Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

USA

Coronavirus Cases:
    Deaths:

Disgraceful.
    And all because Trump didn’t want to hurt his election chances.

Is trump responsible for all those obese people being fat ?
    Is it his fault they have underlying health conditions ?
    What about all those blm protesters that think they can mass gather during a global pandemic is trump responsible for appalling attitude.

I hate to break it to you but you should compare the stats to countries per population and percentage wise and you see the USA is not as bad as some other countries, and when you factor in the number on major metropolitan areas, it is far from the worst.

But like all trump haters, why let actual facts get in the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Ah shur I know, life sucks, for some anyway, I'm not sure why these folks feel this way, most of us on boards openly criticise our government, all the time

Because it's safe on boards.ie you can't be fired for it or can you? You can be banned from boards, however, if you really decide to stick your head above the parapet the government can demand that the operators of boards.ie hand over your details and then they will pursue you. Mostly this does not happen because the moderators will act when you deviate from the safe zone.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

Weird, Pa avoided addressing anything in relation to US covid numbers.... Instead you went on a rant about Ireland and linked to some alt right youtube channels... I would like to address one claim though. Cause making out the lockdown increased suicide rates here is pretty nasty.

I did not claim any increased suicide numbers or put specific numbers on it, I did claim that people committed suicide as a result of circumstances exacerbated by the economic lockdown and I only have a personal anecdote for that to date. There are no reliable data points for leading indicators however loneliness as a result of social isolation can the precursor of mental health issues such as depression and anxiety leading to suicide but that outcome is not predetermined.

Nor are deaths caused by delayed diagnosis cases quantifiable in the short term but it is known the sooner you diagnose a condition the better the outcome for the patient.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,309 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

That town hall was an absolute train wreck for Trump it could seriously sway some undecided people to Biden imo

• Registered Users Posts: 29,014 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Because it's safe on boards.ie you can't be fired for it or can you? You can be banned from boards, however, if you really decide to stick your head above the parapet the government can demand that the operators of boards.ie hand over your details and then they will pursue you. Mostly this does not happen because the moderators will act when you deviate from the safe zone.

i 'deviate' all the time, and im still here!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 466 ✭✭DangerScouse

gmisk wrote: »
    That town hall was an absolute train wreck for Trump it could seriously sway some undecided people to Biden imo

Thought he did really well tbh.

At least he's doing some questions and answers from the public. Biden is hiding and told ABC news they and i quote "couldn't find a date to fit Joe in" for a 90 min town hall debate :D

The man is running for president and is hiding away from the public

At least he's doing some questions and answers from the public. Biden is hiding and told ABC news they and i quote "couldn't find a date to fit Joe in" for a 90 min town hall debate :D

How does telling ABC News anything equal hiding away from the public?

How does telling ABC News anything equal hiding away from the public?

He's refusing to do debates in a town hall environment and field questions from the public. He's running for president for christ sake. This is basic stuff.

He's refusing to do debates in a town hall environment and field questions from the public. He's running for president for christ sake. This is basic stuff.

Don't forget there is more than the presidential election going on in the United States and in order to claim the high moral ground the Democrats discouraged door to door canvassing and in the competitive states that can cost them.

Down-ballot Dems split from Biden on door-knocking
    For months, down-ballot Democrats followed Joe Biden’s lead and stopped door-to-door campaigning in an effort to prevent people from catching Covid-19 and appear more socially responsible than Republicans. President Donald Trump’s campaign and other GOP candidates, by contrast, have downplayed the pandemic and been knocking on voters’ doors for months.

But with anxiety growing in the final sprint before Election Day, an increasing number of Democrats up and down the ballot are making the call to stop ceding voters’ doors to the GOP — a decision that could increase pressure on Biden’s campaign to restart the traditional election-year practice.

source

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ollkiller

Isn't Biden doing a town hall meeting with CNN in two days. Edit one day. Tomorrow it's on.

Link https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/09/10/politics/cnn-town-hall-joe-biden/index.html

• Advertisement

Don't forget there is more than the presidential election going on in the United States and in order to claim the high moral ground the Democrats discouraged door to door canvassing and in the competitive states that can cost them.

Down-ballot Dems split from Biden on door-knocking

I wouldn't claim it a "moral high ground" to not go door to door during a pandemic. It's maintaining public safety. Ireland is far less hit than the US and it's accepted that door to door canvassing would not occur in the event of a general election.

Also if I was a high risk member of the public eg elderly or with pre-existing health conditions. I would not be happy to see canvassers at my door. The reality is most aren't comfortable with that atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,458 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Erm, he's doing one on Thursday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Biker79

I suspect that Biden may be on some sort of ' patchwork ' cognitive enhancers.

He has been suspiciously composed in some recent videos, which also appear to have been well staged.

The medical consensus on cognitive decline is that its irreversible. However, it can be glossed over on a temporary basis.

Either that or those videos are deepfakes. Although not sure if the tech is that good, at this point. Perhaps its cognitive enhancers mixed with sophisticated video editing...

Remember - the Democrat strategy is to get over the finish line at all costs, so we shouldn't be surprised if this is were to be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Gentlemanne

Criticized him a good few times. When it was warranted. Which it rarely is.

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 13,202 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Biker79 wrote: »
    In suspect that Biden may be on some sort of ' patchwork ' cognitive enhancers.

He has been suspiciously composed in some recent videos, which also appear to have been well staged.

The medical consensus on cognitive decline is that its irreversible. However, it can be glossed over on a temporary basis.

Either that or those videos are deepfakes. Although not sure if the tech is that good, at this point. Perhaps its cognitive enhancers mixed with sophisticated video editing...

Remember - the Democrat strategy is to get over the finish line at all costs, so we shouldn't be surprised if this is were to be true.

Got anything resembling a facts to back up your curious opinions?

And remember, Person Man Woman TV vote Biden 2020

lol

So far the only reasonable criticism of Trump has been is hair, being overweight, is shorted temperedness with low IQ journalists....and maybe the manner in which he sips on a glass of water.

For Gods sake, talk about clutching at straws.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,506 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

I think the tactic is to let Trump self destruct and get more deranged as the weeks go by, and it seems to be working.

Biden is also doing a town hall tomorrow, the bar Trump has set is very low, so provided Biden shoot someone, he'll be coming out ahead, if he does shoot someone, it's probably a draw.

So far the only reasonable criticism of Trump has been is hair, being overweight, is shorted temperedness with low IQ journalists....and maybe the manner in which he sips on a glass of water.

Watch his disastrous town hall from last night, plenty to criticise there.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,309 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

The fact you think he did really well says it all really.....laughable
    Even fox thought it was a disaster

• Registered Users Posts: 16,506 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

In suspect that Biden may be on some sort of ' patchwork ' cognitive enhancers.

Even if you suspect all these things, the worrying thing for you is that he still comes out well ahead of Trump on any metric for both mental and physical fitness.

You should also be jumping over to the conspiracy forums rather than trying to post completely unsubstantiated information based on suspicions (luckily everyone bar the Trump campaign twitter accounts can spot deepfakes relatively quickly)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I think he will win his base is too strong and he has them wound up that the democrats will take everything they love away

i hope im wrong, but i feel there is so many in america who dont admit they vote for him

So now the reason to explain Biden being far more capable is that he's on drugs... The nonsense flows...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,172 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I suspect that Biden may be on some sort of ' patchwork ' cognitive enhancers.

Another completely delusional person. I’m starting to think all trump supporters have cognitive issues.

MadYaker wrote: »
    Another completely delusional person. I’m starting to think all trump supporters have cognitive issues.

Actually, the evidence is that conservative people are the brightest. Which is why they end up in positions of responsibility/ authority ( discounting the deep state swamp of course ...but these are low value technocratic positions , to be fair ). This has been the pattern throughout history. Wokeness is only a recent ' development ' . It never would have survived prior to the industrial revolution.

The science on this is compelling. I doubt you will like it though. We all know lefites are very selective about the scientific facts they support.

You should be grateful for the success of conservatism . Without that, wokeness would have not survived Darwinian selection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

Actually, the evidence is that conservative people are the brightest. Which is why they end up in positions of responsibility/ authority ( discounting the deep state swamp of course ...but these are low value technocratic positions , to be fair ). This has been the pattern throughout history. Wokeness is only a recent ' development ' . It never would have survived prior to the industrial revolution.

The science on this is compelling. I doubt you will like it though. We all know lefites are very selective about the scientific facts they support.

You should be grateful for the success of conservatism . Without that, wokeness would have not survived Darwinian selection.

The logical fallases and hoops some people are able to jump through never fail to amaze me.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Gentlemanne

I do not give a single sh*t that he's fat or has weird hair and especially not the water thing, and I can't tell if you genuinely think these are the sole "reasonable criticisms" (you'd be incredibly delusional) or you're just being obtusely disingenous.

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    The orange man is an a$$hole, allowing people to die doesn't bother him at all
    Mod: This isn't discussion. Increase your posting standard something north of soundbites and one-liners, or don't post.

Wow. Things are worse than expected

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sExGofYTfuI

Okay Joe's never been the sharpest tool in the box but he did at the very least have some sort of energy and an ability to bring something to the table. This is now getting ridiculous and frankly indefensible.

I also have no time for people making fun of him. We are all gong to reach this stage in our life and it's up to us all to protect the vulnerable as they reach the later stages of their life. :(

Telling when users post clips that keep cutting...

• Advertisement

Wow. Things are worse than expected

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sExGofYTfuI

Okay Joe's never been the sharpest tool in the box but he did at the very least have some sort of energy and an ability to bring something to the table. This is now getting ridiculous and frankly indefensible.

I also have no time for people making fun of him. We are all gong to reach this stage in our life and it's up to us all to protect the vulnerable as they reach the later stages of their life. :(

Oh look, another selectively edited youtube video.

Well that's me convinced:rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement