Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To Mask or not to two - Mask Megathread cont.

Options
1283284285286287289»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

I don't recall asking you for sympathy, and i don't understand the need for the multiple paragraphs of spiel either. If someone wants to wear a facemask then that quite frankly is neither yours or anyone else's business for that matter. That applies in reverse as well of course.

I just feel more comfortable wearing one in public, and i don't think there's any need to apologise for that either. Wear one if you want, and don't wear one if that's you prefer as well. It's a relatively simple enough concept i think! You speak about moving on and leaving the past behind us, but covid is still around and it's better to avoid catching it if possible imo.

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭railer201

On the 6 One News - an invitation to wear masks in light of present surge in Winter Flu, RSV, and Covid. I'm sort of surprised more people aren't wearing them at the moment in potentially crowded areas, such as supermarkets, public transport etc.. Our fear of not 'fitting in' appears to outweigh our fear of being ill. Better safe than sorry though ! Or do we think Covid has gone away when it clearly hasn't plus the flus and RSVs ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭fun loving criminal

I love the way how they tried to lump COVID in with the flu and RSV. Zero reporting on what COVID actually is. The German health minister a few weeks ago has said that it's not a cold, it causes brain inflammation and causes damage to the vascular system, it can cause autoimmune conditions as well.

I guess we will get around to it when the UK does.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,271 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Or maybe people simply don't want to wear masks.

Or maybe people aren't being told the truth about covid. At the moment, most people think it's like a cold or flu and it's nothing to worry about. Not a virus that damages the immune system. The repeated nonsense that mild symptoms from covid means a mild case of Covid is the greatest delusion of the pandemic. Covid is a level 3 pathogen which wrecks bodily systems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Most people must include health professionals too. I’ve been in St Vincent’s every other day for the past two weeks and very few people/staff are wearing masks.

Ive no strong opinion at this point either way but it’s just an observation.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,271 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

A level 3 pathogen? Jesus Christ. Why wasn't I told about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,676 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

And, influena (real influenza, not just a bad cold) is what, exactly?

The flu also serious but completely different to covid. With a flu infection the white blood cells recover after the flu infection. It doesn't with covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,407 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Imagine the whole world going on about like normal and in reality we're all doomed. Blimey. We're lucky really to have you to tell us about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,666 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Nope, it's because most people realised that these things are really only a credible risk to certain demographics - the elderly and/or the already infirm or medically compromised - who should already be taking whatever precautions they feel appropriate regardless of news headlines.

Everyone else though is and always was at little to no risk of serious illness (assuming they even noticed they had it at all) and after 2 years of hysteria, most people have gladly left that behind - especially in the face of far more pressing issues in their lives.

Your post sounds like something from 2 years ago so I'll say the same thing I said then - if you feel at risk then please do wear your mask or do whatever else you feel appropriate to keep safe if that's what you want to do or are medically advised to by your doctor and stop worrying or bothering about what others are doing. No one will comment on your choice and you can get on with your day as needed.

(and for the small group of others here still pushing the narrative.. Don't bother replying to this. I won't be engaging. Feel free to add me to your ignore list as I also suggested in the past).

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭railer201

The context of my post was the post Christmas surge in, not just Covid, but RSV's and Flu also. The RTE news report of two months ago, included the suggestion of mask wearing, which to some of us at least is just plain common sense. Posters like yourself would do well to ask why, four years ago, the American CDC, the European CDC, the UK NHS and our own HSE recommended to their respective populations to wear masks, and indeed provided instructions on how to make them.

The point of my post was merely to enquire whether people who otherwise might be inclined to don a mask, whilst in close quarters with others, shopping, commuting etc, would now feel uncomfortable because of the new norm of not wearing masks by almost every age group ?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,666 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I doubt it.. I still see the occasional mask wearer when out and about. Doesn't bother me at all. Leave them do whatever they feel comfortable with (as it should have been all along really)

Although I must point out that non-mask wearing isn't the new norm.. it's just the (return to) norm.

Either way, people should do what they feel best.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭mikeybhoy

Saw a picture on X of Palestinian protestors in Dublin all wearing covid masks at first I assumed it was an old picture from covid but then I saw the date and realised it was yesterday. Seriously why would they be wearing masks it's 2024 lads although to be fair I was a Palestinian protestor I wouldn't want to seen there either 🤣🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭gym_imposter

It's an indicator of decency amongst the # be kind crew

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭ultrapercy

What is the connection between virus hysteria and Genocide?

Advertisement