Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wokeism of the day *Revised Mod Note in OP and threadbanned users*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭Doctor Roast

I'd imagine something like 1984

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Utopia

• Registered Users Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Cordell

rossie1977 wrote: »
    Wasn't one thread enough?

All the freaking problems on Earth right now and right wingers are focused on calling everything they don't like 'woke'

And from all the problems on Earth wokies choose to focus on what people say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭badabing106

All the freaking problems on Earth right now and right wingers are focused on calling everything they don't like 'woke'

Do they want the education system changed to reflect a new way of thinking ? Do they want all stories in history to be rewritten or deleted ? Do they want an apology?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Utopia

Every household had slaves in Thomas Mann’s Utopia.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,905 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Same as anyone who pushes back is a "Karen'.

Woke-ism. Woke clergy was another one.

Buzzword central.

Do they want the education system changed to reflect a new way of thinking ? Do they want all stories in history to be rewritten or deleted ? Do they want an apology?

Who is THEY?

A children’s theme park was looking to hire a portly gentleman to play the part of the Fat Controller

The theme parks legal advisers warned that advertising specifically for a fat man could be considered illegal
    I thought that the fat controller had already been renamed!
    Well actually, he was officially named as Sir Topham Hatt, but was commonly called the fat controller, except in the US (no surprises there)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,310 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

• Advertisement

He's openly called Meghan a liar. You just cant do that to people.

Hes pure poison.

Meanwhile, the men only lose their lives!

Or their body parts. Or their sanity, peace of mind etc. Think of the centuries where men returning from war with PTSD were attacked as being weaklings or cowards.. even to this day, there will be some of that carryon going on..

What's the other thread dedicated to woke rubbish?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,310 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

What's the other thread dedicated to woke rubbish?

This one, we've been merged

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

EtbOMGvUUAM5dxk?format=jpg&name=medium
    knjb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

anewme wrote: »
    He's openly called Meghan a liar. You just cant do that to people.

Hes pure poison.
    Well, some people would say Meghan and Harry have openly called someone in their own family/extended family racist except they've both done something far worse - said someone is but refused to elaborate on who therefore effectively openly dirtying quite a few peoples names.
    Isn't that how all this regressive shít works?
    You can't just do that to people.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,220 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Oooh bully doesn't like being bullied and pulls out the victim cards - shocker!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Morgan has just walked off GMB live.
    the weatherman was having a pop at him (the black weatherman)
    Forget Eastenders/Emmerdale...the world's biggest soap opera continues. :)
    will he return? will there be more fights and flounces?
    Update - after an extended break - he's not back and neither is Susannah by the looks of it

Offtopic or is it??

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Well, some people would say Meghan and Harry have openly called someone in their own family/extended family racist except they've both done something far worse - said someone is but refused to elaborate on who therefore effectively openly dirtying quite a few peoples names.
    Isn't that how all this regressive shít works?
    You can't just do that to people.

They havent named names and we can t confirm if what they are saying is true or not. He has come out and openly called someone a liar and accused them of making up that they had suicidal thoughts.

Like Meghan or not, hes clearly had a personal vendetta against her for years.

Morgan has just walked off GMB live.
    the weatherman was having a pop at him (the black weatherman)
    Forget Eastenders/Emmerdale...the world's biggest soap opera continues. :)
    will he return? will there be more fights and flounces?
    Update - after an extended break - he's not back and neither is Susannah by the looks of it

Offtopic or is it??

Depends on the context. Google tells me nothing, other than someone walking off GMB appears to be a regular occurance.

• Advertisement

They havent named names and we can t confirm if what they are saying is trute or not[/B]. He has come out and openly called someone a liar and accused them of making up that they had suicidal thoughts.

Like Meghan or not, hes clearly had a personal vendetta against her for years.

That's the problem though.
    Scattergun never works for the truth.
    Anyhow, it's hilarious the row on telly between Morgan and the weatherman (it's still going on)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,491 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

statesaver wrote: »
    For reading a book :confused:

If you think, express or read thoughts that do not conform to the modern left, you must be a fascist.

That's the problem though.
    Scattergun never works for the truth.
    Anyhow, it's hilarious the row on telly between Morgan and the weatherman (it's still going on)

I've just watched the first bit there now. Alex said exactly what I said id before I even saw it. Piers Morgan has a personal vendetta which has been clear time and time again.he uses his podium to constantly get at her and as the other chap said, she's never hit back.

Yet, when he was confronted on on it, off he flounces. He can give it, but not take it. That Alex chap went through him for a shortcut.

I've just watched the first bit there now. Alex said exactly what I said id before I even saw it. Piers Mirgan has a personal vendetta which has been clear time and time again.he uses his podium to constantly get at her and as the other chap said, she's never hit back.

Yet, when he was confronted on on it, off he flounces. He can give it, but not take it. That Alex chap went through him for a shortcut.
    Oh, I'm not defending piers bloody morgan at all!
    He's the perfect example of someone making money from being 'anti-woke' - the same as the plethora making money from being 'woke'

He's the perfect example of someone making money from being 'anti-woke' - the same as the plethora making money from being 'woke'

Its priceless :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Oooh bully doesn't like being bullied and pulls out the victim cards - shocker!

Racism is racism

Although apparently

https://twitter.com/hslotemma/status/1368901605828009990?s=20

Who's being racist to white people...?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

Also no fan of Piers Morgan by any stretch.
    But god the train wrack that is the replies on his twitter.
    In short, it appears (some) people have redefined what the word 'racist' is ?!?!?

This one, we've been merged

So... there is one thread, then? Okay..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

https://twitter.com/TitaniaMcGrath/status/1369200018935152642

Not sure if this is right place for this but some people have created new sexuality called Super Straight and the replies to some of the comments on Twitter are very funny.

It has already been accused of being Nazi propaganda when clearly it's a piss take to highlight some potential hypocrisy from people.

I don't want to put this in the Gender Identity in Ireland thread as that's a serious discussion (probably, I've not read it) and this is in After Hours.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement