Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wokeism of the day *Revised Mod Note in OP and threadbanned users*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Thats nearly as bad as the "Ruthkanda Forever" tweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

The kid seems to have a good grasp of reality.

There could be a number of reasons she is on a lower wage. Crying wolf all the time just obfuscates real cases of discrimination.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,310 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Well, some people would say Meghan and Harry have openly called someone in their own family/extended family racist except they've both done something far worse - said someone is but refused to elaborate on who therefore effectively openly dirtying quite a few peoples names.
    Isn't that how all this regressive shworks?
    You can't just do that to people.

I don't get what the problem was, someone wondered out loud what skin tone the baby would have... Surely that's a common enough question in 'mixed race' relationships?

Ceterosexual (also known as Allotroposexual, Enbysexual, or Idemosexual) previously known as Skoliosexual- is an orientation referring to someone who is exclusively attracted to non-binary and genderqueer people. Previous definitions also included transgender people.

Similar attractions include enbian, terraric galaxsexual, triasexual, and neusexual. Labels like lesbian and gay can also include non-binary people in their attractions.

How do these people keep track of all the terms used, considering how much they change, and include/exclude? *Also would love to know who makes up the term, and how that's decided.. Just bizarre.

• Advertisement

I don't get what the problem was, someone wondered out loud what skin tone the baby would have... Surely that's a common enough question in 'mixed race' relationships?

Really really depends on the context. Piers was being reasonable. Those attacking him were not. They take offence that as a white male he even had the nerve to have an opinion.

Racism and sexism are very unfair and very wrong. So are false accusations. So is playing the race/sexism card whenever something doesn't go your way.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,218 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

There could be a number of reasons she is on a lower wage. Crying wolf all the time just obfuscates real cases of discrimination.

I found it strange that her and her husband do EXACTLY the same job.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,905 ✭✭✭✭anewme

I dont think they 'wondered" out loud though. And why would it be anyone's business as long as the baby is happy and healthy.

I would think that type of talk to a mixed race couple would be on the no no list?

If you said that to a mixed race couple in your job for example, you might be signing on pretty quick.

Ceterosexual (also known as Allotroposexual, Enbysexual, or Idemosexual) previously known as Skoliosexual- is an orientation referring to someone who is exclusively attracted to non-binary and genderqueer people. Previous definitions also included transgender people.

Similar attractions include enbian, terraric galaxsexual, triasexual, and neusexual. Labels like lesbian and gay can also include non-binary people in their attractions.

How do these people keep track of all the terms used, considering how much they change, and include/exclude? *Also would love to know who makes up the term, and how that's decided.. Just bizarre.

It's an industry created by ultra left wing universities in the USA and elsewhere. Cultural marxism is another word for it. It's about undermining western society.

I'll try to find the two guys who deliberately submitting all these deliberately ridiculous papers for review to highlight the insanity.

anewme wrote: »
    I dont think they 'wondered" out loud though. And why would it be anyone's business as long as the baby is happy and healthy.

I would think that type of talk to a mixed race couple would be on the no no list?

If you said that to a mixed race couple in your job for example, you might be signing on pretty quick.

In fairness we don't know who said it, what was the intent or even if it was said at all. They also said that their son was blocked from being a prince because of his skin colour which is totally false.

Someone asking that question without malice doesn't deserve to lose their job or to have their entire family dragged through the mud.

To be honest I have much more sympathy for the Royal family and Meghan's Dad than I have for the couple. They seem pretty toxic.

• Advertisement

It's an industry created by ultra left wing universities in the USA and elsewhere. Cultural marxism is another word for it. It's about undermining western society.

I'll try to find the two guys who deliberately submitting all these deliberately ridiculous papers for review to highlight the insanity.

It's fine. I'm aware of them.

In fairness we don't know who said it, what was the intent or even if it was said at all. They also said that their son was blocked from being a prince because of his skin colour which is totally false.

Someone asking that question without malice doesn't deserve to lose their job or to have their entire family dragged through the mud.

To be honest I have much more sympathy for the Royal family and Meghan's Dad than I have for the couple. They seem pretty toxic.

Going on the assumption that it was said, it was inferred that it was said with negative intent.

Now you can believe them or not.

Whether you like then or not, theres no denying the press tried to do a hatchet job on them. Look at where there was analysis done on some photos of Kate and Megan, same type of photos but different taglines. It really showed a bias. Is it because of race? Maybe, maybe not, but it's there.

Piers Morgan has a personal vendetta against her. The weatherman this morning took him on over it and Piers legged it.

As regards what you can or cant say to people, people would really want to be careful, malicious or not. Wondering about the skin colour of a baby is ignorant at best and should be just, no!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Joe Biden has come out to congratulate Meghan on her "courage"

Yeah her "courage" in playing the victim, someone worth 100s of millions and will make a lot out of this interview, took a 30million wedding - but is "oppressed"

It's very worrying that this victimhood is being shown as a virtue, what is this saying to kids nowadays, what will they aspire to be ?

I really worry about what the adults of this planet will be like in 30 years time, who will be running the place ? what will the health service etc be like with a population of man children.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,201 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

There's a reddit forum for parents making up **** their kids say....

(What four year old even knows how much their parents earn?)

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Going on the assumption that it was said, it was inferred that it was said with negative intent.

Now you can believe them or not.

Whether you like then or not, theres no denying the press tried to do a hatchet job on them. Look at where there was analysis done on some photos of Kate and Megan, same type of photos but different taglines. It really showed a bias. Is it because of race? Maybe, maybe not, but it's there.

Piers Morgan has a personal vendetta against her. The weatherman this morning took him on over it and Piers legged it.

As regards what you can or cant say to people, people would really want to be careful, malicious or not. Wondering about the skin colour of a baby is ignorant at best and should be just, no!

All the people arguing against him talk about her "lived experience". Oprah asked her to speak "her truth".

Truth is never subjective. She was caught out telling one related lie. (Or she was very misinformed) Increases my skepticism a lot.

Even if there is a racist in the royal family, couldn't it have been dealt with privately?

And for her Dad, I really feel for the poor man.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,522 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

That's pitiful. No "everyone clapped" or link to Albert Einstein.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Cordell

NIMAN wrote: »
    I found it strange that her and her husband do EXACTLY the same job.

- We require 5 years of experience.
    - I have 1 years of experience and 4 years of maternity and stay at home mum, I fulfill your requirements and I demand to be hired and paid the same as everyone with 5 years experience

And for her Dad, I really feel for the poor man.

Funny how people see things differently. I did not find that man credible at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

rossie1977 wrote: »
    Wasn't one thread enough?

All the freaking problems on Earth right now and right wingers are focused on calling everything they don't like 'woke'

What problems should normal people be focussed on? You'll probbaly find theres a thread on boards for them that you can post in. Maybe you can find other threads that you can castigate posters for posting in instead of focusing on these unspecified topics that you feel are more pressing

Strikes me as an on odd way to carry on but you've made a start so have at it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Nokotan wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/TitaniaMcGrath/status/1369200018935152642

Not sure if this is right place for this but some people have created new sexuality called Super Straight and the replies to some of the comments on Twitter are very funny.

It has already been accused of being Nazi propaganda when clearly it's a piss take to highlight some potential hypocrisy from people.

I don't want to put this in the Gender Identity in Ireland thread as that's a serious discussion (probably, I've not read it) and this is in After Hours.

Along with the Babylon Bee that Titania McGrath account gets retweeted a lot by people who don't realise that it is satire

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

https://twitter.com/TitaniaMcGrath/status/1369200018935152642

Not sure if this is right place for this but some people have created new sexuality called Super Straight and the replies to some of the comments on Twitter are very funny.

It has already been accused of being Nazi propaganda when clearly it's a piss take to highlight some potential hypocrisy from people.

I don't want to put this in the Gender Identity in Ireland thread as that's a serious discussion (probably, I've not read it) and this is in After Hours.

Stockardchannigsexual, one for the (pink) ladies? ;)

Funny how people see things differently. I did not find that man credible at all.

Hmm, he lives close to them just over the border in Mexico. He brought her up as a single parent and funded her education. He has never seen his grandson. He seems in poor health and very depressed. I feel sorry for him.

So he's just after money and pity? That's what I don't find credible.

What's seems more credible is that the couple are spoilt brats who are damaging their respective fathers.

So he's just after money and pity? That's what I don't find credible.

What's seems more credible is that the couple are spoilt brats who are damaging their respective fathers.

He staged photos to make money off his own daughter and to cause drama.

I'm not sure that Harry and Meghan are not spoilt rotten, but its not all one sided.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

Along with the Babylon Bee that Titania McGrath account gets retweeted a lot by people who don't realise that it is satire

Yeah, the fact that people can think Titania McGrath could be a real person is indicative of what Twitter is like.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Yeah, the fact that people can think Titania McGrath could be a real person is indicative of what Twitter is like.

A lot of things that titania has tweeted has later happened. Such as skyscrapers being described as phallic.

It's quite clever satire as it's not that far away from reality.

He staged photos to make money off his own daughter and to cause drama.

I'm not sure that Harry and Meghan are not spoilt rotten, but its not all one sided.

He was being attacked by the press from all sides. He took an opportunity to present himself in a less negative light. I don't agree with what he did but I don't think he deserved to be disowned by his own daughter. The man doesn't look healthy at all, I hope they make amends. She should show her father more respect.

A lot of things that titania has tweeted has later happened. Such as skyscrapers being described as phallic.

I wonder how often the woke miss the satire?

Hmm, he lives close to them just over the border in Mexico. He brought her up as a single parent and funded her education. He has never seen his grandson. He seems in poor health and very depressed. I feel sorry for him.

He sold her out more than once. His own daughter.

He never once mentioned her mental health struggles or supported her.

Yet he was able to say he did not believe the Royals were racist, despite never meeting any of them.

He was rambling on about brits not being racist.

He should be putting his daughter first, no one could blame her staying away from him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Don't forget the Mary Poppins blackface ...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement