Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭westdublin

At least one Nobel looking even more assured as each day passes for President Trump in 2021.

How many Americans have been killed in the war between these two countries ?
    Do you not think American would rather seen him focus on trying to actually save his own people and not get some free publicity for something he has had no hand in what so ever.

But as always with Trump, its all about the optics and nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Overheal wrote: »
    Will the Banger-Bratwurst war never end :(

Untitled-1.jpg

We'll soon see Gerry off.

With the help of the uber "peace maker" Donald of course. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,147 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

That joke is the wurst

• Registered Users Posts: 25,409 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

He's single handedly working on peace talks between Ireland and Germany after this. Inspirational.

The ireland/Iceland peace deal.is going to be huge!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭46 Long

westdublin wrote: »

But let me ask you something while youre talking about attitude, how do you think Americans felt watching their president lie on national television when he told them there was a vaccine ? Nearing 300,000 dead and he is lying to them still ?

I'm not sure what you think that has to do with my point. For what it's worth I'm sure the American public feel a deep sense of despair at having an idiot like Trump as Commander in chief.

• Advertisement

duploelabs wrote: »
    That joke is the wurst

I'm just hoping we can curry favour with our German overlords when this comes to an end.
    The ireland/Iceland peace deal.is going to be huge!

The frozen foods aisle should definitely get Trump the peace prize.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,994 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

And that's step 1 of the slippery slope. As I said, in Holland they are now passing legislation to kill terminally ill children.

No, they're not.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-54538288

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Another peace deal between two countries who've never been at war with each other

How does he do it????
    Millions dead in the bloody Sudan-Israel war. Thank God they're finally going to stop nuking each other.

Keep sneering, it just shows what you're all about.

Article from Jan, 2020:
    Sudan signals Israel detente after decades of hostility

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu sent shock waves throughout the region when his office announced on Monday that Sudan had "agreed to start cooperation leading to normalization of the relationship between the two countries."

Sudan, an African country that has openly resisted Israel for decades, has undergone significant political change since the ouster of longtime dictator Omar al-Bashir on the heels of popular protests last year.

Historically, Sudan has maintained aggressive policies against the state of Israel since its inception. In the wake of the 1967 Six-Day War between Israel and Arab countries, the heads of eight Arab states issued the Khartoum Resolution that outright rejected peace efforts.

The document stipulated that Arab countries, including Egypt, Jordan and Sudan, would jointly oppose Israel, stating: "No peace with Israel, no recognition of Israel, no negotiations with it." But decades after, that declaration is steadily losing its appeal.

Yaakov Katz, editor-in-chief of The Jerusalem Post, told DW that the signaling of possible Israeli-Sudanese rapprochement forms part of a "more substantive" process happening in the region: "the normalization of ties between Israel and Arab countries."

"It is one of the tenets of what Israel has been trying to achieve since its inception 71 years ago," Katz said. "Israel has done that successfully with the Egyptians and Jordanians, and we know there are a lot of behind-the-scenes relationships with countries in the Gulf."

"This is just another example of how ultimately Israel can create these ties and get along with Arab and Muslim countries. That's a positive global development."

WSJ article from Aug:
    “Israel, Sudan and the entire region will benefit from the peace agreement and will be able—together—to build a better future for all peoples of the region,” Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said in a statement on Tuesday. “We will do whatever is necessary to turn vision into reality.”

Israeli officials have predicted a deal with Sudan could come by the end of the year. It could include overflight rights for commercial planes from Israel and deeper commercial ties.

The deal would be a setback for the Palestinians, who have counted on Arab nations to pressure Israel to make concessions in exchange for normalization. If more countries forge ahead without them it will weaken the Palestinian position.

U.S. and Israeli officials have said that they expect the U.A.E.-Israel deal will be followed by several others in the coming weeks and months, including Bahrain, Morocco and Oman. Israel, with the Trump administration’s encouragement and support, has sought closer relationships with formerly hostile Muslim and Arab nations who share its concerns about Iran or seek economic benefits from warmer ties.

Anti-Trump leftists really show what they are about when they sneer at the successful efforts of the Trump administration at securing peace in the Middle East.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

Igotadose wrote: »
    You need to specify which state - buying a handgun is very difficult in some states, and crazy easy in others.

Heck, some don't limit how many you can buy in a month.

its federal law
    The only states its more difficult is in dem run cities.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,730 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Keep sneering, it just shows that you

Article from Jan, 2020:

WSJ article from Aug:

Anti-Trump leftists really show what they are about when they sneer at the successful efforts of the Trump administration at securing peace in the Middle East.

Does any of this state there was open war between Sudan and Israel? Pointing this out is "sneering?" Did you know about the $3.7M lobbying to Trump? Or Trump using the Oval Office, again, to try and have a foreign leader, again, interfere in our election?

How would you feel about Pres. Biden doing a joint presser in the Rose Garden with Xi Xinping to publicly thrash his 2024 opponent?

• Advertisement

Does any of this state there was open war between Sudan and Israel?

Did anybody say there was open warfare between the two countries? NO.

You're creating a strawman to justify your juvenile sneering above.

As for the rest of your post, it was pure deflection and nothing to do with my post.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,167 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Keep sneering, it just shows what you're all about.

Article from Jan, 2020:

WSJ article from Aug:

i dont suppose that israels change of heart is anything to do with the millions that the sudanese paid to a lobbying firm?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,147 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

juice1304 wrote: »
    its federal law

Why should handguns be available to all?

There's is absolutely no viable reason

As for the rest of your post, it was pure deflection and nothing to do with my post.

Hold on, you get to make strawmans about masturbating (and not ironically, either) and now you want to assault others for being clearly tongue & cheek?

You're a gas lad Mr. Outlaw.

In fairness, you think he should win a peace prize for it. Peace prize for non contentious agreement. :rolleyes:

So a peace agreement between Ireland and Germany would be a big deal too!

juice1304 wrote: »
    its federal law

So, no problem for you to quote the '18 page form to fill out' that's a federal law applied during handgun purchases? Go right ahead, since I doubt such exists, or if it does, is actually enforced.

Edit: Just name the law and if you've got it, an identifier. Not asking you to post it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,481 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Trump is a snake oil salesman. He promises things he never delivers just like his tax returns - always coming soon.

https://twitter.com/ProjectLincoln/status/1319656235981959169

He's a con man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Trump is a snake oil salesman. He promises things he never delivers just like his tax returns - always coming soon.

He's a con man.

Thankfully, with the help of wall Street backing Biden no matter what the SCOTUS is made up of, over the next 4 years, there will be a health care plan in place..

He's a con man.

A month ago.

6 weeks ago Trump said a deal was going to get signed in 2 weeks (... a month ago).

When interviewing with 60 minutes he said the deal was ready to roll out then immediately said part of it has been written and indicated it was incomplete.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭tjdaly

Thought Trump spoke surprisingly well at the debate. I'd say he has this one in the bag.

• Advertisement

A great listen too for any self critical Donnie/GOP fan boi

https://youtu.be/x7njd7xntAg

I can't embed for sh!te haha

tjdaly wrote: »
    Thought Trump spoke surprisingly well at the debate. I'd say he has this one in the bag.

Take the challenge. Fill in the electoral map, tell us your number and how you chose the swing state direction. Thanks!

https://edition.cnn.com/election/2020/electoral-college-interactive-maps

Trump mocking someone for wearing a mask in the oval office

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/watch-trump-mocks-reuters-jeff-mason-for-wearing-a-mask-in-oval-office-packed-with-maskless-wh-officials/

Pretty disgusting behavior honestly.

In fairness, you think he should win a peace prize for it. Peace prize for non contentious agreement. :rolleyes:

No, I believe he should get a Nobel for his administration's work at furthering peace in the Middle East overall, not merely for this most recent aspect.
    So a peace agreement between Ireland and Germany would be a big deal too!

All the other sneering examples weren't funny either and so I'm not sure why you think this latest effort would be. If you feel such a deal between us and Germany compares, then you really need to educate yourself on the matter. I suggest you start with the following article from Feb (along with the other two I posted) maybe then you won't make such ridiculous comparisons:

Bribes, Bombs and Saudi Billionaires: The Secret History of Israel’s Explosive Relations With Sudan

The meeting Monday in Uganda between Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Abdel Fattah al-Burhan, head of Sudan’s transitional Sovereignty Council, is just another chapter in the convoluted history of the two countries. It is a story of ups and downs, war, expedience, animosity, gun-running and people-smuggling, conspiracies, the long reach of Iran, clandestine bank transfers and - above all – a relationship wrapped in overlapping layers of secrecy.

We get it. You don't like Trump but you just embarrass yourself when you suggest this latest agreement between Sudan and Israel is akin to a deal between Germany and Ireland. It's obtuse.

You must have been outraged by him moving the embassy to Jerusalem so, Pete. That most definitely added fuel to a fire rather than assisting in peace in the middle east. Or that time he renegged on Iran deal...

No, I believe he should get a Nobel for his administration's work at furthering peace in the Middle East overall, not merely for this most recent aspect.

All the other sneering examples weren't funny either and so I'm not sure why you think this latest effort would be. If you feel such a deal between us and Germany compares, then you really need to educate yourself on the matter. I suggest you start with the following article from Feb (along with the other two I posted) maybe then you won't make such ridiculous comparisons:

We get it. You don't like Trump but you just embarrass yourself when you suggest this latest agreement between Sudan and Israel is akin to a deal between Germany and Ireland. It's obtuse.

We get it, you are in love with Trump but you just embarrass yourself with this stuff Pete.

You certainly weren't on board with POTUS getting a Nobel peace prize for "working at peace overall" in 2009. Definitely not. We have receipts.

You must have been outraged by him moving the embassy to Jerusalem so, Pete. That most definitely added fuel to a fire rather than assisting in peace in the middle east.

Outraged?? That a President would fulfill a campaign promise and finally do what other Presidents had only talked about??

You walked into that one ;)

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/939006911629869056

• Registered Users Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

We get it, you are in love with Trump

This is pathetic.

What age are you?

Remember not so long ago, maybe a few hours back we were told don't believe the polls...

The first 30/40 seconds of this.. from Donnie, himself...

https://youtu.be/N7cd74l_YAQ

The polls, the polls believe the polls sheeple.. we are Donnie, and you're still losing..

• Advertisement

You certainly weren't on board with POTUS getting a Nobel peace prize for "working at peace overall" in 2009. .

Why would I be? The Middle East was a mess in 2009 and the Obama Administration just made things worse.

https://www.juancole.com/2009/12/top-ten-middle-east-crises-2009.html
    https://jewishjournal.com/israel/73612/

Four more years of President Trump can only be beneficial to the strive for World Peace (particularly Peace in the Middle East) given what his administration has accomplished thus far despite constant harassment from the political opposition (misusing impeachment powers etc) and of course the Worldwide pandemic. Biden would be a total disaster.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement