons.

Above all else they are probably one of the worse things you can be at this stage, boring.

• Advertisement

Shops, all public transport, hospitals, all public buildings. Basically everywhere.

We are in the minority and the result of the majority going along with all of this is 20% unemployment and 40% youth unemployment. Not to mention the bankruptcies that will happen next year.

Sorry are you blaming people who wear masks for 20% employment? :confused:

So now we are wearing masks because facial recognition software works better from 2m away and Trump is trying to save us from digital Euros being used, and this is all being carried out by a international group that discusses the world's economy.

So where does the bit about surgeons collapsing from CO2 poisoning in operating theatres fit in and was this all part of the plan since when they installed the air systems in hospitals?

Nope, nothing out of the ordinary here, all perfectly sensible theories.

Lads, please get help.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

I have just deleted 35 posts of utter off topic drivel.

Folks this thread is for mask discussion, for or against. Take your theories about it being a global conspiracy to the appropriately named

Conspiracy Theory Forum

Further off topic posts will see threadbans handed out

Necro wrote: »
    Mod:

I have just deleted 35 posts of utter off topic drivel.

Folks this thread is for mask discussion, for or against. Take your theories about it being a global conspiracy to the appropriately named

Conspiracy Theory Forum

Further off topic posts will see threadbans handed out

Could I get a thread ban, please? Thank you.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

No problem, threadbanned at your own request

Do not post in this thread again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

I'm sorry for off topic, but...this one killed me altogether :D

robinph wrote: »
    So now we are wearing masks because facial recognition software works better from 2m away and Trump is trying to save us from digital Euros being used, and this is all being carried out by a international group that discusses the world's economy.

So where does the bit about surgeons collapsing from CO2 poisoning in operating theatres fit in and was this all part of the plan since when they installed the air systems in hospitals?

Nope, nothing out of the ordinary here, all perfectly sensible theories.

Lads, please get help.

Trump isn’t too bothered about digital EUR

Why do you think he pulled funding from the WHO?

Why did the WHO have a global pandemic exercise in October 2019 just before COVID ? Read up on EVENT 201

As klopp said we will turn doubters into believers

Güten nacht

Why did the WHO have a global pandemic exercise in October 2019 just before COVID ? Read up on EVENT 201

Güten nacht

Mod:

Don't post in this thread again

• Registered Users Posts: 10,692 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Güten nacht

Because they probably do this the whole time it was as they are the world health organisation. Do you know that loads of countries and organisation do risk all the time I mean America had one for a pandemic before it was disbanded by Trump. Is good preparation too bad we did not have one

Sorry Mods if this was off topic also did not see he was banned

• Advertisement

Didn't know you could request a thread ban, that's a new one.

Why not, just not post. :confused:

Calls in the states to upgrade all wearing of masks to medical grade ones like in Asian countries.

Personally think it is a good idea, with many benefits, a few negatives too.

Advertisement