Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily pv production

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭paddyirish23

I've the smart meter in and just got the panels installed this week. The lad installing them was in abt night meter but I didn't give much attention to it, its that getting the cheaper rate at night to just charge the battery?

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭jethrothe2nd

Thanks. Would you (or anyone) be able to guide me on how to verify if the grid CT clamp is located correctly?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭THE ALM

Not sure what equipment you have but the grid ct will be located between the meter box and the consumer unit.

It will either be connected to the positive(brown) wire in meter cabinet or this same cable coming into the consumer unit. The arrow on the ct should be pointing towards the consumer unit.

This image shows a harvi with the ct in the meter box. The ct clamp can be coming from the zappi or the eddi either as long as it is defined as such in the myenergi menu.

Hope this helps, if not ask away.

Thanks The Alm.

I have a Solis inverter and an Eddi, with 10 x 380kwh panels - no battery. I had a look and can't see the CT clamp anywhere - the myenergi website suggest it can be hardwired into the Eddi so I assume that is where it is. When I looked at the settings on the Eddi under CT config it shows CT1 as Grid and CT 2 is blank.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

It could be inside your consumer unit rather than the meter box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Geeyfds53573

Check under Linked Devices menu rather than the CT Config menu

Ah yes, it is. there is a GivEnergy EM115. I guess there is no way for me to tell if the clamp is located correctly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Might be a good day today.....

Clouds starting to boil off...

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭paulbok

Doing very well here today, battery at 80%, in danger of giving it free to the grid if it keeps shining.

Must stick on a wash so. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bif

Battery full, Eddi maxed out on temp, house running away, wash on, car charging. Happy 😊 days 🌞!

• Advertisement

Forgot about the Eddi, but have the stove on for heat so water will be up to temp.

I'll say one thing for having solar, after only a couple of days with it, I'm far more conscious of my usage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭tnegun

On track to smash my 5.1kwh record today(4.2kwp) might finish out at 5.5 🤣 very happy though as we're consuming everything with very little export between the Eddie and running the appliances sequentially.

Post edited by tnegun on

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Oh! Fellow Emoncms user!

You can install node red and talk to the myenergie API, get the eddi use, post it to mqtt and then you can use the "my solar divert" app,

On 12.3 now for the day, battery full and exporting to grid.

Sun getting low now so will see production drop rapidally shortly.

Still, it covered 50% of daily usage so not too shabby for middle of January

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Best day for over a month, 9.6kW so far today, hot water tank full, battery 100% and have done 2 loads of laundry and bit of tumble drying. The wife will be delighted when she gets home 😄

Just checked and the wheels on the bus are going backwards 😬

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭yankinlk

lol i can relate. it took installing solar panels for me to learn how to wash clothes... refuse to give any leccy back to grid!

washing them is fine, putting them away is the issue!!

Not too bad for me either, but you can see any late sun is wasted on the NE panels (s2), Fantastic in the summer tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭THE ALM

Best day here as well, 3kW back to the grid before I had a chance to plug the car in which took an excess of 8.3kW.

18.8kWh generated, could have pushed a touch more as there was a slight haze early on but can't complain and hopefully the same tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bif

Best day so far. 19.1 kWh. Bit of a cloud dip at one point. I really think I need to review my battery situ!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Some great generations there #aspect jealousy

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Deagol

Second it. I did 3.1kwh - and I was quite impressed with that at this time of year. I really need to get my panels higher up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

A lot of cloud in the morning and only took off at around 10:30, finished up with 17.6 kWh

Just plotted against those 2 perfect days last week to see the difference. I think that spike downwards at 14:30 is a glitch in the logger because there were no clouds all day or we had a solar eclipse

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

Finished out at 5.3kwh for today on a 4.2kWp system.

I don't have the hub so without it I can't get access to the API or upload data right? I did purchase the second CT and install it so that the family can see the solar production on the Eddie and have some idea of when to switch things on. Next up is to get on with the direct logging from my inverter to Emoncms so that I can track more accurately the performance of both arrays and production. That will free up an input and I was thinking of measuring the Eddie output with it. I'm split 3kWp SE and 1.2 kWp SW so would be interested to see the performance and see what rabbit hole that brings me down :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,247 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Almost exported today lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

Weird that it's a "non-zero" amount though. I've a similar problem ECO. I've got my web API to scrape the GivEnergy JSON files every 5 minutes, and sometimes (once/twice a week) they are full of zeros. Not my side, it's the raw data in their cloud. To hack around it, when I encounter a "zero watts" during the day where the value before and after is non-zero, I average the values for the chart so that it doesn't look "wonky".

With a East/West split of different sizes (1.5 East/3.8 West) I'll never get those nice curves that you guys have.

Still, highest day production this year! 3.6Kwhr - Boom!

Roll on tomorrow folks!!

Ah yeah you'll need the hub to pull from the API.

If you get the python script going you can use that to post data directly to the emon mqtt broker (we'll discuss on the automation thread)

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭reklamos

Not a bad day. Well it was the best day of this year :). 10.2kWh generated, battery 70% and as can be seen good amount of washing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭irishchris

16.4kwh here in galway today and tomorrow looking promising too! Looking forward to longer evenings and high production being the norm 😁

• Advertisement

Lovely bright day here in North Kildare but lots of high clouds keeping production down

Advertisement