Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,291 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Is Michael calling for Colum Eastwood to resign? We know FG have no responsibility, as up there is overseas. :)

NI is run by a 5 party executive. If you know what you are talking about here, outline exactly how SF specifically (or if you wish to use your allies in opposing a UI - The DUP) could have avoided the delays at Altnagelvin?

Give us a detailed 'how to' please.

I don't have allies in the DUP.

However, I do remember you being on these boards for months stating that a national government was the only way to deal with a crisis. Now you are saying that a national government up North is not able to deal with the virus. Typical hypocrisy.

It is also a cheap way of avoiding responsibility. Explain to me how a three-party coalition can perform so much better than a five-party coalition. What is it about two extra parties that makes it so impossible to do?

Is it the SF position that schools, universities and crèches should close?

Yes, that is their position and they expressed it around ten days after they were calling for bookies and pubs to stay open.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,258 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

blanch152 wrote: »

However, I do remember you being on these boards for months stating that a national government was the only way to deal with a crisis. Now you are saying that a national government up North is not able to deal with the virus. Typical hypocrisy.

It is also a cheap way of avoiding responsibility. Explain to me how a three-party coalition can perform so much better than a five-party coalition. What is it about two extra parties that makes it so impossible to do?

The north is run by an executive - it's 'government' sits in Westminister. Read slowly - THERE IS NO COMPARISON.

The north is run by an executive - it's 'government' sits in Westminister. Read slowly - THERE IS NO COMPARISON.

Terminology means nothing, the substance is that they have the powers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Of course there is a comparison.
    The north is RUN by an executive, you said it yourself there.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Yes we are doing so much better, just a text to 2500 odd people saying contact your own close contacts cause our Govt failed to deliver people to do this job which they promised would be in place. Add in the leader and health minister never even knew about it.

They are shouting about the amount tests they are doing, pointless without the tracing aswell which we have been told from the start.

One of the party's leaders is in hiding since his teenage tantrum at NPHET came back to bite him in the arse.

Mícheál is trying his best, but is just not up to it. He is an honest man (apart from his what about SF style he has taken up recently)

Eamonn may aswell be smoking green than leader of the Greens for the use he is.

Alls rosy down in the Free State here, no issues at all. Others are worse so we are doing fine

We have enough ICU beds and hospital capacity to get us though the winter. Cancer treatment is back at 100% as well as other Health services, business will be back on 1st Dec and not in and out of lockdown for months.... Oh sorry I got it wrong, we have none of that

Terminology means nothing, the substance is that they have the powers.

So, you were asked to outline how a single party in the executive could affect change.

When you are ready.

So, you were asked to outline how a single party in the executive could affect change.

When you are ready.

In the same way that a single party in the coalition Government down here can affect change, simple as that.

How do you do it? By force of logic, by force of reason, by persuasion, the same way that anyone in a partnership or management group does it. Your admission of failure on the part of Sinn Fein in achieving such change in the Executive bodes really badly for any participation in government in the South. Your claim that there is nothing they can do also shows their inability to be a team player and strongly makes the case that both FF and FG were correct to rule them out as a workable partner in government.

If Sinn Fein can't work in the Executive, there is no chance of them being a suitable coalition partner.

In the same way that a single party in the coalition Government down here can affect change, simple as that.

How do you do it? By force of logic, by force of reason, by persuasion, the same way that anyone in a partnership or management group does it. Your admission of failure on the part of Sinn Fein in achieving such change in the Executive bodes really badly for any participation in government in the South. Your claim that there is nothing they can do also shows their inability to be a team player and strongly makes the case that both FF and FG were correct to rule them out as a workable partner in government.

If Sinn Fein can't work in the Executive, there is no chance of them being a suitable coalition partner.

Well we have seen FF and FG can't work together so it's time for SF love.

Roll on next election, people will not forget this shambles for months, or them trying to hide the mother and babies scandal or them putting the cervical check ladies through hell just to get answers

Yes we are doing so much better, just a text to 2500 odd people saying contact your own close contacts cause our Govt failed to deliver people to do this job which they promised would be in place. Add in the leader and health minister never even knew about it.

They are shouting about the amount tests they are doing, pointless without the tracing aswell which we have been told from the start.

One of the party's leaders is in hiding since his teenage tantrum at NPHET came back to bite him in the arse.

Mícheál is trying his best, but is just not up to it. He is an honest man (apart from his what about SF style he has taken up recently)

Eamonn may aswell be smoking green than leader of the Greens for the use he is.

Alls rosy down in the Free State here, no issues at all. Others are worse so we are doing fine

We have enough ICU beds and hospital capacity to get us though the winter. Cancer treatment is back at 100% as well as other Health services, business will be back on 1st Dec and not in and out of lockdown for months.... Oh sorry I got it wrong, we have none of that

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-54631285

So 2,500 in Ireland only get a text, 4,000 completely missed in Northern Ireland and the rest only getting texts.

You have to be realistic here, every government, every health service, every public sector in the world is under strain and struggling to deal with the pandemic. Ours is doing relatively well. In an ideal world, it could be better, but we don't live in an ideal world, so we have to compare.

• Advertisement

Well we have seen FF and FG can't work together so it's time for SF love.

Roll on next election, people will not forget this shambles for months, or them trying to hide the mother and babies scandal or them putting the cervical check ladies through hell just to get answers

Sorry, we haven't seen FF and FG not working, in fact, as I keep pointing out, our country's performance in relation to Covid-19 has been relatively good, everything from the level of social payments to the numbers being contact traced are better than our nearest neighbours who operate in very similar conditions.

I never made the claim 'there is nothing they can do'. You once again made that claim for me.

Now, when you are ready, please tell us how a single party in the Executive specifically can bring about change.

Let me give you a for instance:

A single party puts forward a motion that 'Northern Ireland fully aligns with an all island health policy'.

Tell us how a party can get that adopted, by force of argument you say?

What was wrong with the argument made by those who supported this and why did it not succeed?

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-54631285

So 2,500 in Ireland only get a text, 4,000 completely missed in Northern Ireland and the rest only getting texts.

You have to be realistic here, every government, every health service, every public sector in the world is under strain and struggling to deal with the pandemic. Ours is doing relatively well. In an ideal world, it could be better, but we don't live in an ideal world, so we have to compare.

If other places are doing as good does not mean our Govt cannot be held to account.

This is not about Northern Ireland. You blamed the funeral in Belfast 3 months ago for cases in Cavan this week, your some character il give you that

Sorry, we haven't seen FF and FG not working, in fact, as I keep pointing out, our country's performance in relation to Covid-19 has been relatively good, everything from the level of social payments to the numbers being contact traced are better than our nearest neighbours who operate in very similar conditions.

Yes we are on top of nursing homes, hospitals are fine, loads icu capacity, scandals every week from Govt, ministers keeping things from each other, HSE keeping things from ministers, one minister saying one thing another saying another, not enough tracers available despite hundreds thousands out of work, student nurses been forced work full time with no pay, thousands civil servants not working as no facility for them to work but getting paid,

A fine job all round before you mention Golf events

Yes we are on top of nursing homes, hospitals are fine, loads icu capacity, scandals every week from Govt, ministers keeping things from each other, HSE keeping things from ministers, one minister saying one thing another saying another, not enough tracers available despite hundreds thousands out of work, student nurses been forced work full time with no pay, thousands civil servants not working as no facility for them to work but getting paid,

A fine job all round before you mention Golf events

Happy days for you dd, you'll have loads of time now for boards!

Happy days for you dd, you'll have loads of time now for boards!

Il be in Tallaght stadium at 2pm getting ready to watch European Football, take my mind off the people getting failed by Govt again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭christy c

If other places are doing as good does not mean our Govt cannot be held to account.

Hold them to account by all means, but in this case you and others seem to be holding them to a higher standard than the people you actually vote for.

Mary Lou left a NPHET briefing early, did she or her party explain why? Everyone bar the PBP disagreed with the level 5 recommendation 2 weeks ago, yet we don't see the same venom directed at them from some posters.

Il be in Tallaght stadium at 2pm getting ready to watch European Football, take my mind off the people getting failed by Govt again

Good man, and good luck in the game BTW.

christy c wrote: »
    Hold them to account by all means, but in this case you and others seem to be holding them to a higher standard than the people you actually vote for.

Mary Lou left a NPHET briefing early, did she or her party explain why? Everyone bar the PBP disagreed with the level 5 recommendation 2 weeks ago, yet we don't see the same venom directed at them from some posters.

She had personal reasons for leaving I believe, its none of my or your business what these reasons were.

I disagreed with SFs stance on level 5 and have no problem saying they were wrong.

It's the fact no matter what FF/FG and the Greens do, they get defended on here that they are doing the correct thing and if they have no answer they shout Sinn Féin

Good man, and good luck in the game BTW.

I think we will need more than luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

She had personal reasons for leaving I believe, its none of my or your business what these reasons were.

Had she? Any link to this?

I disagreed with SFs stance on level 5 and have no problem saying they were wrong.

It's the fact no matter what FF/FG and the Greens do, they get defended on here that they are doing the correct thing and if they have no answer they shout Sinn Féin

It's been pointed out that all that's being done has broad agreement politically.
    But the soothsayers are still not happy.
    The political oneupmanship doesn't help for sure and dilutes the message that the rules need to be followed.
    I don't agree with level 5, but will follow it to the letter.
    There have been and will continue to be mistakes made as live changes in the virus response evolve all the time and hindsight is 2020.
    Being a footie fan yourself you will know well how many times a ref gets blamed for defeat, sort of equates to the current crisis.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

I think this post outlines why theres no point in trying to reason with blanch152, Hasnt. Got. A. Clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭christy c

Personal reasons, has she stated that? If the leader of the largest party cannot stay for a meeting on the most important issue in the world, then I think she owes the electorate an explanation.

So they were wrong on level 5, why are they not getting the abuse that is being directed at other parties?

No different to other parties then, you will see plenty defended no matter what

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Randy Archer

Rubbish.

People born on the island of Ireland are Irish and can choose to identify as they wish.

Section 6A of the Irish Nationality and Citizenship Act 1956 as amended begs to differ , bigly

Also, anyone born in the South under Section 6 (Section 6A) does not apply) can only be considered as Irish and no other group (unless their parent is foreign)

Nordies who can claim be be Irish as of birth have zero rights to participate in the Irish democratic system unless they live in the 26 counties - a key right for any citizen

Mod

1 day ban for breach of threadban.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

FG also ruled out going into government with SF as SF don’t recognise the State or the constitution. They also have a serial killer as a TD. That sort of thing.

FG also ruled out going into government with SF as SF don’t recognise the State or the constitution. They also have a serial killer as a TD. That sort of thing.

FG just voted to hide away what happened them poor women who had their babies snatched, killed, abducted and treated like animals. They are also forcing the ladies of the cervical check scandal to jump through hoops to get answers.

We can all do what about

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

just like you and the bots boys do every time another skeleton crawls out from under the shinner shroud

blind faith in a corrupt criminal group really isn't it

Section 6A of the Irish Nationality and Citizenship Act 1956 as amended begs to differ , bigly

Also, anyone born in the South under Section 6 (Section 6A) does not apply) can only be considered as Irish and no other group (unless their parent is foreign)

Nordies who can claim be be Irish as of birth have zero rights to participate in the Irish democratic system unless they live in the 26 counties - a key right for any citizen

You do realise our previous president was a lady for Northern Ireland (Irish as you and me)

• Advertisement

mynamejeff wrote: »
    just like you and the bots boys do every time another skeleton crawls out from under the shinner shroud

blind faith in a corrupt criminal group really isn't it

It is criminal how FF/FG have ran the Health System into the ground for years now, I agree

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement