Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily pv production

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Festive wishes all, on the upside at least we know the corner has been turned and days are getting longer

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭tnegun

Yeah it seems to stay online for up to an hour after sunset, it shutdown at 16:55 yesterday. That's going by the info on Solarman so its likely the polling interval is being added too. edit. Just downloaded the detailed info and the inverter first reported in at 08:56 and last reported at 16:40

Post edited by tnegun on

• Registered Users Posts: 45,276 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

The sun is out today. Might even break 3kWh production! 😁

I did just about with a 4.2kwp array. 3.7kwh produced today a few nice sunny spells this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Yesterday was the first decent day in over 2 weeks here in Cork..

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Advertisement

Nice what sized system have you?

6.1 kWp but I am lucky in that I have got perfect aspect due south and an inclination of about 40deg, also no shadows anytime during the year. Only up and running since October but cant wait until the summer to see what she can really do...

Wow that's very impressive when I saw your figures I thought it at to be at least 10kWp!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

The 40 degree south facing slope is a real winner in the winter.

Flatter panels work better in the summer, but in the summer you'll have plenty of power anyway.

With the gloom gloom gloom in the Midlands my 7.4kWp could be 74kWp and it would still be no good, what good is a jump from 300w to 3kW, when it's gloom there's nothing that can be done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bif

Output since early December:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,217 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Miserable month here, only 41.5 so far. Including a record low of 0.2kwh

December last year ended up with 68.3kWh so I'll be way down this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭ELCAT2009

What a day today! 6.8kw...not bad for a week after the shortest day

4.6 kWh here today. Best day since the 8th.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,217 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Sun finally returned to Donegal, 5.1kWh today.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,114 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

6.1kWh here in Fingal. More importantly, broke the psychological 100kWh barrier for the month of December that seemed completely unachievable last week. Looks like it will be the first month since install that I'll come in under the EU PV GIS estimate (141kWh) too.

Only managed .8kwh here(Kildare) today on a 4.2kWp install.

Was hoping to get a few nice days to finish off the year but unfortunately didnt get that...only got 300watts yesterday and that was only the system idling at 20watts. Doesn't look like I'm going to do any better today either...looking forward to the summer and seeing what my system can do as I have it only up and running since October.

You must have great aspect as anything near/into double figures is great for Dec/Jan and you are peppered with them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

6.1Kwh at this time of year is awesome. A meager 1.3Kw for me on the same day :-( I'm still super curious about your production though.

When the sun is shining, your 100% getting everything I'd expect you to get (and perhaps even more!!), but when it's grey an miserable out, your panels don't seem to work well with diffuse light. Since it's Dec31st I still have to technically plug in todays figures for Dec, but like Nov I'm probably going to beat the EU PV estimate by 5-6% or so.

The fact that your 40% off what the forecast says (and your only 10 miles or so away) the weather can't be -that- different. 40% is a lot. On the plus side, it's only on the drab crappy days that it seems lower than it should be. Still I do like a puzzle :-)

• Advertisement

That was it for my first few weeks…

Post edited by Bif on

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,114 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

7.6 kWh here in Fingal today. Good start to the New Year.

Good day so far in the west. Currently pulling 2kWh.

Could be the best day in a while

Was going to say the same out walking the dog this morning and took this picture...grand fresh morning! Those wispy clouds have now even burnt off

5.6kwh generated so far today.

Tomorrow looking good (more of the same basically) for Dublin at least.

Only a meager 2.6Kwhr for me, but I've a east/west split - my day will come later on in the year :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Perfect day today, not a single cloud! 9.5kWh from 10kWp E/W and 14.5kWh from 6kWp S.

15.4kwh from 6.9kw panels, South facing.

I just want to call out that I hate you people with south panels right now! LOL

From 5.3kwp. Blue skies all day.

• Advertisement

Finished off with a healthy 17.8 kWh on my 6.1 kWp system today. Not bad for the 4th Jan

Advertisement