Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE 1: 'Today' with Claire Byrne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,944 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Saw a lovely house in caher square,a cancellation 660,sat →sat at end of June I think. Great price for a modern 4bed house

Does it have a roof :):)

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,044 ✭✭✭✭neris

Dempo1 wrote: »
    This story is quite extraordinary. Investment funds buying up entire housing estates. I get its a minefield on how to deal with this but it makes a mockery of first time buyers.

Theres a development going up ion Howth in Dublin of a few hundred apartments, they are only clearing the site now but the developer has been trying to flog the finished apartments off to investment funds for the last while. Its easier for apartment builders to flog a job lot then individual units to joe public

I was in a great mood, this next feature is bound to change that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Does it have a roof :):)

Stunning house, seriously,Google caher square.

neris wrote: »
    Theres a development going up ion Howth in Dublin of a few hundred apartments, they are only clearing the site now but the developer has been trying to flog the finished apartments off to investment funds for the last while. Its easier for apartment builders to flog a job lot then individual units to joe public

Yes, I do appreciate that and don't have the answer's, I know developers under severe financial pressure to sell, just a mess of a situation really and won't help the housing crisis unless of course we become a nation of tenants.

• Advertisement

Strokes for the boys and girls

• Registered Users Posts: 15,356 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Can’t believe what I’m hearing

Stephanie preissner got money from Anne Rabitte FF minister - her fiancé is the same ministers special advisor !?

Stunning house, seriously,Google caher square.

Yes, only kidding, good price in fairness, I wonder what I'd get for my humble 250 year old cottage in the slieve bloom mountains :)

I'll throw in some Turf but don't tell Eaom Ryan :)

Stephanie preissner got money from a FF minister - her fiancé is the same ministers special advisor !?

It's just outrageous

Stephanie preissner got money from a FF minister - her fiancé is the same ministers special advisor !?

It would be difficult to make it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭touts

I'd have had a lot of respect for Stefanie Preissner.

Not any more. Another snout in the trough sucking up taxpayers money thanks to her boyfriend giving her a job.

€290 million, mother of God, jesus Mary and Joseph and the wee donkey

€290m in 2½ years...at least ;)

4m from Department of Education !! Jesus

4m from Department of Education !! Jesus

Norma Foley "FRINGE" Benifits :)

I missed that figure for envelopes ?

€60k + to a professor for evidence, WTF!!

Jesus wept, calling an expert one thing but 100"s of million on PR, this is just appalling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭golondrinas

It would be difficult to make it up.

Stephanie is an influencer and comedy writer. Not much comedy for the Irish taxpayer in this. Didn’t think one would need comedy to influence a person with disability. Maybe she has empathy for them €6000 worth ��

Is Anne still junior minister for disability?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭RINO87

I did not hear the piece today, but was there something else to it? Didnt this story about Rabitte/Preisner emerge in early april?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭archfi

Hazel Chu on again later.
    I find this really odd - by-election up to six months away and yet again, this low position politician gets another slot on RTE Radio's flagship morning current affairs (well, it was once a flagship)

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

archfi wrote: »
    Hazel Chu on again later.
    I find this really odd - by-election up to six months away and yet again, this low position politician gets another slot on RTE Radio's flagship morning current affairs (well, it was once a flagship)

Lots to "Chu" on I suspect :) I suspect the only interest is the predictable spat that will occur with Eamonn Ryan, he might need to be woken up for the interview, god bless him

Bizzare notion, drive through vacinnes, what about the pre consultation and 15 minutes wait after dose? Seems a very strange idea

Only in America :)

Ah, An Post and another price increase. Just like their postal service, they've "delayed" the increase. I recieved Christmas cards in late February, sent mid December, not once did I recieve these mysterious free post cards, not once have I recieved government info on Covid-19. Its not as if I've a new house, my cottage 250 years old FFS!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,921 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Was i dreaming (entirely possible!), or did this Post Office lady not give a comprehensive interview earlier this morning on Morning Ireland??

Is a second interview really warranted only a couple of hours later?

If it was a different radio station I could understand, but on the same station?

And anyway, "business increases charges" shocker - not. That's inflation, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,626 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Who is turning up at their pharmacy looking for the vaccine ??

Vested interest sowing seeds of confusion with Claire content to allow this without question.

Next up a post master about the 10c increase....

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Was i dreaming (entirely possible!), or did this Post Office lady not give a comprehensive interview earlier this morning on Morning Ireland??

Is a second interview really warranted only a couple of hours later?

If it was a different radio station I could understand, but on the same station?

And anyway, "business increases charges" shocker - not. That's inflation, no?

No, I believe it was the CEO, and he claimed next day delivery gaurenteed, so I suspect the post mistress will be getting a call (letter might take to long) :)

Infoanon wrote: »
    Who is turning up at their pharmacy looking for the vaccine ??

Vested interest sowing seeds of confusion with Claire content to allow this without question.

Next up a post master about the 10c increase....

Are Pharmacies doing Vacinations? Just curious, I didn't think they were

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,921 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

No, I believe it was the CEO, and he claimed next day delivery gaurenteed, so I suspect the post mistress will be getting a call (letter might take to long) :)

Even if it wasn't the same person (I was three-quarters asleep listening to MI), the same topic twice in three hours is a bit overkill, for a routine business charge increase over a year after it was proposed!

Advertisement