Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily pv production

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,215 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

KWh: 23.3kWh for 20th September

KWP: 6.2

Split string: 2.8kWp(S):3.4kWp(W)

4 days on the trot breaking 20kWh. The bad news, herself wanted to go for a spin up to Fanad Lighthouse to enjoy the cracking weather, so we exported 10.2kWh. Tears were shed.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭drdidlittle

18.9 kWh for 20th
    Sligo
    4.2 kw
    South... ish

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭phester28

KWh: 6.8Kwh 20th September 2020
    KWP: 2.4
    Split string: 1.5:0.9KWp E/W

DC2 is West DC1 is East. Volts are about 150 and 90 for each string

A perfect curve but its looking like in Sept I can only generate a KWp of 40% of my total. I would expect (have not readings yet) 70-80% in the peak of summer as its a E/W split.

Has anyone have a solis inverter in the attic. I want to find out if 41 deg is hitting the de-rating of the inverter. I have headspace as I've only 2.5Kwp for a 3.6Kwp dual sting inverter

526937.PNG
    526943.png

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭lightson

12.3kwh. 20th sept
    2.64kw Sw
    Sligo

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Winterman1234

phester28 wrote: »
    KWh: 6.8Kwh 20th September 2020
    KWP: 2.4
    Split string: 1.5:0.9KWp E/W

DC2 is West DC1 is East. Volts are about 150 and 90 for each string

A perfect curve but its looking like in Sept I can only generate a KWp of 40% of my total. I would expect (have not readings yet) 70-80% in the peak of summer as its a E/W split.

Has anyone have a solis inverter in the attic. I want to find out if 41 deg is hitting the de-rating of the inverter. I have headspace as I've only 2.5Kwp for a 3.6Kwp dual sting inverter

526937.PNG
    526943.png

I have a solid inverter in attic on gable wall, insulation at ceiling. Was up during a good day in summer and it was unbearably hot, didn't measure temp. I have had that thought re inverter backing off as too hot. Can you get any temperature data from inverter.

• Advertisement

I have a solid inverter in attic on gable wall, insulation at ceiling. Was up during a good day in summer and it was unbearably hot, didn't measure temp. I have had that thought re inverter backing off as too hot. Can you get any temperature data from inverter.

Likewise, mine is wall mounted in the attic. 5kw hybrid inverter.

526956.jpg

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

KWh: 22.9 for 19th September
    KWh: 25.2 for 20th September
    KWP: 5.6
    Dual string on same roof. (lower panels at risk of shadow in the winter) SE,

Cloudy start on 19th, quickly peaking at 4kW when clouds cleared, (maybe because the panels were cool?)
    Immersion getting a good workout these days!

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭phester28

It's in the graph. All be it in Chinese. Its about 42Deg from the inverter. The solis starts to de-rate after 40 deg but I think I am ok because of my headroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭davpower

KWh: 27.8Kwh 20th September 2020
    KWP: 5
    Single String: South

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Winterman1234

phester28 wrote: »
    It's in the graph. All be it in Chinese. Its about 42Deg from the inverter. The solis starts to de-rate after 40 deg but I think I am ok because of my headroom.

Only got a solis mini 4G inverter not getting anything only power on the graph, maybe this information is only available on the higher spec inverters.

Anyway my specs for the day, dull morning again.

8.4kwh. 20th sept
    2.48kw South East
    Donegal(South)

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Geeyfds53573

graememk wrote: »
    KWh: 22.9 for 19th September
    KWh: 25.2 for 20th September
    Dual string on same roof. (lower panels at risk of shadow in the winter) SE,

Cloudy start on 19th, quickly peaking at 4kW when clouds cleared, (maybe because the panels were cool?)
    Immersion getting a good workout these days!

Hi graememk,
    Nice figures I’m waiting on a smaller but similar SE setup for a same reason, would like to know
    your orientation degrees, somewhere 120 to 150? is it an even split 2 by 2.8?
    Standards 30 degree roof?
    Are you seeing the difference in figures between strings? would you have a graph for both strings on the 20th that you could share?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

Dull days in Dublin.

19th - 6.6
    20th - 7.9

4.8 split 2.4/2.4 E/W

Hi graememk,
    Nice figures I’m waiting on a smaller but similar SE setup for a same reason, would like to know
    your orientation degrees, somewhere 120 to 150? is it an even split 2 by 2.8?
    Standards 30 degree roof?
    Are you seeing the difference in figures between strings? would you have a graph for both strings on the 20th that you could share?

It's on a steel lean 2 style roof. Maybe about 12 degrees, made the install really easy.

All panels on the same roof just the lowest 8 are on a separate string to the top 8.

It's a solis 4g inverter, was told by the installer to use the solarman app, and that doesn't give a breakdown afaik.

I actually do the energy monitoring using openenergy monitor hardware.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Geeyfds53573

graememk wrote: »
    It's on a steel lean 2 style roof. Maybe about 12 degrees, made the install really easy.

All panels on the same roof just the lowest 8 are on a separate string to the top 8.

It's a solis 4g inverter, was told by the installer to use the solarman app, and that doesn't give a breakdown afaik.

I actually do the energy monitoring using openenergy monitor hardware.

Great thank you that does help me and do you see a notable difference between what each string produces? At 12 degrees prob not so. Is it obvious when the shading kicks in?

Great thank you that does help me and do you see a notable difference between what each string produces? At 12 degrees prob not so. Is it obvious when the shading kicks in?

Will notice more in the winter I think (it's only been in since Wednesday and we've had perfect weather until today)

I looked on the inverter early one morning (about 8am) and the top string was producing maybe 2-3 times the bottom,

Bottom panels were half shadowed and all had a heavy dew on them.

Sun quickly rises and was off to the races.

Will notice more in the winter I think (it's only been in since Wednesday and we've had perfect weather until today)

I looked on the inverter early one morning (about 8am) and the top string was producing maybe 2-3 times the bottom,

Bottom panels were half shadowed and all had a heavy dew on them.

Sun quickly rises and was off to the races.

KWh: 10.3kWh for 20th September
    Split string: 2.8kWp(S)/3.4kWp(W)

Back to earth with a bang after 4 days above 20kWh.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭DeclanD54

11.4kwh 4.4kw system
    SE

KWh: 4.7 for 21st September

Ouch. The power was out for a few house in the middle of that as I had a spark doing some work but that coincided with the worst of the weather anyway so it wouldn't have made a huge amount of difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭drdidlittle

3.8 kWh for 22nd
    Sligo
    4.2 kW
    Single aspect southish

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭E30M3

6.1 Kwh for 22nd
    Wexford
    5.6 kw
    4.2 E / 1.4 W

KWh: 9.4kWh for 19th September
    KWh: 5.8kWh for 22th September
    Dual string on same roof, SE

Base line was covered today for most of the day, on a dark +rainy afternoon.

garo wrote: »
    Gorgeous day here. 18.2kWh on a 4.8kW system. No cloud after 11. But unfortunately the system maxed out on 2.4kWh - even though I saw 3.3 yesterday. So I don't think it was the sun being lower in the sky than in June. Most likely there was some current limiting due to temperature.

So this looks to have been a temperature issue. I am getting over 3kWh during sunny spells today.

So this looks to have been a temperature issue. I am getting over 3kWh during sunny spells today.

Yeah, today my roof panels passed 2kw for the first time in weeks. Total has been sitting above 4kw for the last half hour. Which is annoying as we decided to go bed shopping after work so I'll likely end up with about 5kWh export from a 15-16kWh day.

Forecast is good tomorrow though and I'm working from home.

I must say, the RTE weather page for my location is very accurate. Great for planning ahead (which I didn't this morning).

DrPhilG wrote: »
    I'll likely end up with about 5kWh export from a 15-16kWh day

I was close. Spot on for generation but export not as bad as I thought. Lost 3.3kWh in total.

KWh: 16 for 23rd September

Fine day today. Looking pretty decent through until Monday too.

KWh: 20.3 for 24th September

KWh: 15.1 for 23th September
    KWh: 18.2 for 24th September
    Dual string on same roof, SE

First day of the year that battery charging is limited by temperature. Limited to 10A so exporting on a lovely clear day :( Can't wait for the Zappi to get installed later today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64,880 ✭✭✭✭unkel

First day of the year that battery charging is limited by temperature.

Not for me :p

And yes today is a good example of why solar PV works really well in Ireland. The colder, the better the panels work. Only 6C when I checked outside at 9AM this morning.

Advertisement