Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wokeism of the day *Revised Mod Note in OP and threadbanned users*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Tbh, I don't agree with some of her policies but Merkel is one of the best leaders in the world, not only lasting longer than most of them but also more intelligent than most of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

"Spanish flu" racist to Spaniards? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

The entire Biden administration is solely based on identity politics ....Why am I not surprised

• Registered Users Posts: 12,852 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

TomTomTim wrote: »

Openly admitting that they're going to discriminate based on race. I swear there's a word for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Curse These Metal Hands

Rothko wrote: »
    Openly admitting that they're going to discriminate based on race. I swear there's a word for that.

You can't be racist against white people because someone redefined the term to justify their own racism and now it's thrown out as fact instead of the pseudo-intellectual crap that it really is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

If trump had just been a (tiny) bit less crazy he probably would have walked into his second term.
    and with this kinda crap being the alternative, is it any wonder?

You can't be racist against white people because someone redefined the term to justify their own racism and now it's thrown out as fact instead of the pseudo-intellectual crap that it really is.

I remember reading some of the comments on Piers Morgans twitter when he was told to "shut up white man"
    And yes, the belief by some, is that you can only be racist when its aimed at a 'minority' group! news to me.

and even the definition on google now is:

"prejudiced against or antagonistic towards a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or marginalized."
    sure why not!

can we imagine if the above tweet read as follows:
    JUST IN: Democrats Senators Tammy Duckworth (IL) and Mazie Hirono (HI) say they will vote against all Biden nominees who are not white.

They say they will only vote for a white nominee if the nominee is also straight

Googled one of their names too just to make sure it isn't some mis-quote
    and it looks like, yes, she did indeed say that!
    https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/544640-hirono-dropping-objections-to-biden-nominees-over-diversity-concerns

• Registered Users Posts: 7,522 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Ri_Nollaig wrote: »
    If trump had just been a (tiny) bit less crazy he probably would have walked into his second term.

Probably difficult to understate how much Covid 19 helped Biden. Completely offset a lot of his weaknesses. Interesting to see if Joe decides to run for a second term.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

shot and chaser , doesnt want gender her child til 18

https://twitter.com/Suffragentleman/status/1375014872585490435

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Ri_Nollaig wrote: »

He handled Covid badly. If there was no virus, he would have been a shoo-in.

That said, I genuinely cant understand anyone's motivation for voting blue. They're insane.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,258 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

keano_afc wrote: »

That said, I genuinely cant understand anyone's motivation for voting blue. They're insane.

They're both insane. The US is a complete disaster of a country.

Kingp35 wrote: »
    They're both insane. The US is a complete disaster of a country.

In an election between Dumb and Dumber, they chose Dumber!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

My best mate who is a vegan, sent me this with an apology......... White supremacy in veganism......

https://twitter.com/ElijahSchaffer/status/1375095795700137990

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭rightmove

My best mate who is a vegan, sent me this with an apology......... White supremacy in veganism......

Look they will be grand when they grow up

• Registered Users Posts: 12,852 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Some people have very little to be worried about.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,784 ✭✭✭SeanW

Is this satire an actual thing? I honestly can't tell anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,201 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

You can, theoretically, but only if the whites are a minority race, case in point Mugabe's Zimbabwe. You can be bigoted or xenophobic though in any situation.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

SeanW wrote: »

I'd say they're a lot of fun to be around

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Cordell

SeanW wrote: »

Maybe, maybe not.
    You have to remember that veganism is constructing your diet ideologically, so it's just a small step from "normal" veganism to intersectional decolonized veganism.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 TrampFighter

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/03/24/us/oakland-low-income-bipoc-guaranteed-income-trnd/index.html Oakland to give $500 a month to low income families but will exclude low income white families.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

First of all I’m big and bold enough to look after myself so this isn’t really serious but I did notice !

Basically had a singer in my band who came from a small foreign community. We played at their annual party night every year and enjoyed it. The women were appreciative and the young lads were up jumping around etc , but there was some jealousy and ill treatment from some of their established acts, (lads in slacks)and it occurred to me that this is what it’s like to be a minority :) and it felt horrible , seeing people looking at us and laughing and ****ing us over with stage time etc

Still though people were mostly lovely

We were billed as English song band

• Registered Users Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Cordell

TBF I never understood the allure of tanning. Fair skin is beautiful and tanning ages the skin prematurely and it's a risk of skin cancer.

Cordell wrote: »
    TBF I never understood the allure of tanning. Fair skin is beautiful and tanning ages the skin prematurely and it's a risk of skin cancer.

Fashion

In western countries it was the other way around 100 years ago.
    In Indian and places they do the opposite, they bleach their skin.
    Just the way it is.

I agree with you by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

A lot of it comes down to what the rich look like. If they spend all day inside and don't tan (Unlike peasants), fair skin is fashionable. If they spend a lot of time on the beach or whatever, tanning is fashionable.

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭rightmove

biko wrote: »

says her with the blue rinse hair - Her hair is ageist!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont think ppl under 70 should be allowed dye their hair blue or talk about racism until they have grown up

• Registered Users Posts: 14,610 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

The entire Biden administration is solely based on identity politics ....Why am I not surprised

Biden really is the king of identity politics.
    At his press conference yesterday, 10 reporters asked a question.
    7 were female, of which 2 were African American, 3 were hispanic, one was Asian American and one was white.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Biden really is the king of identity politics.
    At his press conference yesterday, 10 reporters asked a question.
    7 were female, of which 2 were African American, 3 were hispanic, one was Asian American and one was white.

No wonder the questions were so bad

Mod: Banned

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement