Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aoibheann Ni Shuilleabhain Harassment Story

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Yurt! wrote: »
    No. You said she did it for publicity
    I never used those words, are you ok love ?
    Very pretentious person imo, and now making it public has obviously been done to promote her name even more.

Pretty clear here.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭LiquidZeb

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Pretty clear here.....

Threads like these really bring out the incels. I bet he'd piss himself if a girl so much as made eye contact with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Pretty clear here.....

He must have been on the hooch and forgot he posted it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

Pretty clear here.....

Thanks hun and the other accusations ?

He must have been on the hooch and forgot he posted it.

And the other accusations love ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,943 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Again not words I used

Whatever words you used, it read to me, and others that you were getting a dig at her for exposing this. Implying she was using it to keep her name in the public domain..

LiquidZeb wrote: »
    Threads like these really bring out the incels. I bet he'd piss himself if a girl so much as made eye contact with him.

Now that’s weird

To be fair, I did not think the accused was "that type of person" either, even though I somewhat knew the guy personally.

So I don't think you can outright claim that she is "not that type of person" when you don't know her personally at all.

Well, she is not that type person...in the context I am espousing..that being:

“Using this horrendous ordeal that she went through simply to promote herself/career.”

As much as this may surprise you, this thread isn't about your name and how you feel it's been besmirched by people mocking you for attacking a woman who has been subject to stalking. Do us all a favour and toddle off.

walshb wrote: »
    Whatever words you used, it read to me, and others that you were getting a dig at her for exposing this. Implying she was using it to keep her name in the public domain..

Wow so you make up what people say with no evidence? Punch drunk perhaps

• Advertisement

When you make a statement like the one above, and then not only try to back-track on it but out and out lie claiming you'd never said it, it rings alarm bells.

As much as this may surprise you, this thread isn't about your name and how you feel it's been besmirched by people mocking you for attacking a woman who has been subject to stalking. Do us all a favour and toddle off.

Who’s attacking who yurt ?? It’s you love any mod will see that

Wow so you make up what people say with no evidence? Punch drunk perhaps
    Very pretentious person imo, and now making it public has obviously been done to promote her name even more.

Again, you present the evidence yourself. It's quoted right there.

Now that’s weird

While accusing a woman of using her sexual harassment ordeal to get publicity is the height of normal.

Well, she is not that type person...in the context I am espousing..that being:

“Using this horrendous ordeal that she went through simply to promote herself/career.”

Yes, that is what I assumed you meant. I don't believe that she is that type of person of course, but that is just my opinion as an outsider and not a factual statement I can make because I do not know her personally.

Who’s attacking who yurt ?? It’s you love any mod will see that

I'll take a card for for this but I don't care. Stop being a sook and posting weird tripe about someone who has been subject to serious harassment. The thread will be all the better for it.

Mod

Forum and thread ban

While accusing a woman of using her sexual harassment ordeal to get publicity is the height of normal.

You really have a one track small mind, but ok Zed if you say so

I'll take a card for for this but I don't care. Stop being a sook and posting weird tripe about someone who has been subject to serious harassment. The thread will be all the better for it.

What’s a sook ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Kaybaykwah

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Does anyone think she elected to involve the media for fear of any backlash from within UCD? I get the feeling she went so public about the matter to highlight the issue but to also ensure she has a positive future within UCD?

Could she have had other motivations for involving the press?

Before you jump down my throat here, I think it is fair to point out. There are a lot of women who have gone through hell and back with their harassment stories and not involved the media. So I think it is a relevant point? Why did she chose to go actively public with the matter? Is it a journalist "scoop" or was she hoping to reinforce herself against any negativity within UCD down the line?

Well, it could be a scoop, a belated one at that, but what does it matter how it came out in the press?

This matter, in the wake of "me too" and anything related to harassment of any kind needs airing out. Any individual who "doesn't get" that the sollicited party isn't interested needs to be stopped early on. His obsession doesn't need to become someone else's cross to bear. It doesn't matter if it is a woman or a man by the way, there are plenty of people who have problems understanding proper boundaries in human relations.

You really have a one track small mind, but ok Zed if you say so

It's zeb lad. Are you going to try and back track any more?

• Advertisement

It's zeb lad. Are you going to try and back track any more?

I’m not backtracking zeb you make no sense lad

I’m not backtracking zeb you make no sense lad
    You said she did it for publicity
    I never used those words, are you ok love ?

Embarrassing!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I think once you involve the countries main broadsheet ( with respect to the Indo and the Examiner etc etc )you are automatically exposing yourself to potential for negative feedback.

Lets be honest, this is not some column inches in the legal/courts section of a Wednesday afternoon. This is a full exposé on a contentious sexual harassment case, pictures, quotes the whole shebang.

Given that to be the case it does warrant discussion as to the motivations of the article and the compliance of Ní Shuilleabhain, not in her harassment btw, but in her willingness to give the media her side of a very big story. She has worked in broadcasting since 2006.

I would just be interested in knowing what were her motivations for going public? It may well be as innocuous as giving her some public reinforcement in her battle with UCD, I get that. But it would be nice to hear her come out and say it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,354 ✭✭✭Morgans

I think once you involve the countries main broadsheet ( with respect to the Indo and the Examiner etc etc )you are automatically exposing yourself to potential for negative feedback.

Lets be honest, this is not some column inches in the legal/courts section of a Wednesday afternoon. This is a full exposé on a contentious sexual harassment case, pictures, quotes the whole shebang.

Given that to be the case it does warrant discussion as to the motivations of the article and the compliance of Ní Shuilleabhain, not in her harassment btw, but in her willingness to give the media her side of a very big story. She has worked in broadcasting since 2006.

I would just be interested in knowing what were her motivations for going public? It may well be as innocuous as giving her some public reinforcement in her battle with UCD, I get that. But it would be nice to hear her come out and say it.

What's contentious about this case?

Morgans wrote: »
    What's contentious about this case?

For me the fact that it has happened in one of our largest universities, a place where we are sending out youth for further education, for starters.

But there is a litany of subject matter.

How many women working for a big 4 Accounting firm or a large solicitor firm are dealing with the same torment? Not as easy to challenge harassment in the private sector?

Would you like any more bones of contention, I have all afternoon?

Maybe she feels that she was so let down and hurt by UCDs response to all this, that she simply wants to make it known how poorly they behaved here? And, I wouldn't slate her for it; albeit there being two sides to a story...

Embarrassing!

Actually if you look at the words it’s embarrassing for you, but way to go hun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

For me the fact that it has happened in one of our largest universities, a place where we are sending out youth for further education, for starters.

But there is a litany of subject matter.

How many women working for a big 4 Accounting firm or a large solicitor firm are dealing with the same torment? Not as easy to challenge harassment in the private sector?

Would you like any more bones of contention, I have all afternoon?

None of the above whataboutery can in any way justify your use of the word 'contentious".

Please try harder.

Maybe she feels that she was so let down and hurt by UCDs response to all this, that she simply wants to make it known how poorly they behaved here? And, I wouldn't slate her for it; albeit there being two sides to a story...

Fair enough, this would explain a lot.

No one is " slating " anyone here either.

• Advertisement

Actually if you look at the words it’s embarrassing for you, but way to go hun

It's pretty clear you've made a fool of yourself here sweetheart ;)

Advertisement