Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Chocolates, Sweets and Food

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Loughc wrote: »
    I picked this up in Tesco today. 360g of mint crispy goodness.

cSgux1D.jpg

Mmmmmm

Didn't see those bit picked up a pack of these - orange chocolate fingers!!!

https://m.tesco.ie/mt/www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=306927207

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

cSgux1D.jpg

Love it I'll have to pick one up when I'm in Tesco next. Always hated how Dairy milk only had the mint crisp in the small bars and not the big ones. Same goes for Golden Crisp

• Registered Users Posts: 10,085 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

kopite386 wrote: »
    Love it I'll have to pick one up when I'm in Tesco next. Always hated how Dairy milk only had the mint crisp in the small bars and not the big ones. Same goes for Golden Crisp

You can get big golden crisp, it's just called Dairy Milk with Crunchie.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Lidl had large tubes of Fruit Pastilles when I was there today. I bought one and emptied it. However, I've just noticed that it has snowflakes and snow printed on it so I can now safely say I've had my first Christmas sweets for this year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Heroditas wrote: »
    Lidl had large tubes of Fruit Pastilles when I was there today. I bought one and emptied it. However, I've just noticed that it has snowflakes and snow printed on it so I can now safely say I've had my first Christmas sweets for this year :D

Myself and my OH love these I always pick them up for his stocking, you would eat the whole thing can't stop :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Found this in a local shop: a mini stollen with spelt flour.
    Haven't tried it yet, planning to have a slice for breakfast one of the coming days

Kiebitzhof-BioDinkelstollen-6x250g-1.jpg

Wow, that must be like After Eight in a bar !

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

otnomart wrote: »
    Wow, that must be like After Eight in a bar !

Essentially but with milk chocolate instead of dark.

This is my latest find.
    I have always liked chocolates with a liqueur filling.
    I have now found Swiss chocolate bars with a liqueur filling.
    So far, have tasted dark with Cognac, and milk with Cointreau.
    Yum !

front_cognac_noir.jpg

130089_cointreau_sc_100g.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭tscul32

This is my latest find.
    I have always liked chocolates with a liqueur filling.
    I have now found Swiss chocolate bars with a liqueur filling.
    So far, have tasted dark with Cognac, and milk with Cointreau.
    Yum !

front_cognac_noir.jpg

130089_cointreau_sc_100g.jpg

Oooh, can i ask where you got these. My kind of chocolate.

• Advertisement

tscul32 wrote: »
    Oooh, can i ask where you got these. My kind of chocolate.
    I live in Continental Europe and found them in a local shop.
    The brand does have an online store (don't know about shipping though !), it is: https://shop.chezcamillebloch.ch/ch_en/

When I lived in Ireland, I used to get all kinds of special chocolate (and other nice goodies) in Fallon & Byrne in Dublin.

I live in Continental Europe and found them in a local shop.
    The brand does have an online store (don't know about shipping though !), it is: https://shop.chezcamillebloch.ch/ch_en/

When I lived in Ireland, I used to get all kinds of special chocolate (and other nice goodies) in Fallon & Byrne in Dublin.

Ok, thanks. I used to love F&B when I worked very near it, but that's a few years ago now. Even the OH is working from home these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

cSgux1D.jpg

Was in Dunnes earlier and looked for this but they didnt have it. Only saw the gingerbread version

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

messrs wrote: »
    Was in Dunnes earlier and looked for this but they didnt have it. Only saw the gingerbread version

My local Dunnes didn’t have it either but Tesco did.

3rd of November!! Ooohhhh.

I will definitely be trying all 3 hot chocolates.

Orange chocolate is so hot right now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

My local Dunnes didn’t have it either but Tesco did.

Tried Tesco in Liffey Valley today and they didnt have it, was very disappointed.
    working tomorrow so will try Tesco on Thomas St - fingers crossed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,429 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

messrs wrote: »
    Tried Tesco in Liffey Valley today and they didnt have it, was very disappointed.
    working tomorrow so will try Tesco on Thomas St - fingers crossed!!

Give Dealz a try also!

A few 3 for €10 offers, christ i am going to be the size of a house with no teeth by 25/12 lol

https://m.tesco.ie/mt/www.tesco.ie/groceries/SpecialOffers/SpecialOfferDetail/Default.aspx?promoId=R32922660

• Registered Users Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭Jude13

Well there goes my diet. My cals for the whole day will consist of hot chocolates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Lidl have Cadbury stocking selection boxes (194g) in their leaflet for €1.50 from today. I assumed it's a mistake cos that's less than half the cheapest elsewhere. It's got 6 full size bars in it. Tried one Lidl this morning but none out. Went to a second one and picked up a box of 8. No price up in store. They scanned at €3.99 (the price I imagine they should be) but they gave them to me for €1.50 when I showed them the leaflet. Not sure what they're going to do since they're being advertised at that price, but letting you all know in case you want to try for yourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,255 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

tscul32 wrote: »
    Lidl have Cadbury stocking selection boxes (194g) in their leaflet for €1.50 from today. I assumed it's a mistake cos that's less than half the cheapest elsewhere. It's got 6 full size bars in it. Tried one Lidl this morning but none out. Went to a second one and picked up a box of 8. No price up in store. They scanned at €3.99 (the price I imagine they should be) but they gave them to me for €1.50 when I showed them the leaflet. Not sure what they're going to do since they're being advertised at that price, but letting you all know in case you want to try for yourselves.

*rushes to nearest Lidl :pac:

leahyl wrote: »
    *rushes to nearest Lidl :pac:

Saw a thread somewhere saying they are supposed to be €4....a misprint.

Saw a thread somewhere saying they are supposed to be €4....a misprint.

Figured as much. Glad I got in when I did 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 30,429 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

rosiem wrote: »
    Fingers crossed I think they are perfect for stocking fillers especially my own stocking :)

They have arrived!
    122962428_2783223415333595_4000068198373111260_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=70CDWjejzhYAX-ctj6u&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=5cc6937ec8d3a54fcde1fbdbe3e9514c&oe=5FC07182

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭rosiem

They have arrived!
    122962428_2783223415333595_4000068198373111260_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=70CDWjejzhYAX-ctj6u&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=5cc6937ec8d3a54fcde1fbdbe3e9514c&oe=5FC07182

Amazing freshpopcorn thank you so much I will check my local Aldi tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

rosiem wrote: »
    Amazing freshpopcorn thank you so much I will check my local Aldi tomorrow

Are the chocolate nice in them?

Has anyone seen a Galaxy chocolate advent calendar and if so where....for use in November lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,259 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Has anyone seen a Galaxy chocolate advent calendar and if so where....for use in November lol.

I spotted one in SuperValu last week so maybe try them :)

Advertisement