Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily pv production

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,072 ✭✭✭✭unkel

September was the warmest September ever measured globally. And from my own not so scientific study of my grape vine. It was in a terribly delayed state, looking like it wasn't going beyond small green immature fruits even by the end of August. Proof of a very poor summer. But by now the fruits have matured. I was also swimming in the sea (in my swim boxers) a few days ago. Pretty warm for mid October :D

I like your optimism, I guess it is normal for someone with a brand new install. But having had mine for a good few years now, I'm telling you the last 6 weeks were exceptional for this time of year ;)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Yep harvest was slow this year, and slow to ripen. last 2 weeks in sept was fantastic weather.

Totally agree with the temps Its still quite warm, Normally id be in overalls by now. but the sea is always at its warmest now. March/april is the coldest!

Unkel, do you have much year on year data gathered up, or has things changed too much with your setup to even compare?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

My Sept 2019 production was 420 kWh and Sept 2020 357kWh. So I disagree that this has been an exceptional September. Expected production was 335 so 6% above expected in Dublin is not overly impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭TheWonderLlama

just as a little exercise I did for myself,

my pv array has been in just over a year. 4.2kw with one battery.
    In that time it generated 3.6Mwh
    Even with that, the house has consumed 3,350 units costing roughly €680.

Still some fettling to do on the system (upgrade battery, few more panels) and some training to do with the timing of appliance use etc within the house but that's not too bad.
    The added saving was in one fill of oil for the year costing about €500 on top of this as we have the immersion diverter in place as well. we used to have to hit the boiler for hot water regularly, not any more.

Just my experience of installing panels and what they can save you.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Not just what they saved you, you also helped reduce fossil consumption so that has helped me too!

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,247 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Odd few days.

Friday 8.7kWh
    Yesterday - 2.3kWh
    Today 11.2kWh

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Odd few days.

Friday 8.7kWh
    Yesterday - 2.3kWh
    Today 11.2kWh

Fri/sat/sun
    13.4/1.7/7.6

Yesterday was a v dark with heavy cloud. im tracking a few kwhs behind you, with less panels and a single aspect.

In overall similar numbers, was quite dark until about 1ish when the clouds cleared with me today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭irishchris

Odd few days.

Friday 8.7kWh
    Yesterday - 2.3kWh
    Today 11.2kWh

Fared better than you on Friday and Saturday but today was a day to forget here weatherwise as all the sun must have been in Donegal today :-)

Friday: 10 kwh
    Saturday: 3.2 kwh
    Sunday: 4.5 kwh

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭davpower

10.4kwh Friday
    4kwh Saturday
    2.2Kwh Sunday

all from 5kw system facing south in Cork, not a great weekend! Generated over 53kwh last weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Winterman1234

Odd few days.

Friday 8.7kWh
    Yesterday - 2.3kWh
    Today 11.2kWh

2.48kw array, single South East facing, south donegal

Friday 2.9kWh
    Yesterday 5.6kWh
    Today 5.1kWh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭idc

5.6 kWh Friday 16th Oct
    5.0 kWh Saturday 17th Oct
    7.9 kWh Sunday 18th Oct

KWP: 4.65
    Split string: 2.17 Kwp (SE) 2.48Kwp (SW)

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭drdidlittle

8.5 kWh Friday
    3.7 kWh Saturday
    5.6 kWh Sunday

Today is looking like setting new record. 10.45 and I've peaked at 90W so far.
    Sunday was a frustrating day. Fog just didn't clear around here. One of those days

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Today will be interesting, so gloomy here, long time since I've had to put on all the lights as just way too dark indoors....

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭DeclanD54

5.5kwh friday
    6.8kwh Saturday
    9.2kwh sunday. Full sun until midday

Yeah today is going to be an absolute shocker.

Peaked at 190w earlier, no idea how. Been sitting around 60w most of the day. 0.2kWh in the bank this far, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭irishchris

Sitting at 90w all day and looking at forecast not going to improve today :-(

Finished up on 1.2kWh lol

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭idc

1.6 kWh Monday 19th Oct
    kWP: 4.65
    Split string: 2.17 kWp (SE) 2.48kWp (SW)

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭drdidlittle

8.5 kWh Friday
    3.7 kWh Saturday
    5.6 kWh Sunday

Today is looking like setting new record. 10.45 and I've peaked at 90W so far.
    Sunday was a frustrating day. Fog just didn't clear around here. One of those days

Finished up on 1.4kWh

idc wrote: »
    1.6 kWh Monday 19th Oct
    kWP: 4.65
    Split string: 2.17 kWp (SE) 2.48kWp (SW)

1.4kWh for me yesterday. Never went above 550W and stayed below 200W except for that 10 mins. 2.4/2.4 E/W split.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,187 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Only managed 0.3kwh for all of yesterday. Today should be better but not by much I reckon.

Brightened up here in Dublin now. I have already exceeded yesterday's production.

This morning was brighter in Donegal, but it went to crap again by half 10.

Surpassed yesterday's miserable 1.2Kwh but I'll be lucky to break 2kWh today I suspect.

Forecast says solid rain for the next 2 days too.

Last 4 days:
    17th - 2.3
    18th - 11.2
    19th - 1.2
    20th - 3.0

Predicted total for October was 290kWh. On 174Kwh so far so nearly on track, but given the deteriorating weather I'm pretty sure I'll not hit 100% of the prediction for the month. Shouldn't be too bad overall. If I get 230kWh I'll be happy enough.

First full post-solar electric bill (and last one from SSE before Energia take over again) is due in 2 days.

3.5kWh again yesterday. But sun on the forecast from today til Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭richie123

I'm gonna launch a grenade and I mean no disrespect.
    Why do people buy pv systems that produce very little power at the most demanding time of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,887 ✭✭✭CoBo55

richie123 wrote: »
    I'm gonna launch a grenade and I mean no disrespect.
    Why do people buy pv systems that produce very little power at the most demanding time of the year.

Thinking the very same myself. Loads of juice and nothing to use it during the summer. Barely enough to power a sky box from October to March.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭richie123

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Thinking the very same myself. Loads of juice and nothing to use it during the summer. Barely enough to power a sky box from October to March.

I'm pro pv and wind turbine.
    But no point fooling yourself either
    I mean if u we're buying a car and the sales men told you it will barely work for 3 months of the year ...you wouldnt buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

I mean if u we're buying a car and the sales men told you it will barely work for 3 months of the year ...you wouldnt buy it.

Daft comparison, if you buy a car, you buy it knowing that you need it 12 months if the year, the same does not apply to solar pv, you never buy it to replace your dependence on grid power in it's entirety, that would be daft.

The same argument could be said for wind, why install.wind, when you can't rely on it when you need it most.

By the way, my pv production so far for the month of October is 270kwh, nothing to sneeze at by any means.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

Have to agree on the pv aspect. It's not really suitable for ireland. A wind turbine would be more suitable for where I'm located but the cost and planning restrictions dont make it financially viable

Advertisement