Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

It is criminal how FF/FG have ran the Health System into the ground for years now, I agree

yes it is , ive seen it first had most people have ,

its also criminal what your crowd have been at since they were created you agree im sure ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

FG just voted to hide away what happened them poor women who had their babies snatched, killed, abducted and treated like animals. They are also forcing the ladies of the cervical check scandal to jump through hoops to get answers.

We can all do what about

Not sure of the cervical check bit but the first part of this post is a foolish lie. Turns out the confidential condition is a consequence of the 2004 Act and no-one "just voted" to "hide away what happened" More stupid Sinn Fein propaganda

• Registered Users Posts: 27,272 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

You do realise our previous president was a lady for Northern Ireland (Irish as you and me)

You do realise that that doesn't have any bearing on the point he made about the Act?

• Registered Users Posts: 67,228 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

blanch152 wrote: »
    You do realise that that doesn't have any bearing on the point he made about the Act?

You do realise Randy is waffling about 'citizenship and Acts' when nobody was talking about that?

You do realise Randy is waffling about 'citizenship and Acts' when nobody was talking about that?

Yes, of course, the fanciful notion that everyone born on the island of Ireland (a concept not in any legislation) is automatically Irish, but that everyone born on the British Isles (a concept not in any legislation) is not automatically British.

All in all, a rather silly debate, which Randy brought some sense to with reference back to the actual citizenship legislation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

Truthvader wrote: »
    Not sure of the cervical check bit but the first part of this post is a foolish lie. Turns out the confidential condition is a consequence of the 2004 Act and no-one "just voted" to "hide away what happened" More stupid Sinn Fein propaganda

Really........

"the Oireachtas is not bound to follow the 2004 act, which was never the appropriate legislation to base an inquiry into "grave and systematic human rights abuse", according to Dr Maeve O'Rourke, director of the Human Rights Law Clinic at NUI Galway."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Yes, of course, the fanciful notion that everyone born on the island of Ireland (a concept not in any legislation) is automatically Irish, but that everyone born on the British Isles (a concept not in any legislation) is not automatically British.

All in all, a rather silly debate, which Randy brought some sense to with reference back to the actual citizenship legislation.

North Men, South Men comrades all
    Dublin, Belfast, Cork and Donegal
    We're one the one road singin along
    Singin' a Soldier's Song

blanch, if you want to call yourself 'British' you go right ahead.

The name of this island is Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

You do realise Britain is only three countries and the British Isles is a British colonial term for a large group of islands sitting in western Europe, a term which the Irish government doesn't even recognise.

North Men, South Men comrades all
    Dublin, Belfast, Cork and Donegal
    We're one the one road singin along
    Singin' a Soldier's Song
    blanch, if you want to call yourself 'British' you go right ahead.

The name of this island is Ireland.
    grayzer75 wrote: »
    You do realise Britain is only three countries and the British Isles is a British colonial term for a large group of islands sitting in western Europe, a term which the Irish government doesn't even recognise.

Once again, well done and thanks guys, for proving the point I made.
    All in all, a rather silly debate, .

• Advertisement

Really........

"the Oireachtas is not bound to follow the 2004 act, which was never the appropriate legislation to base an inquiry into "grave and systematic human rights abuse", according to Dr Maeve O'Rourke, director of the Human Rights Law Clinic at NUI Galway."

Please provide a link to that statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Please provide a link to that statement.

Twitter thread here.

https://twitter.com/maeveorourke/status/1315984352279437313?s=19

Once again, well done and thanks guys, for proving the point I made.

:):) Poor Mark and you, reduced to trying to pretend that people(other than those living in regret for the demise of the 'Empire') still use the term 'British Isles'. :)

Mark even posted twice that it is used 'officially' and then scarpered when asked to back that up. :) Didn't even know that his own party won't even use it in government. :):)

:):) Poor Mark and you, reduced to trying to pretend that people(other than those living in regret for the demise of the 'Empire') still use the term 'British Isles'. :)

Mark even posted twice that it is used 'officially' and then scarpered when asked to back that up. :) Didn't even know that his own party won't even use it in government. :):)

Marks in Australia, he's gone all colonial on us I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭rdwight

Il be in Tallaght stadium at 2pm getting ready to watch European Football, take my mind off the people getting failed by Govt again

Good luck to them. I've watched LOI on and off since Johhny Fullam was playing for Rovers and Jimmy Hasty was playing against them and Dundalk's performance against Legia Warsaw a few years ago was as good a performance by a LOI team that I can remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Really........

Post the full quote. The usual flakey half truth from the usual source.

The point she was making is that the Oireachtas can enact new legislation - which is exactly what is being considered. As a matter of fact/law the Oireachtas (and everyone else) is bound by the 2004 Act, though it is no surprise that Sinn Fein fans should post misleading half quotes to confirming that anyone can ignore the law if it suits. Then again given the Sinn Fein IRA record on obeying the law. no surprise

McMurphy wrote: »
    Marks in Australia, he's gone all colonial on us I reckon.

Default to attacks on posters when argument is lost.

A silly debate that you started blew up in your face once the farce of default identity by geography was exposed.

A silly debate that you started blew up in your face once the farce of default identity by geography was exposed.

No, I think the two guys presenting a colonial phrase as something that is officially used or relevant, now have to do something reminiscent of children when they lose: i.e. rant about it being 'a silly debate anyway'.

:)

You think that's an "attack" ?

Why:confused:
    No, I think the two guys presenting a colonial phrase as something that is officially used or relevant, now have to do something reminiscent of children when they lose: i.e. rant about it being 'a silly debate anyway'.

Going home with the ball, cos it's theirs.

I did not present any colonial phrase, and did not portray anything as officially used.

There was a nonsensical post put up that said by default anybody born on this island was automatically Irish by geographical default despite this being neither officially used nor relevant. It was laughable.

I responded to the effect that using such a silly approach also meant that everyone born on the British Isles, by the same criteria used in the nonsensical post, was British, and that everyone born in Jerusalem was Israeli etc. At no time did I say it was officially used, and its relevance was equal to the irrelevant point made in the nonsensical post.

Your arse was handed to you on this silly debate you started.

• Advertisement

I did not present any colonial phrase, and did not portray anything as officially used.
    You introduced an obsolete phrase to the debate. Describing it as 'the accepted geographical descriptor of this archipelego' oblivious to the fact that our government refuses to use it. :)

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114990723&postcount=2631
    There was a nonsensical post put up that said by default anybody born on this island was automatically Irish by geographical default despite this being neither officially used nor relevant. It was laughable.

What do you call people born on the island of Ireland?
    I responded to the effect that using such a silly approach also meant that everyone born on the British Isles, by the same criteria used in the nonsensical post, was British, and that everyone born in Jerusalem was Israeli etc. At no time did I say it was officially used, and its relevance was equal to the irrelevant point made in the nonsensical post.

Your arse was handed to you on this silly debate you started.

It was Mark who claimed twice, in posts thanked by you, that it was used officially.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115001137&postcount=2696

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115001397&postcount=2699

I know the two of you desperately want the debate to end and are huffily heading home with the ball, but you aren't getting away with lying about how much you were prepared to demean yourself and self deprecate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

Anyway still no update on Mary Lou's legger from NPHET.....

did Sinn Féin send someone else to the meeting as a replacement?

Anyway still no update on Mary Lou's legger from NPHET.....

did Sinn Féin send someone else to the meeting as a replacement?

She stated on a online Q and A for the Sinn Fein party she had personal reasons for leaving and made it known beforehand she wouldn't be at the full meeting

Do you want her to send you a PM?

You introduced an obsolete phrase to the debate. Describing it as 'the accepted geographical descriptor of this archipelego' oblivious to the fact that our government refuses to use it. :)

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114990723&postcount=2631

What do you call people born on the island of Ireland?

It was Mark who claimed twice, in posts thanked by you, that it was used officially.

Just a few examples from recent weeks of the use of British Isles

https://www.somersetcountygazette.co.uk/news/18804423.tarmac-british-isles-somersets-answer-morning-weather-map/

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/oct/21/uk-clocks-go-back-2020-change-no-extra-drinking-time

https://ulsterherald.com/2020/09/25/omagh-man-competing-to-become-mr-british-isles/

I picked the most entertaining references for your dilection. Far from obsolete.

Yes, there is no official recognition by Ireland of the term British Isles, but equally there is no official recognition by Ireland that everyone born on this island is Irish by geographical default.

Edit: Oh I forgot, the thanks analysis is back, it was funny the last time when I started randomly thanking posts and someone accused me of racism or something for having thanked a post.

Just a few examples from recent weeks of the use of British Isles

https://www.somersetcountygazette.co.uk/news/18804423.tarmac-british-isles-somersets-answer-morning-weather-map/

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/oct/21/uk-clocks-go-back-2020-change-no-extra-drinking-time

https://ulsterherald.com/2020/09/25/omagh-man-competing-to-become-mr-british-isles/

I picked the most entertaining references for your dilection. Far from obsolete.

Yes, there is no official recognition by Ireland of the term British Isles, but equally there is no official recognition by Ireland that everyone born on this island is Irish by geographical default.

Edit: Oh I forgot, the thanks analysis is back, it was funny the last time when I started randomly thanking posts and someone accused me of racism or something for having thanked a post.

Sinn Féin on the membrane

She stated on a online Q and A for the Sinn Fein party she had personal reasons for leaving and made it known beforehand she wouldn't be at the full meeting

Do you want her to send you a PM?

I can hear it now:

Q: Mary-Lou, how do we explain on boards your disapperance from the NPHET briefing?

A: Well, you could say that I had personal reasons for leaving, that covers a lot, oh and that I told them I wouldn't be at the full meeting. Obviously don't say that I was bored or couldn't get the gist of it, I don't want to look a fool.

Say what?

As bizarre replies go, that is right up there.

I can hear it now:

Q: Mary-Lou, how do we explain on boards your disapperance from the NPHET briefing?

A: Well, you could say that I had personal reasons for leaving, that covers a lot, oh and that I told them I wouldn't be at the full meeting. Obviously don't say that I was bored or couldn't get the gist of it, I don't want to look a fool.

https://youtu.be/pVWuy_-oSy0

https://youtu.be/pVWuy_-oSy0
    Il be in Tallaght stadium at 2pm getting ready to watch European Football, take my mind off the people getting failed by Govt again

I can tell you that if I was sitting in Tallaght Stadium getting ready to watch European Football, I wouldn't be bothered responding to your posts. You seem more than a little obsessed, not only heading to a match four hours early, but spending your time when you should be enjoying yourself, being petty on an internet discussion board.

• Advertisement

I can tell you that if I was sitting in Tallaght Stadium getting ready to watch European Football, I wouldn't be bothered responding to your posts. You seem more than a little obsessed, not only heading to a match four hours early, but spending your time when you should be enjoying yourself, being petty on an internet discussion board.

Eh mate no supporters are allowed in, only staff and volunteers and stewards. As a steward for these games we have to be in the ground well before the game

Will be a boring few hours but watching you rant about Mary Lou and Sinn Féin every 2nd post and defend whatever the Govt do in the other posts will keep me entertained

Very bitter since Mary Lou led Sinn Féin to a historic election result and showed what a real leader is like in an election, not resort to what about SF like FG did or FF are doing

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement