Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Daily pv production

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 tom4321

Daily Production: 6.7kWh for today!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭DeclanD54

5.3 enough to power a few led's he he

• Registered Users Posts: 64,774 ✭✭✭✭unkel

DeclanD54 wrote: »
    5.3 enough to power a few led's he he

To put things into perspective: that's more than half of what an average house in Ireland used in electricity per day. So not too bad :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,195 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

15.7Kwh for me today.

DrPhilG wrote: »
    15.7Kwh for me today.

I'm moving to Donegal :p

Just checked this morning (I rarely do) and I got a bit under 6kWh myself yesterday in Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Geeyfds53573

unkel wrote: »
    I'm moving to Donegal :p

Just checked this morning (I rarely do) and I got a bit under 6kWh myself yesterday in Dublin

Good day today for it - although weather in Donegal not looking good later on but I’m still sure Dr. Phil will have loads of surplus
    Unkel you might stay where you are for today at least It’s awesome outside in South Dublin

I’d say best day all around for some time looking forward to seeing figures

Good day today for it - although weather in Donegal not looking good later on but I’m still sure Dr. Phil will have loads of surplus

Not my finest solar day... Fantastic morning, battery was near full by lunchtime and I had 6kWh by 1pm.

Knocked on the dishwasher and went to do a bit of painting. Looked out an hour later and the sun had buggered off and the dishwasher ran down a chunk of the battery.

Then the missus landed home. She was supposed to charge the car while she was out but failed miserably. So came home with 4% on the battery and needing to go out an hour later so I had to boost 5kWh into the car, which murdered both battery and the grid.

Now its pissing rain, I've only generated another 1.5kWh in 2.5 hours, currently producing 380w and the battery is at 24%.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Geeyfds53573

Not my finest solar day... Fantastic morning, battery was near full by lunchtime and I had 6kWh by 1pm.

Knocked on the dishwasher and went to do a bit of painting. Looked out an hour later and the sun had buggered off and the dishwasher ran down a chunk of the battery.

Then the missus landed home. She was supposed to charge the car while she was out but failed miserably. So came home with 4% on the battery and needing to go out an hour later so I had to boost 5kWh into the car, which murdered both battery and the grid.

Now its pissing rain, I've only generated another 1.5kWh in 2.5 hours, currently producing 380w and the battery is at 24%.

😮
    Doh!
    East and South should be good today

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭E30M3

��
    Doh!
    East and South should be good today

Yep 20.8 so far today.Still generating at 1.4 kWh currently

Sunrise to 1pm, 6.1kWh
    1pm to sunset, 2.5kWh

• Advertisement

12.2kwh today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

Tomorrow is looking to be a cracker in Dublin. Might hit 20. Fingers crossed. Zappi and EV are a week too late to take advantage of it.

Finished off at 15kwh. Had cloud from 10 to 1. Would of beena good one

Gorgeous day here. 18.2kWh on a 4.8kW system. No cloud after 11. But unfortunately the system maxed out on 2.4kWh - even though I saw 3.3 yesterday. So I don't think it was the sun being lower in the sky than in June. Most likely there was some current limiting due to temperature.

No it was just a bit hazy. Same here, steady "only" 2.4-2.5kW for many hours on end today (but I saw 3.5kw when the sun came out a few days ago)

Pretty much the opposite of yesterday's debacle.

Miserable start to the day, only about 2kWh at 1pm. Then the skies cleared and the sun came out. Finished up at 15.9kWh. Only exported 0.3 as well. Got home from work just after the battery had topped up and the Eddi had started. Overall 0.6 went into the immersion, 0.3 to the grid and 2.5 to the car.

Battery still at 48% as we go to bed and we only bought 4.5kWh today which is pretty low considering the battery was already empty at midnight.

What size battery have you phil?
    Mine 2.4kw battery is well empty at about 10pm

He has 4.8 I think. My battery was empty by 9:30 too. Mrs decided to start baking at 6:30pm :rolleyes:

Lol. Yeah im going to pick up another as soon as the seai grant comes through

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭E30M3

DeclanD54 wrote: »
    Lol. Yeah im going to pick up another as soon as the seai grant comes through

Battery or Wife Declan?

• Advertisement

Feck sake, there's a SEAI wife grant? I take it you can't claim retrospectively, mine has cost me a fortune already...

And yes my battery is 4.8kWh. So far I'm still at the stage where it will cover me til midnight but of course as sunset comes earlier that will stop even on a good day.

And today will be a good one I suspect. Nice clear day when I left home. Dishwasher, washing machine and dryer are locked and loaded.

Generation passed 1kw already, at 9:41am.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,139 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Feck sake, there's a SEAI wife grant? I take it you can't claim retrospectively, mine has cost me a fortune already...

And yes my battery is 4.8kWh. So far I'm still at the stage where it will cover me til midnight but of course as sunset comes earlier that will stop even on a good day.

And today will be a good one I suspect. Nice clear day when I left home. Dishwasher, washing machine and dryer are locked and loaded.

Only 210w here at the mo :-/

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Only 210w here at the mo :-/

Don't look now in that case...
    526270.jpg

E30M3 wrote: »
    Battery or Wife Declan?

I think the one is enough for me.. Wife obviously!!
    More batteries please.

9kWh already today. Battery full and immersion on. Washer and dryer done, dishwasher not far behind.

I'm working from home tomorrow so fully expecting a hurricane.

Yesterday was abysmal, lol. Barely broke 6kWh on a horrible day and never went above 2kw. So first half of the month gone and I only generated 43% of my predicted monthly total. On the plus side I've used about 92% of what I generated.

Today, tomorrow and Saturday are predicted to be scorchers though so I'll hopefully bring the average back up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Winterman1234

Yesterday was abysmal, lol. Barely broke 6kWh on a horrible day and never went above 2kw. So first half of the month gone and I only generated 43% of my predicted monthly total. On the plus side I've used about 92% of what I generated.

Today, tomorrow and Saturday are predicted to be scorchers though so I'll hopefully bring the average back up a bit.

Slighting worse in south donegal then, only 37% of my predicted monthly total so far. Managed 4.2kWh yesterday out of our 2.4kW array!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Just got a 5.6kwp array installed on a shed connected to my parents house, (Donegal)

Was a very warm and humid day putting the panels on yesterday.

Generated 11kwh today already and the hot water tank is at its limit already. Time to get some more automation and maybe a dual fuel towel rack fitted.

Time to try and break the fire in the morning habits, well in the summer anyway.

My house is in next yrs budget.

Yup not sure about the rest of the country, but Donegal is having a fine time today.

I'm at 15.8kWh so far. Had a tiler calling today so working from home this afternoon, so the car has guzzled 4.5kWh since I got home at 2pm.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,139 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yup not sure about the rest of the country, but Donegal is having a fine time today.

I'm at 15.8kWh so far. Had a tiler calling today so working from home this afternoon, so the car has guzzled 4.5kWh since I got home at 2pm.

Peak production of 670w here, only on 2.1kwh for the day.

Advertisement