Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas 2020 purchases

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,255 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Bought these really cute Christmas cards online from a girl in Kildare - attaching the details for her, in case anybody is interested in supporting her :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,423 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

This arrived today!
    portmeirion-wnqa79011-xg-wrendale-gathered-around-bauble-1_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Slime Princess

Thanks for the ideas!

Our now 4 year old never really bothered with messing with the tree. This little fella is a completely different story, he'd definitely pull it down every chance he got. And then try to eat bits.

The tree would normally go on the other side of the room from where the playpen is guarding the tv (we can't wall mount the tv) so we're going to have to move lots of furniture around to put the tree close enough to where the tv area to avoid having to buy a second playpen as they're pricey enough for something that's probably not going to be used after.

But I really cannot be doing with moving furniture around so my next Xmas 2020 purchase might be a second playpen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

leahyl wrote: »
    Bought these really cute Christmas cards online from a girl in Kildare - attaching the details for her, in case anybody is interested in supporting her :-)

Oh I love them!Especially since they feature the green post box :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Thanks for the ideas!

Our now 4 year old never really bothered with messing with the tree. This little fella is a completely different story, he'd definitely pull it down every chance he got. And then try to eat bits.

The tree would normally go on the other side of the room from where the playpen is guarding the tv (we can't wall mount the tv) so we're going to have to move lots of furniture around to put the tree close enough to where the tv area to avoid having to buy a second playpen as they're pricey enough for something that's probably not going to be used after.

But I really cannot be doing with moving furniture around so my next Xmas 2020 purchase might be a second playpen.

That made me giggle as I suspect #2 is going to make me eat my words about ignoring the tree.....much more of a daredevil:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭tscul32

Someone posted a question about toddlers and trees on a FB group I'm on and had it explained by a few perfect parents that all you have to do is explain to the child that it's out of bounds and all will be well. Obviously they didn't have kids of the "if I can taste it, break it, climb it....I will" variety.
    I used to just put a couple of chocolate decorations close to the bottom so they'd be distracted by them instead of the real decorations. Replace every few days and the tree would sometimes survive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Delighted with myself got myself and a pal an Irish make up pallet today

Got my nail girls present too, plus a birthday present for a pal for this week, as well as one of my other pals totally finished now with her gifts productive afternoon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Thanks for the ideas!

They go up pretty regularly second hand. Put a shout out to family too, you never know!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,258 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

In relation to Santa’s presents, a friend of mine sends her Santa presents to my house so no little elf’s will find them or no postmen or couriers can catch her out. Just an idea for anyone with little elf’s :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

It's very generous of you to offer to have everybody's Santa presents delivered to your house. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Autosport wrote: »
    In relation to Santa’s presents, a friend of mine sends her Santa presents to my house so no little elf’s will find them or no postmen or couriers can catch her out. Just an idea for anyone with little elf’s :)

We usually use my parents house for this since elves got old enough to start asking questions. However they are getting work done on their house this year so had to get sent here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭dave 27

Hi all, anyone know anywhere doing nice christmas tree decorations? (not putting it up yet but want to get sorted!), also maybe a runner for the stairs.

Im living in Dundalk so maybe somewhere in the area?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Hey guys, a little request here, in particular to the people who've already done alot of their Christmas Present Shopping, our Christmas Gift idea forum has had a bit of traffic over the past couple weeks so if anyone has a head for present buying they might pop over there and help out our elves in need :)

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1301

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

• Registered Users Posts: 10,083 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

jellybear wrote: »
    Just bought this https://www.dunnesstores.com/p/wooden-reindeer/7137289?colour=Natural

I was in two minds but when I saw that it lit up I had to have it!
    Also bought a pair of Christmas pjs :)

I ordered this too and collected it today. It's much bigger than I expected but I love it! Thanks for the heads up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭jellybear

Caranica wrote: »
    I ordered this too and collected it today. It's much bigger than I expected but I love it! Thanks for the heads up

My order was cancelled due to no stock but my sister found it in store for me :) I said the exact same, so much bigger than I thought! Definitely worth the price!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,226 ✭✭✭✭DvB

The wife's gifts all sorted as of this evening.... pricey but phew!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

DvB wrote: »
    The wife's gifts all sorted as of this evening.... pricey but phew!

Any ideas. I’m struggling here :-/

Loughc wrote: »
    Any ideas. I’m struggling here :-/

She dropped a massive hint.... "I could really use some more of my favourite perfume, its nearly all gone"

She loves chanel.no.5 which is far from cheap, so one large bottle of that just ordered. We'd normally pick up scents etc on holidays but that didn't happen this year so there was a bit of an open goal there.

I ordered her some books too. Cecelia Aherne's sequel to ps i love you and another by Cathy Kelly.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement

DvB wrote: »
    She dropped a massive hint.... "I could really use some more of my favourite perfume, its nearly all gone"

She loves chanel.no.5 which is far from cheap, so one large bottle of that just ordered. We'd normally pick up scents etc on holidays but that didn't happen this year so there was a bit of an open goal there.

I ordered her some books too. Cecelia Aherne's sequel to ps i love you and another by Cathy Kelly.

This is too funny as I got her perfume and 2 books one by Ceclia Ahearne and another by Cathy Kelly.

Perfume and books are my go to gifts I need some thing different as well.

This is too funny as I got her perfume and 2 books one by Ceclia Ahearne and another by Cathy Kelly.

Ah here, this is getting scary LOL.

I'll pick herself up a bottle of Disaronno too, as she loves that as well.

Jewellery the other traditional fall back, but I rarely go there as a surprise nowadays as my Mrs is incredibly fussy.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

There's a few irish brands of electronic diffusers and of course candles.

Stuff from the white company always goes down a treat here too. They do some pretty good kits otherwise stuff individually. Can be worth buying on UK site and/or wait till black Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Are you sure you lads aren’t married to the same woman?? :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Some stocking fillers sorted, 20% off.... some ideas from the late late show tonight...https://www.kilkennyshop.com/brand

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Some stocking fillers sorted, 20% off.... some ideas from the late late show tonight...https://www.kilkennyshop.com/brand

Lovely stuff here I want it all for myself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭matchthis

Saw these snowflake tea light holders online weeks ago, but then disappeared. Came across them doing the shop this morning, was so surprised, it’s the little things :D

72-AFEDEE-F894-4663-B0-D4-899-A2-E15-E2-BF.jpgakeno wallpaper

While I waited outside the vet this morning to collect my dog after her annual bits and bobs, I went into the pharmacy for a little browse (not even 5 mins) as it was very quiet inside, just the staff in there. Picked up two lovely little Christmas decorations :) a snow globe, and a tiny battery operated village. They depict scandi style winter scenes with just a hint of Christmas characters so they get a free pass for November :D

matchthis wrote: »
    Saw these snowflake tea light holders online weeks ago, but then disappeared. Came across them doing the shop this morning, was so surprised, it’s the little things :D

72-AFEDEE-F894-4663-B0-D4-899-A2-E15-E2-BF.jpgakeno wallpaper

Where did you get them? They’re lovely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭jellybear

Where did you get them? They’re lovely.

I'm fairly certain they're Dunnes. They're not on the website anymore though. They regularly update the site though so they might get them back in :)

Advertisement