Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

This seems like more of the rhetoric Trump comes out with like when he claims 'No American President has been treated more unfairly than me'
    Yeah? How?

How? Are you serious?

Oh I don't know: perhaps because he was lied about from the moment he came down that escalator and they said he called all Mexicans rapists. Sure from the moment he was inaugurated the media were calling for him to be impeached!

Wapo77.jpg

Then there was lies about him paying prostitutes to urinate on one another in Moscow (with mainstream media and entertainment industry finding it all hilarious to the extent that there were even TV shows made about locating non-existent pee pee tapes) and of course there was the lies that he was a Russian agent.

The Obama administration pretty much spied on his campaign and sections of the FBI try to frame him, going so far as to doctor emails so that people with ties to his campaign would be linked with Russia. More to come on all that soon I hope but one never knows as after all Andy McCabe lied his ass off to the FBI and barely got a slap on the wrist. CNN gave him a job of course.

Then there was the impeachment debacle. Democrats using their powers to try and frame the President for a crime that even the person they claim was the victim of it, President Zelensky, said never happened. Democrats even going so far as to keep testimony from the public as they knew it contradicted the narrative that they were trying to sell in the Senate which, if successful, would have seen Trump removed from office and could potentially have seen him jailed. These people are not well and the media backs it all the way.

There are multiple examples of the media lying about Trump (saying he told people to inject bleach one of the more absurd and most embraced) but one of the most disgusting was when one MSNBC host said Trump talked about "exterminating latinos":

https://twitter.com/danielturnerptf/status/1159178788422467584

When he did the world a favour and took out ISIS leader Al Baghdadi, the leftist rag that is the Washington Post effectively mourned him:

Wapo99.jpg

Trump has been hounded since he took office by a lying media cheered on by the left and you obtusely ask how??

• Registered Users Posts: 21,524 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Where do I start...The Administration was undermined before it even took office because of bogus claims of Russian collusion...it was said, that incoming President colluded with the Russians an act if true is treasonous...it was completely bogus...it hampered the Administration before they could take office, has that ever happened in the history of US politics?
    Claims strongly supported with evidence and the refusal of the investigator to be able to say he didn't commit a crime.
    Not to mention Trump pardoning someone convicted in relation to involvement with Russians and who had threatened to flip on Trump.
    The previous administration behaved in a reprehensible manner and have continued to do behave that way over the last 4 years, along with credible accusations of spying on Trump's campaign, Obama has completely abandoned the long help tradition of disappearing from public view, has that ever happened in the history of US politics?
    The previous administration stopped existing in Jan 2017, how exactly have they behaved reprehensibly in the time since?
    The entire media infrastructure of the US has behaved in an extremely partisan manner often completely misrepresenting what the President actually said, I witnessed the industry distribute an edited video relating to the Jobs figures back in June which was covered around the world...has that ever happened in the history of US politics?
    The President of the United States has distributed doctored videos.
    Can you give evidence of when the media has done it to Trump without apologising or withdrawing it?
    When Trump announced a travel ban on China back in February he was immediately called a Xenophobe? Has that ever happened in the history of US politics?
    A - He wasn't called a xenophobe
    B - It was pointed out that he had a history of xenophobia
    C - Point B is demonstrably true
    If Trump was the incompetent mess the Democratic Party would not have to sink to levels such as above, which are but 4 examples of how completely unprecedented the last 4 years have been.
    Again, the Democrats haven't sunk anywhere given the above is either false, or wasn't even referring to the Democrats. I take it the absence of evidence in this respect is evidence of absence of the Democrats sinking anywhere.
    On account of the state of the media industry and the behaviour of all parties, none of us can claim to be well informed, none of us have a perfect view on what is happening in the US despite which way a person leans.
    There is no perfect view, but it is all of our duties to view media which is said to represent both sides as well as that which is broadly recognized to be truly as impartial as possible and then to make up our own minds.

Couldn't agree with you more.

Very divisive rhetoric isn't it?

Eh, why are you seeing colour there?

They are being called out for being rich spoiled celebs.

Not everything that is said about specific black people is being said because those people are black.

That's partly what's causing this mess. You have some people who can't seem to grasp the fact that just because George Floyd was black, does not mean it was a factor in what led to his death. Tony Timpa's mother would sure be happy if having white skin made you immune from being a victim of police brutality.

Trump has been hounded since he took office by a lying media cheered on by the left and you obtusely ask how??

So, leaving aside his behaviour in being very vocal in the birther conspiracy theory while Obama was in power, his barrage of tweets which when compared to his own Presidency showed that he not only judged the previous President, but patently held him to a higher standard than he does himself and the myriad of Fox News, New York Post, and Breitbart drives to undermine him, you think Trump has been treated unfairly? Really?

And one of your pieces of evidence is a ridiculous but irrelevant in this conversation headline from the Washington Post? Really really?

And even if you stand by these arguments, do you think this is worse treatment that the Presidents who were assassinated while in office? Really really really?

Eh, why are you seeing colour there?

They are being called out for being rich spoiled celebs.

Not everything that is said about specific black people is being said because those people are black.

That's partly what's causing this mess. You have some people who can't seem to grasp the fact that just because George Floyd was black, does not mean it was a factor in what led to his death. Tony Timpa's mother would sure be happy if having white skin made you immune from being a victim of police brutality.

Thank you for proving my point.

She called out the black man for being a rich spoiled celeb and praised the white man for having a principled opinion on a topic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

I have a family in America, I have elderly relatives over there who are actively frightened of going outside. The reason being the pandemic... So I suspect the handling of the pandemic will factor into high risk voter's decisions in particular.

Also yes, other posters have referenced the fact that the pandemic has been handled atrociously. They rank as one of the worst nations on that front.

I have relatives over there. They stayed in and worked from home in new York while the pandemic raged through. Governor Cuomo did a horrendous job with his state.

I hope your relatives are safe and when this is all over the governor of the state they live in is held accountable for his or her lack of action

Just back from a walk. Listened to the full Douglas Murray appearance on Joe Rogan podcast. Absolutely excellent from Murray as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

Governor Cuomo did a horrendous job with his state

Probably shouldn't vote for him for President, so, along with any other candidate who did a horrendous job with Covid.

She called out the black man for being a rich spoiled celeb and praised the white man for having a principled opinion on a topic.

Couldn't be that it was just the opinions and not their skin colour that determined who she criticized and who she praised?? :rolleyes:

How come she praised Larry Elder whenever he's been on condemning Hillary Clinton over the years? That's her agreeing with a black guy while disagreeing with a white woman.

Can't you see that what you are doing is far more racist than that which you perceive to be racist? Stop seeing skin colour so much and start seeing people for who they are instead maybe. Content of character and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,211 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Maybe she just prefers football players over basketball players

Probably not though

• Advertisement

Some pbp activist threw a cup of coffee over varadkar in the park today

The extreme left with their violence and jump up and down tantrum attitude has arrived from across the Atlantic?

This problem needs to be stamped out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

The extreme left with their violence and jump up and down tantrum attitude has arrived from across the Atlantic?

Exactly, arm all the Guards for a start.

How? Are you serious?

Oh I don't know: perhaps because he was lied about from the moment he came down that escalator and they said he called all Mexicans rapists. Sure from the moment he was inaugurated the media were calling for him to be impeached!

Then there was lies about him paying prostitutes to urinate on one another in Moscow (with mainstream media and entertainment industry finding it all hilarious to the extent that there were even TV shows made about locating non-existent pee pee tapes) and of course there was the lies that he was a Russian agent.

The Obama administration pretty much spied on his campaign and sections of the FBI try to frame him, going so far as to doctor emails so that people with ties to his campaign would be linked with Russia. More to come on all that soon I hope but one never knows as after all Andy McCabe lied his ass off to the FBI and barely got a slap on the wrist. CNN gave him a job of course.

Then there was the impeachment debacle. Democrats using their powers to try and frame the President for a crime that even the person they claim was the victim of it, President Zelensky, said never happened. Democrats even going so far as to keep testimony from the public as they knew it contradicted the narrative that they were trying to sell in the Senate which, if successful, would have seen Trump removed from office and could potentially have seen him jailed. These people are not well and the media backs it all the way.

There are multiple examples of the media lying about Trump (saying he told people to inject bleach one of the more absurd and most embraced) but one of the most disgusting was when one MSNBC host said Trump talked about "exterminating latinos":

https://twitter.com/danielturnerptf/status/1159178788422467584

When he did the world a favour and took out ISIS leader Al Baghdadi, the leftist rag that is the Washington Post effectively mourned him:

What about the Republicans contemplating impeaching Clinton back in 2016?
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/wp/2016/11/03/no-honeymoon-for-hillary-congressional-republicans-openly-discussing-impeachment/

Also the impeachment of Trump took place with entirely legit grounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭hirondelle

How isn't it....

I said that the media and celebrity class/industry will be even more useless than it was back in 2016...

Joe Biden has given very few interviews but he did give one to Carly B, do you think that has had a positive impact on his vote in the black community as a result...as you know, the black community above all demographics, are by some distance the most loyal to the Democratic Party...

Did Biden get a bump in the polls after the DNC, which was covered and celebrated by US media?

How many interviews has Joe Biden given?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

So, leaving aside his behaviour in being very vocal in the birther conspiracy theory while Obama was in power, his barrage of tweets which when compared to his own Presidency showed that he not only judged the previous President, but patently held him to a higher standard than he does himself and the myriad of Fox News, New York Post, and Breitbart drives to undermine him, you think Trump has been treated unfairly? Really?

And one of your pieces of evidence is a ridiculous but irrelevant in this conversation headline from the Washington Post? Really really?

And even if you stand by these arguments, do you think this is worse treatment that the Presidents who were assassinated while in office? Really really really?

Don't forget threatening suburban women with Corey Booker.

ZeroThreat wrote: »
    Exactly, arm all the Guards for a start.

I'd be more in favour of some kind of educational system for people

• Registered Users Posts: 6,227 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

hirondelle wrote: »
    How many interviews has Joe Biden given?

Another poster suggested it, and I actually agree.

There is only one campaign participating in this election.

The other is a shell campaign, the idea is to repeatedly target and convert Trump voters from 2016.

I cannot find any evidence that there is an on the ground campaign for the Democrats (happy to be proven wrong).

There isn't a shred of enthusiasm for Harris/Biden, again happy to be proven wrong.

The mission seems to be to just throw as much muck at Trump over the next 2 months using media and establishment figures...it'll be interesting to see how the debates pan out.

When you consider what is at stake for the Democratic Party this is a unique Presidential election.

That's pretty much been roundly condemned on social media. So I wouldn't exactly classify it as the rise of a violent far left...

The whole point of democracy was to hear two options out and vote for the one you thought was best. Reading this shows the internet cant do that.

So many people decided Trump was a baddy 5 years ago on looking at him and thats all that matters to them.

This vote is for the good of america not the good of your ego on how good you are at judging people and winning an arguement.

I thought Trump was a baddy when he was gurning at the telly on the Apprentice. I have discovered since then that he is an immeasurably worse person in every aspect. I have literally zero enthusiasm for Biden (or probably most of the Dem runners)- I am simply hoping for Trump to not be in place after this election. Is this an unreasonable stance to take? Debating on whether you might agree with my reasons or not is a side issue, you seem to think there is no legitimate reason for opposing Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,227 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

That's pretty much been roundly condemned on social media. So I wouldn't exactly classify it as the rise of a violent far left...

I remember Mary Harney and Michael Noonan and Charles Haughey getting similar, it's neither left nor right, we just produce morons like every other country.

• Advertisement

Remember you asked for a link about china funding BLM this morning and the BLM leaders calling themselves trained marxists and denied it.

Then I posted a link from the new york post and you and your buddies decided to ignore it then to start asking about who would we rather babysit our children Joe or Trump?

Like we should decide the presidency of america, the leader of the free world and the uncle of the middle east on who would be best at working a minimum wage job in Dublin minding children.

Then when asked why you wanted Joe to babysit some children you said the above quote.

Remember that?[/QUOTE

The person thanking your post repeatedly raises the Biden/paedo line. You might include them in your ire.

The other is a shell campaign, the idea is to repeatedly target and convert Trump voters from 2016.

I cannot find any evidence that there is an on the ground campaign for the Democrats (happy to be proven wrong).

There isn't a shred of enthusiasm for Harris/Biden, again happy to be proven wrong.

The mission seems to be to just throw as much muck at Trump over the next 2 months using media and establishment figures...it'll be interesting to see how the debates pan out.

When you consider what is at stake for the Democratic Party this is a unique Presidential election.

I asked how many interviews Biden has given because the poster is claiming he isn't giving many- I want them to show how many. It's as simple claim with a simple numerical answer, unless they cannot back up the claim

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 466 ✭✭DangerScouse

Just back from a walk. Listened to the full Douglas Murray appearance on Joe Rogan podcast. Absolutely excellent from Murray as usual.

Will sit down later with a couple of glasses of Scotland's finest and enjoy that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

A lot of masks in this video.

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1306963691028578305

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Nobody trust the Democrats and their Postal Voting Racket ! !

Donald Trumps Voters like to Vote in Person.

How did you manage to write a post with 5 statements and for all 5 of them to be false?
    Patently false.
    You say this like getting people to vote for someone is a strange phenomenon in an election.

This is just the Labour Unions which have come out in support for Joe.
    • Labor unions
      AFL–CIO, representing 13 million
      AFSCME Council 31, representing 100,000
      Alliance for Retired Americans, representing 4.4 million
      Amalgamated Transit Union, representing 200,000
      American Federation of Government Employees, representing 670,000
      American Federation of Musicians, representing 73,071
      American Federation of School Administrators, representing 20,000
      American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees, representing 1.3 million
      American Federation of Teachers, representing 1.7 million
      American Postal Workers Union, representing 330,000
      American Train Dispatchers Association, representing 2,718
      Association of Theatrical Press Agents & Managers
      Bakery, Confectionery, Tobacco Workers and Grain Millers' International Union, representing 73,694[
      Brotherhood of Railroad Signalmen, representing 10,500
      California School Employees Association, representing 248,000
      California Teachers Association, representing 310,00
      Chicago Federation of Labor, representing 500,000
      Civil Service Employees Association, representing 300,000
      Coalition of Black Trade Unionists, representing 1.2 million
      Communications Workers of America, representing 700,000
      Connecticut Education Association, representing 43,000
      Education Minnesota, representing 86,000
      Florida AFL–CIO, representing 500,000
      International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees, representing 150,000
      International Association of Bridge, Structural, Ornamental, and Reinforcing Iron Workers, representing 130,000
      International Association of Fire Fighters, representing 313,000
      International Association of Heat and Frost Insulators and Allied Workers, representing 30,000
      International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers, representing 570,000
      International Association of Sheet Metal, Air, Rail and Transportation Workers, representing 216,000
      International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, representing 725,000
      International Brotherhood of Teamsters, representing 1.4 million
      International Federation of Professional and Technical Engineers, representing 80,000
      International Longshoremen's Association, representing 65,000
      International Longshore and Warehouse Union, representing 33,000
      International Organization of Masters, Mates & Pilots, representing 5,500
      International Union of Bricklayers and Allied Craftworkers
      International Union of Elevator Constructors, representing 28,620
      International Union of Painters and Allied Trades, representing 103,858
      Laborers' International Union of North America, representing 557,999
      Maine AFL–CIO, representing 36,000
      Maine State Employees Association, representing 13,000
      Maine State Nurses Association, representing 2,000
      Marine Engineers' Beneficial Association, representing 23,400
      Massachusetts AFL–CIO, representing 400,000
      National Association of Government Employees, representing over 100,000
      National Association of Letter Carriers, representing over 300,000
      National Education Association, representing 3 million
      National Federation of Federal Employees, representing 100,000
      National Nurses United, representing 150,000
      National Postal Mail Handlers Union, representing 50,000
      National Treasury Employees Union, representing 150,000
      New York City Central Labor Council, representing 1.5 million
      Office and Professional Employees International Union, representing 105,000
      Ohio Federation of Teachers, representing 20,000
      Operative Plasterers' and Cement Masons' International Association, representing 44,000
      Oregon AFL–CIO, representing 125,000
      Pennsylvania AFL–CIO, representing 800,000
      Pride at Work
      Retail, Wholesale and Department Store Union, representing 60,522
      Rhode Island AFL–CIO, representing 80,000
      Sailors' Union of the Pacific, representing 736
      Seafarers International Union, representing 35,498
      SEIU 32BJ, representing 75,000
      Service Employees International Union, representing 1.9 million
      South Bay Labor Council, representing 100,000
      Stage Directors and Choreographers Society, representing 2,652
      Texas AFL–CIO, representing 235,000
      Texas State Teachers Association, representing 68,000
      Transportation Trades Department, AFL–CIO
      Transport Workers Union of America, representing 151,000
      UFCW Local 1776, representing 20,000
      United Association, representing 329,954
      United Autoworkers, representing 390,000
      United Farm Workers, representing 10,278
      United Food and Commercial Workers, representing 1.3 million
      United Steelworkers, representing 1.2 million
      United Union of Roofers, Waterproofers and Allied Workers, representing 18,750
      UNITE HERE, representing 300,000
      Utility Workers Union of America, representing 50,000
      Virginia AFL-CIO
      Washington State Labor Council, representing 550,000
      West Virginia AFL–CIO, representing 80,000
      Wisconsin AFL–CIO, representing 250,000

There is a lot more at this link.
      There isn't a shred of enthusiasm for
    Harris/Biden, again happy to be proven wrong.
    Why are you ignoring the polls which say they have a strong lead?

Trump is the guy referring to Sleepy Joe, talking about how the Dems are going to come for your children your church, your guns etc.

blinding wrote: »
    Nobody trust the Democrats and their Postal Voting Racket ! !

Donald Trumps Voters like to Vote in Person.

I imagine it's more that they're concerned that he's attempting to interfere with the postal service. Also we're in a bizarre situation where people not wearing masks are likely to be Trump voters...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

The Democrat's Antifa / BLM would not be up so early, would not be so well behaved and would have burned down the Polling Station ~ ~ Safe to say these are Not democrat supporters ! !

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,990 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

A number of posters have been scraping the bottom of the barrel with their comments today. Indeed they seem incapable of proper debate/discussion

The following are threadbanned

blinding
    Man with a broke phone

More may follow as I work through recent posts

• Advertisement

Joe's campaigning for Trump at this stage with comments like this:

https://twitter.com/CalebJHull/status/1307057934585737216

Just shows the man has no idea what Trump did and did not do re Covid.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement