Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wokeism of the day *Revised Mod Note in OP and threadbanned users*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭SlowMotion321

Strangely, Parasite would qualify under the new rules, despite being completely racially homogenous.

I have certainly known a few of those!

Weight Watchers was renamed as WW, because, you know...

and despite it being initials now, it takes twice as long to say

Still looks like two fat people!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Italian fashion is racist, it's too Italian, and stuff.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-europe-54061928

Frankly they can keep their funny Balenciaga trainers,
    Louis Vuitton however needs credit for milking money from pricey lady bags.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,787 ✭✭✭Cordell

If it's in the privacy of your own home and no one gets hurt it's none of my business brother/sister/it/insert your own gender! That's none of my business, just remember the safe word!

Insert my what where?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Just saw this on the film forum:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058111762

Only diverse films will be considered for Best Picture at the Oscars

I just find all this so divisive. It's achieving the opposite of what it hopes to achieve. It's reducing everyone to their ethnicity, their colour, as if that's all we are.

• Advertisement

Cordell wrote: »
    Insert my what where?

Therein lies the problem:D Just talk to any A&E doctor:eek:

I just find all this so divisive. It's achieving the opposite of what it hopes to achieve. It's reducing everyone to their ethnicity, their colour, as if that's all we are.

"Ohh the ethnicity of it all! Won't someone please think of the children!"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Hopefully studios will go on making films using the best people for the job rather than sucking up to the academy.

I think this can go two ways.

1. If people follow it, then it has the potential to detrimentally affect movies due to the cast/creative team etc. being picked based on race rather than on the quality of their work.

or

2. People will make movies and ignore these requirments and some of the best films may not be eligible for the Oscars. That will have the effect of devaluing the Oscars making it more the race awards than the movie awards.

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Hopefully studios will go on making films using the best people for the job rather than sucking up to the academy.

1. If people follow it, then it has the potential to detrimentally affect movies due to the cast/creative team etc. being picked based on race rather than on the quality of their work.

or

2. People will make movies and ignore these requirments and some of the best films may not be eligible for the Oscars. That will have the effect of devaluing the Oscars making it more the race awards than the movie awards.

Positive discrimination is still discrimination! "Two legs good, four legs better!"

or

I'm hoping for the second. The Oscars are shite anyway.

• Advertisement

I'm hoping for the second. The Oscars are shite anyway.

Isn't it great to only have 1st world problems!

Isn't it great to only have 1st world problems!

Hi SlowMotion, I have a terminal cancer. Is that a big enough problem for you?

People can care about numerous things simultaneously, believe it or not.

That shut you up, SlowMotion. ;)

Hi SlowMotion, I have a terminal cancer. Is that a big enough problem for you?

People can care about numerous things simultaneously, believe it or not.

Yes! I'm an alcoholic! Lets race to see who dies first! Thank you for saying that, nothing wrong with a kick in the bollix when it's deserved! Have I offended you personally? Then I apologise personally and will do with a PM, I am not here looking to be offended or offend! However I will engage in lively debate on the understanding that that is what it is! If there are rules or lines that I have broken or crossed then please make me aware of them and I will endeavor to act accordingly! I won't stop from speaking my brain, and if that breaks rules please feel free to report me for promoting anything other than the values and rules of the forum we find ourselves in!

That shut you up, SlowMotion. ;)

Posted before I could finish my reply:)

Yes! I'm an alcoholic! Lets race to see who dies first! Thank you for saying that, nothing wrong with a kick in the bollix when it's deserved! Have I offended you personally? Then I apologise personally and will do with a PM, I am not here looking to be offended or offend! However I will engage in lively debate on the understanding that that is what it is! If there are rules or lines that I have broken or crossed then please make me aware of them and I will endeavor to act accordingly! I won't stop from speaking my brain, and if that breaks rules please feel free to report me for promoting anything other than the values and rules of the forum we find ourselves in!

No no, not at all.

No no, not at all.

We Good?

We Good?

Of course. I was not being entirely serious. Well, the cancer thing is real but take my post with a pinch of salt.

Of course. I was not being entirely serious. Well, the cancer thing is real but take my post with a pinch of salt.

Prick! Wasn't joking about the alchalocic thing, look I can't even spell it! Damn you tasty wine! I struggle! I have family members dealing with cancer, Lost my mother to it! AH I think is for robust bull****! Just for my own information, is there a "sorry you have cancer card!" I can get my sister inlaw?

Prick! Wasn't joking about the alchalocic thing, look I can't even spell it! Damn you tasty wine! I struggle! I have family members dealing with cancer, Lost my mother to it! AH I think is for robust bull****! Just for my own information, is there a "sorry you have cancer card!" I can get my sister inlaw?

There probably is. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Hego Damask

Exactly, true equality means that the race of actors/people to hire is as meaningful as hair colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Here the criteria.
    You need to two to get nominated:

1. On-screen acting and storylines, "including at least one of the lead actors or significant supporting actors is from an underrepresented racial or ethnic group"
    2. Creative leadership positions, departmental heads and crew composition
    3. Paid apprenticeships, internships and training
    4. Audience development, from publicity and marketing to distribution

My issue is these are so vague as to be meaningless. Underrepresented racial or ethnic group? Considering most Hollywood actors are American, then would an Irishman tick the box here?
    So then it's a pointless exercise and Twitter will use it as a stick to beat the Academy with.

Oh now you need at least two black actors, and Naomi Harris black, not Beyonce black.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

cdeb wrote: »
    2+2 is always 4. The cartoon thinks it's being smart, but isn't. 10 in base 4 is this many - .... - not this many - .......... - so the fundamental mathematical law remains; two plus two is four. Just because you've changed to base 4 doesn't alter the basic maths.

It is true that two apples plus two oranges don't equal four apples - but again, maths is always clear that you have to add like to like. 20 + 2 doesn't equal 4 because you want to add the two 2s together. One is two tens and one is two units so they can't be added together. Two apples plus two oranges does give four pieces of fruit, however.

I know it's only a handful of nuts on the internet, but if the cartoon is wrong, there's no point you saying it's right.

So yes, two plus two equals four is always true. You could in fact define four as being two plus two. If you want to give "four" a different name - such as 10 in base 4 - then fine, but that's just changing names, not the underlying facts. You may as well say that 2+2 = Ceathar, and so therefore isn't always equal to 4.

For sure, that's the whole basis of the mad theory released into the wild - change definitions of facts to fit the political, ideological imperative hence magically a male is a female, a female is a male, we're all clownfish blah blah

So come on AH, even though this batsh1t, controlling insanity has escaped unis into some parts of the real world with real consequences and is a present danger, some of it is so mentally deluded it's worth recording for the lol's at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,167 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

No no no, it's the Nazis that'll be black....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 98 ✭✭TheFactMan

Well that got dark quick..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,285 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

People will make movies and ignore these requirments and some of the best films may not be eligible for the Oscars. That will have the effect of devaluing the Oscars making it more the race awards than the movie awards.

It was already the who knows who in the business awards anyway. The dresses are as important as the films, a load of ****e. I'll continue to ignore them when choosing something to watch.
    No no no, it's the Nazis that'll be black....

The correct term is 'Fascists of Colour' you racist!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,167 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

TheFactMan wrote: »
    Well that got dark quick..

Diversity in action

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Hollywood has gone to crap this last decade or so, now it looks like it going to get even worse.

Screw em. TV is where it's at. While US films have been getting worse and worse, on demand TV has been getting better and better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Supposedly borat 2 film being made . Wonder how woke it will be

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement