Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekends Boxing 22/8 (Whyte v Povetkin, Taylor v Persoon, Alvarez v Smith Jr etc)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,518 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

If the bruises And swelling tell a story Katie won well!

Persoon won’t be on any catwalk tommorow!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,939 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Great respect from Persoon there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭taytobreath

Persons face is way more damaged than katies

• Registered Users Posts: 54,961 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Great respect from Persoon there.

Yeh..

Getting g in the running away dig at Katie..

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭ikeano29

theballz wrote: »
    As much as I hate to say it, Taylor lost that fight.

Them two judges need there heads checked

Even Persoon knows she lost it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

squinn2912 wrote: »
    People giving it to Taylor easy were very quiet during the fight. Gimme a break

I didn’t post once during the fight cause I was watching it. Does that invalidate my opinion?

accensi0n wrote: »
    I'm confused, don't know much about boxing but watched most of that fight and your one smashed Katie... no?

Your first few words ring true, so!!!😅

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭Coybig_

I'm confused, don't know much about boxing but watched most of that fight and your one smashed Katie... no?

What did she actually land? She barely landed a clean shot. She just threw so many punches that a small few of them leaked through. When Katie threw, she usually connected.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,939 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

walshb wrote: »
    Yeh..

Getting g in the running away dig at Katie..

Not sure it was too much of a dig, she said something along the lines of if you don't catch and hurt her she is gone too.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

Not really. A lot of pressure but not much clean work landing from persoon. Katie had much more quality punches land.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭megadodge

I had Katie winning 7-3, maybe 6-4.

She definitely won. The betting exchanges had her odds on at the end.

Persoon is incredibly tough. Nothing but respect for her. Her desire is incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭Tandey

You don’t get points for the volume of punches you throw or for hitting arms.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,338 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Defensive?

No, I prefer some actual analysis, that is all..

Anyway, you seem not to have it..

There you go again. It’s funny that half the Sky panel had Persoon winning but you’d know a lot more than them I’m sure. Fight coulda even been called either way. Telling analysis from Joshua.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

You are slating the judge based off a couple rds here..

Can you give the rounds where he was so off?
    take you pick from the 4th round on.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Person was wrestling and punching while holding Katie down. Happened too often in the fight.

Well done Katie.

Persoon probably made a nice sum of money too.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Feenix

Shes not going to lose on points in New York & shes definitely not going to lose on points in Eddie Hearns back garden. Persoon is unlucky of course but she probably knew she had to stop her before letting it go to the judges.

fullstop wrote: »
    There you go again. It’s funny that half the Sky panel had Persoon winning but you’d know a lot more than them I’m sure. Fight coulda even been called either way. Telling analysis from Joshua.

Have you got a card or not?

Sky commentators?...😅

7-3 Taylor me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,518 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Not bad from Katie. That time she spent boxing with Team GB has really paid off.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭corny

Womens boxing has a long way to go.

The Belgian girl was game but astonishingly crude and ineffective.

Taylor clearly has some ability but i'd be disappointed that for long spells she didn't know how to deal with her opponent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

Anyone who thinks Katie won that fight doesn’t know boxing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

I had it 5-5 myself. Can understand the 96-94 scores but the 98-93 I just didn't see.

UrbanFret wrote: »
    take you pick from the 4th round on.

Yes. I will..

Katie won several rds from 4-10

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Whoooo Hoooo !!!! Great win for Taylor. That first judge must have fallen asleep with that wide margin he gave.IMO I thought Persoon shaded it.

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭megadodge

I was watching it on a dodgy stream with foreign commentary, which is perfect, as you don't have the influence of the commentators' opinion.

Did Sky commentators have Persoon in front? Because I can't see how she could have won it. Massive workrate, but very few punches landed cleanly. Katie's work cleaner and more eye-catching. Her defense was also vastly superior.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭ikeano29

Now, need Whyte to win inside the distance for a tasty double. Had katie on points

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭REBELSAFC

I had Katie by 3. She started well and won the first two comfortably enough then went 3-1 up. It would have taken a huge improvement from Persoon to win the last 6 rounds by clear three rounds and while she came back into it a bit, she didn't win any rounds that clearly.

megadodge wrote: »
    I was watching it on a dodgy stream with foreign commentary, which is perfect, as you don't have the influence of the commentators' opinion.

Did Sky commentators have Persoon in front? Because I can't see how she could have won it. Massive workrate, but very few punches landed cleanly. Katie's work cleaner and more eye-catching. Her defense was also vastly superior.

You know nothing about boxing...

Even if this analysis is spot on..😅

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭Coybig_

That's possibly the most embarrassing take yet.

Last I checked boxing scoring was about technique and actually landing clean shots.

Persoon swung her arms like a windmill and walked forward like the Terminator, but all she hit was arms and air. Quality, not quantity.

Advertisement