Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE 1: 'Today' with Claire Byrne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,109 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I'm just surprised she's back at work.

Was expecting her to be off til next Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

It was a case of metaphoric hairdresser radio turning into actual hairdresser radio

• Registered Users Posts: 33,109 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Irelands only child psychologist David Coleman is on with CB today, again!

One NKM client looking out for another. The NKM stranglehold on rte continues it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭amlinopta

New year's financial planning with Eoin McGee or maybe some fitness with Karl Henry probably just around the corner to complete the NK-Claire hat trick

• Registered Users Posts: 10,419 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Claire giving Francie from the IFA a bit of a grilling this morning. The times are changing for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,957 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Who was that Paschal guy? I just caught the last couple of minutes.

Entertaining debate between Pascal Taggart and Michael of the Greens re building on public parks in Dublin to provide reasonable accommodation for essential PS workers etc.

Michael was shown up as a complete NIMBY - God the idea of apartments in public parks! But Pascal as a complete hypocrite, when he refused point blank to consider same apartments on some of the numerous golf courses in Dublin!!

If Pascal really wanted to get a dig in, he should have added one of these new asylum centres for the park as well - lovely place to live, good as Killarney any day. Rub shoulders with the Aras etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭RINO87

Regarding the situation in Roscrea....aside from the protests at the local hotel, I'll leave that where it is, but Claire had a local councilor on there that mentioned a "dysfunctional" Garda station in Roscrea. Claire shut him, and the conversation down immediately, and read a statement handed to her stating Roscrea station is a 24 hour station, 15 Gardai and an inspector etc....

It's no wonder people are angry. Roscrea station has long had well known staffing issues, the public office opens for 2 hours a day, at night the town is covered from Nenagh station, and when a local representative wants to discuss this its just end of conversation. Roscrea Garda station has been dysfunctional for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,044 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Heard that. A strange interjection. Have the Gardai command been on to RTE?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

it's the same all over, I'm in a town of 5000 several hundred asylum seekers/refugees . can't get a doctors appointment, garda presence in the town is non existent.

the politicians are damned either way because if the pour more resources in then it will be "why didn't you do that before" so I guess nothing will change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,515 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Great to hear about mobile homes and planning on land. Pavee Point welcome this move.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,515 ✭✭✭✭zell12

"we do not want these being put up willy nilly.." 😄

Anyone else having issues with streaming RTE this morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭robo

Yep its not working on the RTS Radio app or the Radioplayer app - strange one

Just keeps playing a snippet of Paschal interview here on the APP and Alexa

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭I see sheep

Who's fecking sniffling into the mic ffs?

The bould Patrick I think - Christ I hope he's not in the studio with his nose leaking like that.

Another one sided lecture to the Irish public, 3 lined up so far.

Jaysus, even with the cold - that O'Donovan lad is some dose in every sense of the word.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭golondrinas

Hard to take Roisin seriously. Her party who put forward a failed asylum in England for election here. The asylum seeker was told to skip over to Ireland where she’d never be sent home. She’s still here!. Has been up for assault here.

There is a strong whiff of the dictator off O'Donovan.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,374 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Tough old game politics all the same.

You'd write off her long career in politics on the basis of one mistake by her party.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭golondrinas

Politicians that won’t/ don’t do due diligence tend to get found out. It was the Sunday Times who broke the story. A little background check on the chancer was all it took. I take it you think we should take in Britains failed asylum seekers. I don’t approve of open borders. Why should anyone from anywhere go through the proper channels only to see people unvetted skip in before them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,374 ✭✭✭✭elperello

You "take it" wrong.

My post was about Roisin Shortall.

But never mind you managed to shoehorn what you want to talk about into the conversation.

Water problems in Dublin & Cork.

Oh if only people were wise and realised they needed to fund their water supply. One of the few taxes/ charges that actually made sense. Shot down by incompetence from FG and political opportunism from elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭touts

It has been raining constantly for weeks but she says Reservoirs are running low already. We're fucked in the summer. Time to buy a couple of barrels and hook them up to the gutters so at least I can flush the toilets in the summer. And I'll be adding a 5lt bottle of water to every weekly shop between now and the summer and keeping them under the stairs

It's clearly thoughtless overuse and waste at the heart of the supply problem. Which is precisely why all those installed meters were put in, with a view to focusing people's minds on what they use daily. Give something away free and no-one gives a toss. The Greens should have been all over this but too cowardly to take it on. Lost their chance now anyway.

Claire trying to downplay her earnings!!!!!! She was third highest paid on the list for 2022, operating from the shed.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,112 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

I would not let this lot (RTE) anywhere 'Govt funded support' as based on their m.o. John Q Taxpayer would be cornholed big time.

JQT would have little or no control over funding unlike the license fee arrangement.

You'll have noticed that anytime there's an interview recently with a political representative, the subject of funding for RTE arises. And the government funding idea for some reason seems popular with the presenters.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,112 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

I certainly have, and would be concerned that an outfit like RTE who over the years have displayed a serious talent for profligacy and also to ‘stovepipe’ all that goes on in Montrosia would get their paws on the taxpayers Euron lobbed into their begging bowl every year with no effort.

Some of the wedges spaffed out to George Lee, Miriam O’Callaghan, et al are an example.

Some of the management decisions and general ‘dealings’ done by the workforce out there(especially the on air lot)

would lead one to believe that they are a law unto themselves.

They need someone with courage to stand on their necks and ensure JQT isn’t taken to the cleaners again.

I don’t see any one around …..

• Advertisement

George Lee is some case, isn't he? No wonder he shelved the idea of being a politician pronto. He's on the pigs back for sure.

Advertisement