Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Chocolates, Sweets and Food

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I love it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭SourSessions

Got mine this morning too. Impressed with the 'quality'!

Rz0dOei.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭jellybear

I'm having one of those days...very, very tempted by the Quality Street. My bold husband is encouraging me to get a tin each- he's paying ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

august12 wrote: »
    Any idea of the best quality edible dark chocolate, something similar to Green and Blacks, nothing artificial? Lindt has one good quality 80% dark chocolate.

Found this on the Irish Times list of Irish providers it might have what you are looking for https://www.hazelmountainchocolate.com/collections/shop?page=1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Still no sign of the King or Tayto boxes of crisps, or the 3 for €5 on selection boxes

• Registered Users Posts: 30,429 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Still no sign of the King or Tayto boxes of crisps, or the 3 for €5 on selection boxes

My first sighting last year was the 29th of October in 2018 it was 2nd November.
    So, you don't have long.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

My first sighting last year was the 29th of October in 2018 it was 2nd November.
    So, you don't have long.

I read this with a picture in my head of you with a spreadsheet with items, dates and places :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Seriously considering getting a chocolate advent calendar for November in addition to December....the doom and gloom and its only day 1 of 6 weeks :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

august12 wrote: »
    Any idea of the best quality edible dark chocolate, something similar to Green and Blacks, nothing artificial? Lindt has one good quality 80% dark chocolate.
    The only Irish - based chocolatier I tried (in addition to Butlers) was Benoit Lorge, a Frenchman based in Kerry. I attended a chocolate making workshop with him during a Dublin Choco Festival many years ago.
    I had noted during the workshop he said he sourced the "pellets/chips" from Valrhona.

I see he is still there and he does sell bars online.
    http://lorge.ie/product/chocolate-bars/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭tscul32

Caranica wrote: »
    My Quality Street arrived this morning!

Drool....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,228 ✭✭✭✭DvB

TRS30 wrote: »
    I read this with a picture in my head of you with a spreadsheet with items, dates and places :D

I think there's a few of us in here with a fascination for stats, dates & generally following the order of things.

All in the name of counting down to christmas.

But we're not obsessed or anything like that...... or are we?:o
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 10,085 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

tscul32 wrote: »
    Drool....

I tried allowing myself 1 per day. Succeeded yesterday but had 2 today and there may even be a third! Today is a very crappy day.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Mutleyboo

My quality street arrived yesterday also and I'm ashamed to say a third gone already.. maybe more.. did anyone see my will power, I seemed to have misplaced it..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Caranica wrote: »
    I tried allowing myself 1 per day. Succeeded yesterday but had 2 today and there may even be a third! Today is a very crappy day.

When you say 1 a day you mean 1 tin right? not just 1 sweet:cool::D

Popped in to Lidl on my way back from a site meeting this morning to pick up soem halloween bits for the kids, couldnt walk down the aisle with the christmas stuff on display & not pick up a couple of stollens, already had a couple of small slices with my morning coffee here to get me through til lunch, its still absolutely gorgeous!!

I'll need a lot of willpower to not finish both of them off in the next few days:o
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

For the chocolate orange lovers - Dominos are now doing chocolate orange cookies.

messrs wrote: »
    When you say 1 a day you mean 1 tin right? not just 1 sweet:cool::D

I can be quite disciplined on a non stressful day! Today is day 3 and think it's a 1 sweet day, fingers crossed anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

DvB wrote: »
    Popped in to Lidl on my way back from a site meeting this morning to pick up soem halloween bits for the kids, couldnt walk down the aisle with the christmas stuff on display & not pick up a couple of stollens, already had a couple of small slices with my morning coffee here to get me through til lunch, its still absolutely gorgeous!!

I'll need a lot of willpower to not finish both of them off in the next few days:o

Eat them all DvB, no judgement here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭tscul32

DvB wrote: »

Myself and the littlest here had the mini stollen I got in Lidl. And we've decided to try making our own over the midterm break. Will post it on Christmas Cooking if it turns out ok.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

kitten_k wrote: »
    For the chocolate orange lovers - Dominos are now doing chocolate orange cookies.

Must. Get. Dominos.

tscul32 wrote: »
    Myself and the littlest here had the mini stollen I got in Lidl. And we've decided to try making our own over the midterm break. Will post it on Christmas Cooking if it turns out ok.

Did that last year & whilst very very tasty didnt have the 'finesse' of the shop bought ones (probably a lot less calories too though) so have decided to stick with the shop bought ones this year.

They're actually not that hard to bake, and dont be afraid to throw in some alcohol to give a nice edge to it, the alcohol bakes off but the flavour can be nice with the fruit & marzipan.

kitten_k wrote: »

This is amazing news, I wonder would dominos allow me to order just cookies?!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,259 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I have just ordered 2 tins of Quality street :( I have no will power so god only knows how many will be left for Christmas :D

Nice, I'd say those tins are flying out of the sweet factory! :D

Posy wrote: »

They make handy gifts as Quality Street are gluten free I'm told.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,259 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Posy wrote: »

They have on the website that due to high demand delivery times are from and up to 10 working days :) Toffee fingers are in their way to me :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

2 boxes of Roses, Quality Street for €9 in Eurospar....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I picked this up in Tesco today. 360g of mint crispy goodness.

cSgux1D.jpg

Advertisement