Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

middle of the lane?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

Enduro wrote: »
    If I'm mistaken, then no harm. If not, it'll more than likely kill them with frustration.

Or they will be so fu(ked off they will go on to actually kill someone..

These things can escalate quickly.. but I can't really say anything in this occasion, as I proper lost it!! One of those roads that just always has some (unt on it, but mostly unavoidable.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,136 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Or just slow down, then stop right in front of them - stand or drop your bike right in front of the vehicle, start checking your rack or mudguards to see if you can find whatever problem he was trying to signal about to you - then go round to the window and ask him what he meant by the beeping.
    this is illegal. and i'd hazard a guess, counterproductive.

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/1961/act/24/section/98/enacted/en/html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

Ignoramus behind lifted an old boy in Navan out of it for stopping on amber.

Hero steps out of the van and walks back.
    Big salute. Big smile.
    "How's it going, do I know ya from somewhere? Any craic? "

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I often give a wave or thumbs up when I get a car holding back or a bus giving me that extra bit of space on the bus lane. I often get a wave or smile back, often say thanks through windows if they are down and it is safe to do so. It does no harm and seems to get a nice reaction back. I would often wave thank you for a car leaving enough space to merge or pull out while driving as well. Sometimes its nice to be nice and from appearances people tend to appreciate it.

As for this thread, can we start saying middle of the lane rather than road, it is very annoying.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,136 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i edited the thread title to that effect.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Don't get the close overtaking mentality.

Not a cyclist but have empathy for someone out playing dodge with tons of steel flying around them at high speed.

Will always wait until I have a chance to move safely at least partly into the opposite lane to overtake.

So many people on the roads with a thoughtless attitude. We need to have proper driver training and weed out arseholes from getting in cars. So many N plate drivers who are terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭JMcL

So many N plate drivers who are terrible.

It's the R drivers behaving like asshats that get me. Given the extreme unlikeliness of ever having to retake a driving test or even maintain a passing familiarity with the road traffic act (or even the comic produced by that shower in Mayo) in this country, they should be sector that has all this freshest in their minds, yet there are still close passes and general muppetry :confused:

Advertisement