Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2020

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,473 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Mine too . An amazing dance . I used to love the non themed just simply dancing in those days .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n59-r5haCg

Just watched that, loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Navy blue

Couldn’t agree more about the pro dances this year. Way too much going on, impossible to see the actual dancing. I thought the Remembrance Day dance last night was poor.

Loved Graziano and Nadia’s dance to Ave Maria, so graceful, just stunning. Much prefer dances like that to the melee that is the group dance.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,815 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Awww, I absolutely loved the Simpsons dance - it was sooo Diane, I love her quirky choreography! And I thought it really brought Max out of himself, he seems so shy and nervous.

I thought the music options for all the dances were SHOCKING though! Are they running out of film music, or just out to torture the poor celebs? Trying to dance a paso to Star Wars ffs, how are you meant to do that? And Bill's one was more flamenco than paso IMO.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,473 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Awww, I absolutely loved the Simpsons dance - it was sooo Diane, I love her quirky choreography! And I thought it really brought Max out of himself, he seems so shy and nervous.

I thought the music options for all the dances were SHOCKING though! Are they running out of film music, or just out to torture the poor celebs? Trying to dance a paso to Star Wars ffs, how are you meant to do that? And Bill's one was more flamenco than paso IMO.

I had the same thought, watching the dance off.
    I hadn't watched the first time around. Poor Jason!

Tbh, in both cases in the dance off, the dances reminded me of The Routine in Friends, more than anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,442 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Jason managed to improve in the dance-off. Nicola was an awful lot worse. Craig's comments about both improving were laughable.
    Nicola was quite lucky to survive. Anyone else bar Jason and she was a gonner. As it stands, I still think she'll be gone in another week or two.

• Advertisement

Heroditas wrote: »
    Jason managed to improve in the dance-off. Nicola was an awful lot worse. Craig's comments about both improving were laughable.
    Nicola was quite lucky to survive. Anyone else bar Jason and she was a gonner. As it stands, I still think she'll be gone in another week or two.
    I thought exactly the same!

Jason wiped the smile off his face, and made a much better fist of the raw deal he'd been given, and I thought Nicola was poorer in the dance-off than first time.

I couldn't believe the comments and votes when they were given!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,237 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Nicola or Caroline to go next week

Autosport wrote: »

Nicola will be kept in at all costs.

Really?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Autosport wrote: »

Caroline or Jamie for me . He does nothing at all for me

• Advertisement

Heroditas wrote: »

I hadn't seen his dance first time around, but definitely thought he was the better of the two in the dance off.
    I thought there was very little to the dance Nicola had to do, and it didnt look any better, to me, second time around.

I agree, I think she will be gone very soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Navy blue

I agree, I think there was such a big deal about there being a same sex pairing this year, they won’t want her going home in the first couple of weeks. I think while she is probably a better dancer technically than Jason, she doesn’t have much personality and that really comes across in the dances.

Navy blue wrote: »
    I agree, I think there was such a big deal about there being a same sex pairing this year, they won’t want her going home in the first couple of weeks. I think while she is probably a better dancer technically than Jason, she doesn’t have much personality and that really comes across in the dances.
    H from Steps broke that mould when Dancing on Ice had a same-sex couple, and they made it to week 6 of 10, so I don't think there'll be as much pressure to keep the couple in this time.

And I think she's a fairly poor dancer - I really thought jive would play to her strengths (short sharp moves, light on her feet), but it didn't really. I can't imagine her doing a lovely foxtrot or rumba.

The standard is really high this year - no complete duds apart from the politician, so I'd expect her to go in the next week or two.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    H from Steps broke that mould when Dancing on Ice had a same-sex couple, and they made it to week 6 of 10, so I don't think there'll be as much pressure to keep the couple in this time.

And I think she's a fairly poor dancer - I really thought jive would play to her strengths (short sharp moves, light on her feet), but it didn't really. I can't imagine her doing a lovely foxtrot or rumba.

The standard is really high this year - no complete duds apart from the politician, so I'd expect her to go in the next week or two.

I agree. I think she will be gone in the next week or two. She is one of the weaker dancers, in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Recliner

Just watched that, loved it.

I'd forgotten some of the pro dancers that the show had. Sorely missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,442 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Nicola has had all the stops pulled out for her. Prime dance slots and had a quickstep, "freestyle' and jive to start off. Not the most difficult ones and she's still ended up in the dance-off.
    The judges won't be able to save her in many more dance offs so she will need to rely on the public. I don't think she'll get the votes.
    Either her or Baron Von Biscuit to leave next please.

Recliner wrote: »
    I'd forgotten some of the pro dancers that the show had. Sorely missed.

The good old days . Mathew and Nicole Cutler , Flavia and Vincent , Ian and Camilla , Lydia and Darren Bennet , Karen , Brendan . Ola and James

• Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Mine too . An amazing dance . I used to love the non themed just simply dancing in those days .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n59-r5haCg

I laughed at James Jordan with the guns out. I forgot his love of sleeveless shirts. :D

Great dance from the pros.

I laughed at James Jordan with the guns out. I forgot his love of sleeveless shirts. :D

I only had eyes for Mathew Cutler !

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

I loved Matthew Cutler :o

I loved those old 'look what we can do' Pro Dances. Although I did really enjoy the one a couple of years ago with Oti as the lead, David Bowies 'Fashion' was the song.

• Advertisement

I loved those old 'look what we can do' Pro Dances. Although I did really enjoy the one a couple of years ago with Oti as the lead, David Bowies 'Fashion' was the song.

Anything with Oti in it is fabulous!!

Shades of Michael Flately!

Ahh, the little Italian stallion! Great dancers one and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Odeta

Matthew fan here too. Wouldn't min him taking me for a spin in a waltz.

Gleb, who now dances in Dancing with the stars but was on a Strictly and he’s now single ;) Always had a soft spot for him :D

Caroline makes my teeth itch . Why did she have to be with Johannes ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Nicola leaving, Katy covid positive

Sadly Nicola and Katya are leaving #Strictly Come Dancing. Full statement here 👉 https://t.co/PCzmJkdoHn https://t.co/ZIohSTxHrT

• Registered Users Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

That's a shame. Though I didn't see Nicola being around for too much longer.I usually love Katyas choreo so I'm sad I won't see any more.

Nicola leaving, Katy covid positive

Sadly Nicola and Katya are leaving #Strictly Come Dancing. Full statement here �� https://t.co/PCzmJkdoHn https://t.co/ZIohSTxHrT

I don’t think that their pairing brought anything to the show. Nicola was very wooden.

• Advertisement

I wonder will that mean no elimination this week

Advertisement