Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE 1: 'Today' with Claire Byrne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,822 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Are Pharmacies doing Vacinations? Just curious, I didn't think they were

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,290 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Infoanon wrote: »
    Who is turning up at their pharmacy looking for the vaccine ??

Vested interest sowing seeds of confusion with Claire content to allow this without question.

Next up a post master about the 10c increase....

Was just about to post about that guy

Completely transparent lobbying for the pharmacy’s - which is his job I suppose but really it was dispiriting to hear it

He was almost sneering at vaccination centres and complaining that the HSE Havnt contacted him.

Came across so badly

• Registered Users Posts: 26,932 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Even if it wasn't the same person (I was three-quarters asleep listening to MI), the same topic twice in three hours is a bit overkill, for a routine business charge increase over a year after it was proposed!

Yes, 100% agreed, clearly a slow news day, albeit Hazel Chu likely to change that later :)

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Yes, 100% agreed, clearly a slow news day, albeit Hazel Chu likely to change that later :)

Looking forward to hearing her views and proposals on climate change and things like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,290 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Just on the pharmacy guy you got the sense he was almost hoping the hse make a balls of the vaccination system so that he and his cronies can swoop in and take over

All for an extortionate fee of course !!

• Advertisement

sligojoek wrote: »
    Looking forward to hearing her views and proposals on climate change and things like that.

I'm not :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭golondrinas

Was just about to post about that guy

Completely transparent lobbying for the pharmacy’s - which is his job I suppose but really it was dispiriting to hear it

He was almost sneering at vaccination centres and complaining that the HSE Havnt contacted him.

Came across so badly

Wouldn’t you be jealous. Irish Doctors getting €60 per two jabs. GB doctors £ 12.50 per jab. Doctors union don’t want them butting in on their sweet deal.

Wouldn’t you be jealous. Irish Doctors getting €60 per two jabs. GB doctors £ 12.50 per jab. Doctors union don’t want them butting in on their sweet deal.

There'll be some bill when all this over.

Pfizer reporting massive profits from Vacinnes, Testing Centre's, Vacinne centre's, Garda O/T bills, Covid supports etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,624 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Are Pharmacies doing Vacinations? Just curious, I didn't think they were

No they are not ,there is not enough supply for the primary locations as it is.

Guess who the vested interest was speaking on behalf of.....

Makes so much sense, force your children to do something they don't want to do??????

• Advertisement

Infoanon wrote: »
    No they are not ,there is not enough supply for the primary locations as it is.

Guess who the vested interest was speaking on behalf of.....

I was just curious and yes agreed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 riewomann

All this talk of teamwork is somewhat ironic, given the imminent arrival of the chu chu train.

I deal with call centre support based in Mumbai, spoke to some contacts and mother of God some horrific stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,822 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Makes so much sense, force your children to do something they don't want to do??????
    In the case of getting/keeping children involved in sport and physical activity, then yes, absolutely.

I'm not sure they used the word "force" though. Bit of hyperbole on your part, maybe?

There'll be some bill when all this over.

Pfizer reporting massive profits from Vacinnes, Testing Centre's, Vacinne centre's, Garda O/T bills, Covid supports etc etc

The shutdown has been osting the country over €1 bn per month, in Exchequer costs alone. That doesn't include the cost to business and GDP.

We could treble the amount of money spent on vaccination and it would still save us money, if it meant recruiting enough vaccinators. This is one case where haggling is not helpful. We saw the disastrous delay that had on procuring vaccines in the first place. The phrase 'penny wise, pound foolish' springs to mind.

Every unnecessary extra day of lockdown means approximately €60m lost to the Exchequer – you and I.

I'd be more than happy to pay the pharmacists and let them add to the effort.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    In the case of getting/keeping children involved in sport and physical activity, then yes, absolutely.

I'm not sure they used the word "force" though. Bit of hyperbole on your part, maybe?

Perhaps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭EddieN75

Hazel Chu is on.

Good opportunity to throw the radio into the river

Lol, I'd say Eamonn more likely said Go & F*** O** :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,583 ✭✭✭archfi

I wonder will Claire ask Hazel anything about policies that she supports or has thought of herself?
    ...About anything, like.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

archfi wrote: »
    I wonder will Claire ask Hazel anything about policies that she supports or has thought of herself?
    ...About anything, like.

Not at all, Claire only interested in stirring a hornets nest

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 riewomann

Here's something to mull on.

This person is never going away, never.

Only interested in self promotion, anything blocking their path will be labelled sexism/racism.

I'm out, goodbye Claire.

• Registered Users Posts: 66,973 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Just what the Greens need, another self interested self promoter who doesn't know what they stand for.

Usual gender driven drivel

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭Shelga

Hazel: "Catherine will be supporting any woman running for this election."

Great to know that having a vagina is literally the only thing required!

This self-serving chancer sets feminism back 50 years, I seriously cannot stand her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Mav11

Well, I suppose if she does run and gets elected, DBS will get the representation it deserves!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,624 ✭✭✭Infoanon

The shutdown has been osting the country over €1 bn per month, in Exchequer costs alone. That doesn't include the cost to business and GDP.

We could treble the amount of money spent on vaccination and it would still save us money, if it meant recruiting enough vaccinators. This is one case where haggling is not helpful. We saw the disastrous delay that had on procuring vaccines in the first place. The phrase 'penny wise, pound foolish' springs to mind.

Every unnecessary extra day of lockdown means approximately €60m lost to the Exchequer – you and I.

I'd be more than happy to pay the pharmacists and let them add to the effort.

The issue is supply ,paying pharmacists to give the vaccine solves nothing when there is no vaccine to give. The distribution rate of vaccines received is above 90%.

The argument about haggling is ignoring the fact that we are a very small country in world terms and we were arguably better off bein in the EU bloc then outside of it. If you compare us to the rest of the world ,excluding the UK,we are doing pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭golondrinas

Shelga wrote: »
    Hazel: "Catherine will be supporting any woman running for this election."

Great to know that having a vagina is literally the only thing required!

This self-serving chancer sets feminism back 50 years, I seriously cannot stand her.

She forgot to throw in diversity with gender. She’s excited , like any other narcissist trying to get a leg up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭Shelga

She forgot to throw in diversity with gender. She’s excited , like any other narcissist trying to get a leg up.

She faltered when Claire asked her what makes her a better candidate than Claire Byrne (that bit was a tad confusing:pac:)- couldn't give anything tangible that she has achieved, beyond "I'm already Lord Mayor and I work with local bodies"- that was literally it.

So because you're already in a position you're not deserving of, we should make you a TD?? Maybe you belong in FF, Hazel? Or literally any party where you see a chance to promote yourself further. Reminds me of Groucho Marx- "these are my principles, and if you don't like them, I have others"- does anyone seriously think that Hazel wouldn't jump ship to any party that would have her, if she could be guaranteed career progression?

I've been admiring Cian O'Callaghan the last few days with him asking all the right questions about housing- glad he's my TD and glad I voted for him! I couldn't give a flying f**k what he has between his legs!

Hazel needs to recognise that the people who are sitting at home with mammy and daddy at nearly 40 are not thinking "yippee, at least I'm represented by a woman!"

Shelga wrote: »
    She faltered when Claire asked her what makes her a better candidate than Claire Byrne (that bit was a tad confusing:pac:)- couldn't give anything tangible that she has achieved, beyond "I'm already Lord Mayor and I work with local bodies"- that was literally it.

So because you're already in a position you're not deserving of, we should make you a TD?? Maybe you belong in FF, Hazel? Or literally any party where you see a chance to promote yourself further. Reminds me of Groucho Marx- "these are my principles, and if you don't like them, I have others"- does anyone seriously think that Hazel wouldn't jump ship to any party that would have her, if she could be guaranteed career progression?

I've been admiring Cian O'Callaghan the last few days with him asking all the right questions about housing- glad he's my TD and glad I voted for him! I couldn't give a flying f**k what he has between his legs!

Hazel needs to recognise that the people who are sitting at home with mammy and daddy at nearly 40 are not thinking "yippee, at least I'm represented by a woman!"

Print that **** out and send it in. Couldn't have put it better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

There would be different skin and hair flying is SOR was still around.

Advertisement