Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekends Boxing 22/8 (Whyte v Povetkin, Taylor v Persoon, Alvarez v Smith Jr etc)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,724 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

. Will we hear about a Whyte injury now by way of an excuse?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭taytobreath

Wow what an uppercut

• Registered Users Posts: 17,335 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

A classic out before he hit the canvas KO.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,162 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Please god Whyte fooks off for good now..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭squinn2912

. Will we hear about a Whyte injury now by way of an excuse?

Nah it’ll be “that’s hw boxing”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

walshb wrote: »
    This is not a shock..

Whyte is not great..

AP is hardy, and can punch..

AJ blasted Whyte a few years ago, and plodder Del Boy almost beat him..

Yet he was pure bossing it until a shot out if nowhere. Povetkin was looking in trouble and put everything into that shot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

****, like whyte, straight talker unlike aj

• Registered Users Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭ebbsy

What a perfect punch.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,724 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

This is not a shock..

Whyte is not great..

AP is hardy, and can punch..

AJ blasted Whyte a few years ago, and plodder Del Boy almost beat him..

This is why i picked Povetkin to win. Whyte has rode his luck in past fights.

deisedevil wrote: »
    Yet he was pure bossing it until a shot out if nowhere. Povetkin was looking in trouble and out everything into that shot

Actually, the shot was almost nonchalant. Beautiful technique and natural power...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

I feel really bad for Dillian, they have f**ked him over every which way bar give him his shot at the title. He's taken every single risky fight they have thrown at him and eventually one of them was going to go bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Feenix

Persoon interview was fairly telling. She admitted she was beat. Couldn’t catch her clean and broke her nose in the second. She threw bucket loads but was barely landing clean.

Maybe but she’s also just had a massive pay day. She went mental the first time because she was hard done by and probably thought she wouldn’t get another big fight. It wouldn’t have been wise for her to lose the plot again tonight but she a right to, she might have lost but the scorecards were way off.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,985 ✭✭✭normanoffside

That's Dylian Whyte's standard. He really was never any good.

This is why i picked Povetkin to win. Whyte has rode his luck in past fights.

Yes. Good call, and one I was agreed with, albeit I picked Whyte..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,597 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Barry White would have done better

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Whyte was boxing nicely, taking his time didn’t look as wild as usual. Povetkin is always dangerous though, lovely uppercut.

I feel really bad for Dillian, they have f**ked him over every which way bar give him his shot at the title. He's taken every single risky fight they have thrown at him and eventually one of them was going to go bad.

Get out of it..

His best win is Del Boy for chrissake...

Please god Whyte fooks off for good now..

I think we need one final grudge match with Chisora. Live on PPV of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,791 ✭✭✭corny

Beautiful shot.

Whyte didn't look recovered at all in the ring.

Kudos to Povetkin for keeping his wits about him after hitting the deck twice.

That was predictable but shocking when it happened. Saying that whyte is muck etc now is a bit unfair in my book he fought well and looked like he was going to finish it. The punch was against the run of play but that’s boxing. Whyte is worth a title shot even if I don’t think he’ll win it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭megadodge

That was an absolute beaut of an uppercut.

Clean as a whistle. One of the best KOs I've seen in quite some time.

squinn2912 wrote: »
    That was predictable but shocking when it happened. Saying that whyte is muck etc now is a bit unfair in my book he fought well and looked like he was going to finish it. The punch was against the run of play but that’s boxing. Whyte is worth a title shot even if I don’t think he’ll win it

People have been saying he is muck years..not now!!!

What?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Get out of it..

His best win is Del Boy for chrissake...

You get out of it!

On merit, whether you like his style or like him, he deserved a title shot.

So where does Povetkin go now?

What?

Correction :

I misread your post..

He is not good. Muck might be too strong, but just nothing near great.

AP is a few years past it as well..

Oh. Yes I know. It depends what the measurement is. He doesn’t compare to Tyson or any of those you mentioned. On what’s there now he’s up there after the big 3. I thought povetkin was finished fair play to him

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

That has to be my favourite knockout in the last few years. He’s always been some man for the angles Povetkin. It’s that split second where he realises where Whyte’s right arm is but stops himself from throwing the body shot that would seem more obvious, waits those couple of split seconds to wait for the arm to move out of his way and bring the chin back into sight, and then bam, hits the cleanest of uppercuts you’ll ever see. Good night and good luck.

He really didn't look great at any stage of his career. I'm glad now that he won't mess with Fury vs the Joshua or Wilder fights. He really never had a chance and was just being a stopping block.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Tandey

Rematch will be had unfortunately.

• Advertisement

People criticise AJ a heap on here..

He took both these lads out!!!!

Advertisement