Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wokeism of the day *Revised Mod Note in OP and threadbanned users*

Options

Comments

jaxxx wrote: »
    Disgusting. So long freedom of speech, it was nice knowing you. Now if we don't subscribe to these kinds of so-called "progressive" doctrine, it's basically open season? The hypocrisy is unreal.

It isn't anything new. There's been plenty of examples in the States where the progressive crowd, have found people's personal details, and then, harassed them both online, and in front of their children.. simply because someone disagreed with their agenda.

It's horrible, and I genuinely hope such behavior is never tolerated over here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

That’s honestly bonkers. :eek:
    She's a very, very angry *bisexual who is distraught at being sidelined by colleagues at work because an actual transexual joined her work team and answered colleagues' curious questions without demands when the opportunity naturally arose instead of the tweeters shtick of barging in to lecture, patronise and demand to instruct the same colleagues in how to speak and act exactly as her humanities course told her.

*She actually said it was 'bisexual erasure' Nah love, it's your sh1tty personality being erased. I'm sure she's delighted with the few extra points she thinks she's gained in the oppression table.

I don’t get it. What are they afraid of? If the book is so bad, do they think the Irish public are too thick as mince to realise that and that we must be saved from ourselves?

Censorship. They want to remove all differing opinions. An uninformed population is more likely to meekly accept their promotional pieces, and drive for change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Censorship. They want to remove all differing opinions. An uninformed population is more likely to meekly accept their promotional pieces, and drive for change.

Well, I hope the Streisand effect happens, though hopefully that Twitter account isn’t influential enough to make a difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

I don’t get it. What are they afraid of? If the book is so bad, do they think the Irish public are too thick as mince to realise that and that we must be saved from ourselves?
    It's the review that kills this particualr 'union' the most - it wasn't dismissive or aligned enough = may mean it actually sells some copies = more people may open their eyes ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

That lads email is literally available on google :pac:

Who knew the world of irish book reviews was so fraught with rivilary.......looks to me,he's agitating to remove a professional rival through cancel culture and fake outrage

They are also not rivals and she has not engaged with him. He has tried to share her private email. She did nothing to him. She is also a very well established professional person and a literary editor for a couple of decades. He is a nobody.

Well, I hope the Streisand effect happens, though hopefully that Twitter account isn’t influential enough to make a difference.

Ditto.. but let's face it that the people who post this kind of crap will be part of a network of supporting viewpoints. So it'll be spread to the people who want to cancel the book, and might have the means to do it.

It's hard enough to sell any book in today's marketplace, without having a vocal online presence against you. (who may head off into the real world to take matters into their own hands. Trans activists have been known to get violent before in their protests.)

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭ingalway

Ditto.. but let's face it that the people who post this kind of crap will be part of a network of supporting viewpoints. So it'll be spread to the people who want to cancel the book, and might have the means to do it.

It's hard enough to sell any book in today's marketplace, without having a vocal online presence against you. (who may head off into the real world to take matters into their own hands. Trans activists have been known to get violent before in their protests.)
    This book was taken off all the shelves of Target in the US because they got 1, possibly 2, complaints from TRAs that the book was transphobic. As usual whoever handled the complaint panicked and they went into cover their arse mode very fast. When a grown up from the company looked at it the book was reinstated. Gave it great free publicity. Lets hope the same happens here and people who would never have heard of the book go and buy it, or at least get a glimpse into the madness of what is going on in trans rights activism.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,169 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Or, thinking you're saving the planet, while actually having very little impact on things, same as the whole 'personal carbon footprint' farce

https://twitter.com/andrwfhenderson/status/1187386101960454146

0ggiy8lchyb61.png

#staywoke

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Save the planet, get STD

image.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Cyclonius

biko wrote: »
    Save the planet, get STD

image.jpg

Hopefully a few scares will lead people to taking a few more pre-cautions, or otherwise, depending on what they caught, it might be a case of Darwinism in action, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Its all a bit 1940's catholic church kind of vibe, isnt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

have we had #MultiracialWhiteness yet? it looks like a form of cognitive dissonance

https://twitter.com/BachnakJohn/status/1350957994582953988

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

0ggiy8lchyb61.png

#staywoke
    They missed the single biggest impact one person(well two) can have on the environment, have one less child. But no, we're told we must have more people. Ireland has embraced this, to the degree of wanting to import people to get the numbers up. It's insane. To what end? To keep endless and unsustainable growth going?

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Biker79

The dichotomy is that only economic growth will facilitate the innovation required to solve the problems of economic growth.

Taking the foot off the gas at this stage will ensure a much worse outcome.

This explains the general reticence among governments to yield to climate alarmism and also why The US under Trump pulled out of the Paris agreements.
    The Biden administration will now undo that work and will give China a competitive advantage in alternative energy generation, such as solar panels.

Not something you might expect Wokies to grasp. :rolleyes:

Wibbs wrote: »
    They missed the single biggest impact one person(well two) can have on the environment, have one less child. But no, we're told we must have more people. Ireland has embraced this, to the degree of wanting to import people to get the numbers up. It's insane. To what end? To keep endless and unsustainable growth going?

It's just really tough to know which one to give back. :(

Was this not based on dodgy science too though?..I actually think it's an awful thing to encourage people not to have children..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

The standard of woke labour politicians is in England is really bottom of barrel. They care more for criminals than hard working law abiding citizens. Check out this video of them discussing deportations of criminals while trying to make it look like it's racism , even though the vast majority of the deportees are white Europeans .

https://youtu.be/NLDp0ZL5ics

• Registered Users Posts: 5,787 ✭✭✭Cordell

That double jeopardy argument is BS, deportation is not a punishment, not a denial of a right, but just a removal of a privilege.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Was this not based on dodgy science too though?..I actually think it's an awful thing to encourage people not to have children..
    Why though? If the population of the world magically halved tomorrow the difference in emissions and environmental impact would be substantial. Half the cars, half the food, half the energy, half the consumerist churn and so on. The risks of disease and things like famines would be reduced too. It's not as if a reduced population would stymie innovation either. Consider the city state of Athens which was massively instrumental in forging the modern world contained about the same number of people as a GAA final in Croke Park. Renaissance Florence not much more.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Gruffalux wrote: »
    It's just really tough to know which one to give back. :(

Well... there is always Battle Royale.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Why though? If the population of the world magically halved tomorrow the difference in emissions and environmental impact would be substantial. Half the cars, half the food, half the energy, half the consumerist churn and so on. The risks of disease and things like famines would be reduced too. It's not as if a reduced population would stymie innovation either. Consider the city state of Athens which was massively instrumental in forging the modern world contained about the same number of people as a GAA final in Croke Park. Renaissance Florence not much more.

Ah I see what we are doing wrong we should be bring the brightest minds to Dublin not the county GAA team and their bumpkin followers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,169 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Hundreds of writers and book agents sign joint letter demanding publishing industry bans Trump memoir

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-election-2020/publishers-trump-memoir-ban-book-deal-b1788904.html

Barry Lyga, a novelist who organised the letter, wrote that "As members of the writing and publishing community of the United States, we affirm that participation in the administration of Donald Trump must be considered a uniquely mitigating criterion for publishing houses when considering book deals.”

• Registered Users Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Hundreds of writers and book agents sign joint letter demanding publishing industry bans Trump memoir

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-election-2020/publishers-trump-memoir-ban-book-deal-b1788904.html

Barry Lyga, a novelist who organised the letter, wrote that "As members of the writing and publishing community of the United States, we affirm that participation in the administration of Donald Trump must be considered a uniquely mitigating criterion for publishing houses when considering book deals.”

The art of the steal.

The tide is turning…

They are just fcuking eegits at this stage. Considering how many died in the Middle Eastern wars and people like Bush, Blair, Obama, Clinton, European leaders, all of whom played their parts over long years, can write and laud themselves ad infinitum - and people practically dribble with worship if they come into company with some of them. Just pure gobshytes. I can hardly bear the thoughts of these kind of people anymore, the ones who are literally deranged about stupid old Trump - fed up of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,010 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

The world could do with a good cull...thankfully covid is on the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

How it started / how its going

111111111.jpg222222222.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,815 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I was looking at a few articles regarding the storming of the capitol just there in order to post in another thread, and something just struck me.

Previously, I would have Googled, got an article, read it, maybe checked a few others depending on the situation, and moved on. The actual author never came into my mind as something to consider. But now I'm finding myself looking at the authors pictures, and if I see a black person I am now fully expecting some kind of BLM/anti-white nonsense in the article (and usually right by todays standards). Now, that itself doesn't make me racist (although I'm sure some will say I am because of this), but this is something I never did before. The wokeness and BLM and all that is actually starting to instill racism in me.

I'm doing my best to avoid, well, society in general, but that thought process I now have did not exist even a couple of years ago. In general, I don't read that much unless I want to research it or need some links or something, so maybe The Great Google is using their algorithms to only put those kinds of articles in my searches. Who's to say. Even on here, there are very few names I recognise as I really don't care who posts what. I just don't care much for the author unless I'm really interested in something. At the end of the day when it comes to articles, it's usually some fact and loads of personal opinion, which is why I never cared.

I know how to fix this though. I'm just gonna stop reading articles. Safest way. This crap is also leaking into gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

I was looking at a few articles regarding the storming of the capitol just there in order to post in another thread, and something just struck me.

Previously, I would have Googled, got an article, read it, maybe checked a few others depending on the situation, and moved on. The actual author never came into my mind as something to consider. But now I'm finding myself looking at the authors pictures, and if I see a black person I am now fully expecting some kind of BLM/anti-white nonsense in the article (and usually right by todays standards). Now, that itself doesn't make me racist (although I'm sure some will say I am because of this), but this is something I never did before. The wokeness and BLM and all that is actually starting to instill racism in me.

I'm doing my best to avoid, well, society in general, but that thought process I now have did not exist even a couple of years ago. In general, I don't read that much unless I want to research it or need some links or something, so maybe The Great Google is using their algorithms to only put those kinds of articles in my searches. Who's to say. Even on here, there are very few names I recognise as I really don't care who posts what. I just don't care much for the author unless I'm really interested in something. At the end of the day when it comes to articles, it's usually some fact and loads of personal opinion, which is why I never cared.

I know how to fix this though. I'm just gonna stop reading articles. Safest way. This crap is also leaking into gaming.

or if their bio pic looks anything like this, you could predict 90% of their opinions without knowing anything else :pac:

539946.jpg

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement

Must admit it never crossed my mind..

38206784-0-image-a-12_1611073757186.jpg

https://www.reuters.com/article/netherlands-sexism-playingcards/king-toppled-from-throne-by-gender-neutral-card-deck-idUSL8N2JU35E

Indy Mellink, a Dutch card fan, was explaining a game to her cousins last summer when she asked herself: why should a king be worth more than a queen?

The 23-year-old forensic psychology graduate, encouraged by her father, decided it was time to break with the centuries-old tradition of sexual inequality in playing card decks that rank men above women.

“If we have this hierarchy that the king is worth more than the queen then this subtle inequality influences people in their daily life because it’s just another way of saying ‘hey, you’re less important,” she said in an interview. “Even subtle inequalities like this do play a big role.”

After a lot of trial and error, she designed a genderless deck in which the images of a king, queen and jack were replaced with gold, silver and bronze.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement