Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE 1: 'Today' with Claire Byrne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Dempo1 wrote: »
    I'm certainly not suggesting NPHET and Government have gotten everything right but I'd be more inclined to listen to Ronan Glynn over that mouthy Murphy. This absurd nonsense referring to the Midlands lockdown during the summer needs to stop. I live there, there was no lockdown, absolutely no increase in restrictions, certainly no increase in garda presence and Meat factories etc remained opened. It was a complete farce with only Pubs and Restaurants closed apart from the ridiculous takeaway concept.

I agree. It was the wrong decision back then to have county specific restrictions and it would be wrong now. Hundreds of thousands of people cross county borders every day for work and other essential travel. Add in shops, restaurants and pubs opened in other counties and that intercounty travel would jump way higher.

Just to demonstrate the stupidity on the LOK lockdown, a journalist was on this show at the time and outlined how he was in Offaly but not in the electoral areas where cases where high. He lived close to Athlone but due to restrictions would have to travel to Tullamore instead to pick up certain essential items. So instead of travelling from area on low infection to another close by area of low infection he would have to travel to an area of higher infection further away. How does that make sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,087 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

It hardly seems a week/2 weeks/3 weeks/4 weeks etc etc since they were talking about what's on TV for the weekend :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,976 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Poor Claire, she's very easily overwhelmed, I'm generally underwhelmed with these critics and indeed show so far.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

elperello wrote: »
    A certain L Cohen RIP blows your theory out of the water.

There's an exception to every rule :)

Mind you, he only started doing it when he was seriously old.

Curious the US sent 4 million vacinnes to Mexico a day after Michael Martin dropped a hint etc etc at the annual cringe enducing St. Patrick's love in (albe remotely this year), MM must be feeling quite the tulip, undying friendship, special relationship and all that complete S*****

• Advertisement

Thank god it wasn't a hairy Pus*** she got :)

O dear God the squeaky munchkin in is back

• Registered Users Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭boardise

Curious the US sent 4 million vacinnes to Mexico a day after Michael Martin dropped a hint etc etc at the annual cringe enducing St. Patrick's love in (albe remotely this year), MM must be feeling quite the tulip, undying friendship, special relationship and all that complete S*****

We shouldn't get ahead of ourselves here. Mexico is a huge country neighbouring the US with all kinds of ties and treaties .We don't know if these vaccines were already designated for Mexico .
    For a country of our size we exert disproportionate influence but we can't reasonably expect super powers to constantly place our concerns among their highest priorities.

boardise wrote: »
    We shouldn't get ahead of ourselves here. Mexico is a huge country neighbouring the US with all kinds of ties and treaties .We don't know if these vaccines were already designated for Mexico .
    For a country of our size we exert disproportionate influence but we can't reasonably expect super powers to constantly place our concerns among their highest priorities.

Yes I get all that, just a little sarcasm

Hang on a moment, is this minister not aware Click and collect is open, Argos, Woodies, Screwfix, country life, mobile phone shops FFS, there's even a book stores open, Centra, supervalue also offer this service

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Shame Woss ;)

This ongoing FG/SF spat is tiresome

• Registered Users Posts: 4,644 ✭✭✭Infoanon

How could anyone who is working from home think that they would be back in the office on April 5th ? - Claire seems to have great difficulty with understanding .

Shane Ross is talking a lot of sense , Damien is doing very well and is very capable of dealing with Claires stupid 'Joe Duffy' style questions.

Louise has cut back on the interrupting - Damien is now shredding SF on their duplicity.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,286 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Damien is cutting O’Reilly a new one.

Amazing the number of people who ‘contact’ her....

Infoanon wrote: »
    How could anyone who is working from home think that they would be back in the office on April 5th ? - Claire seems to have great difficulty with understanding .

Shane Ross is talking a lot of sense , Damien is doing very well and is very capable of dealing with Claires stupid 'Joe Duffy' style questions.

Louise has cut back on the interrupting - Damien is now shredding SF on their duplicity.

Hmmm, I wouldn't agree Damien doing that well but in fairness, defending Leaky Leo is quite the Burden

The document was not, repeat not in the public domain, silly, school boy error Damien

You mentioned recently that this ‘spat’ was tiresome.

But this childish name calling is even more tiresome.

Throwback from the Water Charges......It’s getting very childish and wearying.

Shane Ross at least is talking a bit of sense along with Damien.

For once it’s not everyone against English.

Damien English well able to stand his ground this morning, well briefed and confident on Covid.

The only criticism would be where has he (and others) been for the last few weeks.

On the leak he came a bit unstuck but that might have been by design - so cynical.

Good Man Brendan, never miss a chance to defend all things FG, How would you rate Damien"s performance today? Pretty bad would or wouldn't you say, I'd say poor Leaky Leo cringing at the moment :)

Infoanon wrote: »
    Damien English well able to stand his ground this morning, well briefed and confident on Covid.

The only criticism would be where has he (and others) been for the last few weeks.

On the leak he came a bit unstuck but that might have been by design - so cynical.

Confident on Covid? seriously? I'd have to disagree, sadly he along with other FG politicians resort back to that old chestnut SF bashing to deflect and NO, I'm no supporter of SF, With regard to Leaky, best thing Damien could have done is acknowledge the 'criminal investigation" and just stop talking, he's now made it even worse, claiming the offending document was in the public domain is an outright porky, he knows it, the dogs on the street know it.

• Advertisement

Good Man Brendan, never miss a chance to defend all things FG, How would you rate Damien"s performance today? Pretty bad would or wouldn't you say, I'd say poor Leaky Leo cringing at the moment :)

My friend, Damien is the only one who can see through the SF tactics, so I’d say he did very well.

Do us a solid though, you don’t enhance your sometimes intelligent posts with those foolish nicknames.

Leave that kind of rubbish for those who think it’s edgy.......ta ta

My friend, Damien is the only one who can see through the SF tactics, so I’d say he did very well.

Do us a solid though, you don’t enhance your sometimes intelligent posts with those foolish nicknames.

LOL, Damien is actually the constituency TD we're I work, perhaps you could speak to your friend and advise he's not endearing himself locally and certainly not in the business community, you know the one he's supposed to be overseeing, see you over at the Leo and the Village Thread

LOL, Damien is actually the constituency TD we're I work, perhaps you could speak to your friend and advise he's not endearing himself locally and certainly not in the business community, you know the one he's supposed to be overseeing, see you over at the Leo and the Village Thread

I presume he’s not waffling for wherever the current issue is and promising the sun moon and stars to everybody.

I presume he is watching the big picture and paying attention to that.

That way I can confidently say he is doing a good job.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,174 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Yes, 'foolish nicknames', indeed,. edgy stuff alright. Who would be bothered with that carry on?

Yes , you have a few points there Randle, even Stanno was nipped by it, and as you know more light comes out of a black hole in deep space than that party.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=116495801&postcount=9080

Yes, 'foolish nicknames', indeed,. edgy stuff alright. Who would be bothered with that carry on?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=116495801&postcount=9080

You’ve posted a few pathetic posts in your time,Francie, but that was one of the lamest.

I bet that’s one you’d like to take back.

You’ve posted a few pathetic posts in your time,Francie, but that was one of the lamest.

I bet that’s one you’d like to take back.

You use nicknames all the time Brendan but then have a pop at somebody else because they nicknamed a FGer.

Rumbled.

You use nicknames all the time Brendan but then have a pop at somebody else because they nicknamed a FGer.

Rumbled.

Not derogatory ones Francie.

Not those stupid descriptors used by the Water Crowd applied to people.

Trying to get trending on Twitter.

Sorry Francie... oops Francis.....don’t waste data on this one Francis, but if you insist, the Brenner won’t be found behind the ditch.

:cool:

Not derogatory ones Francie.

Not those stupid descriptors used by the Water Crowd applied to people.

Trying to get trending on Twitter.

Sorry Francie... oops Francis.....don’t waste data on this one Francis, but if you insist, the Brenner won’t be found behind the ditch.

:cool:

What's 'derogatory' about nicknaming someone for something they freely confessed to doing? Leaking a document.

What's 'derogatory' about nicknaming someone for something they freely confessed to doing? Leaking a document.

Francis, rabbit holes.... nah.

See you around dude.

• Advertisement

Confident on Covid? seriously? I'd have to disagree, sadly he along with other FG politicians resort back to that old chestnut SF bashing to deflect and NO, I'm no supporter of SF, With regard to Leaky, best thing Damien could have done is acknowledge the 'criminal investigation" and just stop talking, he's now made it even worse, claiming the offending document was in the public domain is an outright porky, he knows it, the dogs on the street know it.

I agree with you about the leak - more intrigued in the why?, Damien English threw that comment in about the document knowing that it was misleading - Claire didn't correct him - no surprise, Louse didn't really capitalIse on the open goal but I feel this was a calculated comment for the bigger picture down the road ... .Simon Coveney push against Leo .

Advertisement