Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48.ie - Was 7.99/month - 100 GB, all calls, all texts, 10 GB EU data - [Now 10.99]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Is there an idiots guide to roaming, even just to Northern Ireland I can read? Been with 48 since last November if that impacts the type of SIM card I have

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I posted detailed guidelines last year after speaking with 48's helpdesk for almost 2 hours... now, finding that post again, with the search function on the blink, is a tall order...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Registered Users Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭beachhead

Sorry,but on my phone it has been liffeytelecom for roaming until mid June '23.I have roamed in the EU,West Africa and Asia with liffeytelecom.I have been in countries where 48 chat agents have told me they do not have local coverage agreements and I am receiving calls(not wifi) while talking to them!I have a new sim for quite a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭spakman

The APN (liffeytelecom/proximus) is for data only, it has no impact on your reception for calls or texts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭robbiep958

Does 48 in force the 200GB data limit ?

Very very true.

When I referenced calls/texts I knew that.I was simply pointing out the appalling customer support from 48 in that they don't know which countries 48(3) have service agreements with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭onrail

Hi all, I missed the monthly payment for my 48 subscription because I stupidly let my revolut account balance get too low. I've added money to the account - Any idea how I force the payment to repeat to continue the subscription?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭gipi

Log into your 48 account and click on the membership menu. There should be an option there to buy a membership (subscribe for a month) and to set up auto-renew.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Sn@kebite

I'm on the 7.99 for 100gb. And yes for me the mobile data just cuts off when I run up 100GB.

I can of course still spot 3gb/trade 300mins for 3gb just before I run out to give me extra data as an emergency.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Still can’t get the personal hotspot up and running despite using the correct APN as per 48.

Im on iOS.

Anyone else having issues?

It just tells me to contact the carrier. 48 say they have no active block on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Should I change settings back after returning from Spain. Getting very slow data (3g only and about 3MB/s download).

Previous settings were:

I then changed to this....

Should I change back to previous line ones? Only problem is I didn't copy the full MMS info

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

Did you try removing the Hotspot APN or resetting the settings?

There’s 3 48 SIMs on iOS in our house (2 €7.99 and 1 €12.99) and I checked them when I seen your post. Two were already set up with the 48months.liffeytelecom.com hotspot setting and the other didn’t have the hotspot APN set but once I put it in it showed up straight away. Two on iOS 16.6 and the other 17 beta.

Your APN settings are correct in the second picture, the first picture is the roaming profile.

Try adding the 48months.liffeytelecom.com APN setting to the LTE section and see does that put you back onto 4G.

Also make sure you’ve LTE selected in the Voice and Data settings.

Yes tried them both.

Im on 48 since opening weekend and always had hotspot until a couple of months ago. An update must have messed up something. 2 iOS phones in the house on the 7.99 plan here and both exactly the same issue. Both on 16.5.1(c)

Either you are good luck or a god sent from the heavens 😂

I deleted the hotspot settings. Turned phone off and on. Then re entered the the 48months apn setting and then turned off and on again, and hey presto, hotspot option there again!

That’s strange it wouldn’t stick without removing and rebooting but glad you got it sorted in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭cullenswood

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭BigMoose

Just back from the UK with my two teens who have 48 "new" SIMs and the proximus APN did not work, changing to liffeytelecom did.

The Liffey is your man or woman oops

• Advertisement

Just back from England and hallelujah, I got roaming! Wasn't easy! Here's what I did, in case it helps (Android phone)

Open SIM tools app and select "when abroad"

Select "manual" and "international profile"

Go to phone settings and select phone network manually - I couldn't select a UK network until I'd changed to international profile, they were all marked "forbidden". My phone wouldn't connect to a UK network automatically either, I had to connect manually.

Once registered with a UK network, go back to the SIM tools app, select "when abroad", "manual" and "local profile". This sets the APN to liffeytelecom, not proximus.

I then had access to calls, SMS and data.

During my short stay (30 hours), I had to do this palaver 3 times, as I got disconnected from the network for some reason.

I tried all this in NI a couple of weeks ago, it worked for an hour, then I was disconnected.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭flazio

If anyone is on €12.99 it might be worth knowing that Clear Mobile are running a port offer of matching the price on their network. Now they say first month free but there is a €12.99 activation so probably safer to say free activation. Might be worth a punt if the 3 Network signal where you are isn't great. If Clear are rubbish, you can just switch back.

Clear Mobile have a speed limit on their data, so if that's important, switching might not be appropriate

• Registered Users Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

That's an understatement, 5meg is an awful low speed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭ciano1

I'm picking up 5g on 48 more and more these days around Dublin. Surely they're about to officially launch it?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭dannijuno

I was just in Germany and I have the new 48 SIM. The Proximus settings did not work, I had to manually add the Liffey settings and then it worked. However, it took some time to connect properly, 15 mins or so. Some hassle having to do this every time!

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I've had 5G for a long time with 48 now. I don't think it was restricted by them at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,296 ✭✭✭AllForIt

partner is away and can’t connect to data while roaming in Spain.

APN settings match mine here at home.

new sim a few months back so connected up to Brice and calls network instantly. Just can’t get data despite many on/off cycles, mobile data on/off cycles etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,098 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Advertisement