Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

Daily pv production

24567108

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭ E30M3


    DrPhilG wrote: »
    Depends what it was like. I was getting 25+ last week on days when others reported 7 or 8. But it was scorching up here.

    I expected similar to yesterday's 7.4 and currently at 8.6.

    Case in point. 28.2 so far here today and 5.8 yesterday. Some cloud here today but mostly sunshine


  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭ davpower


    DeclanD54 wrote: »
    Have any you gone through the grant seai?
    If so any issues getting the payment.

    Have claim under review since 4th July 2020, had an inspection almost two weeks ago which passed. Was told when confirming booking with SEAI that should get money within 2 weeks of passing inspection. So fingers crossed!


  • Registered Users Posts: 11,254 ✭✭✭✭ DrPhilG


    Sod's law. Literally the first break in the clouds all day, and it's as the sun goes down.

    523394.jpg


  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭ davpower


    A good day in Cork today 28.2kwh


  • Registered Users Posts: 11,254 ✭✭✭✭ DrPhilG


    Finished up at 9.2kWh. Hopefully tomorrow see a wee bit of blue sky.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭ phester28


    8.4Kwh today for a 1.5kW East 0.9KW west split

    First full day


  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭ DeclanD54


    davpower wrote: »
    Have claim under review since 4th July 2020, had an inspection almost two weeks ago which passed. Was told when confirming booking with SEAI that should get money within 2 weeks of passing inspection. So fingers crossed!

    My documents went in 22 days ago no word from the seai yet.
    Let me know how you get on.


  • Registered Users Posts: 11,254 ✭✭✭✭ DrPhilG


    Generation at 8:50am was 1.3kW which is pretty much the highest I hit all day yesterday.

    Going to be a good one I reckon.


  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 31,131 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭ Mickeroo


    DeclanD54 wrote: »
    My documents went in 22 days ago no word from the seai yet.
    Let me know how you get on.

    Did you have to do much chasing to get the installer to upload the documents? Our system is in nearly a month now and they haven't submitted anything yet so have to start chasing them now.

    Bit nervous about the storm tomorrow, hope they don't go flying off. :o


  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭ TheWonderLlama


    There must be something wrong with my monitoring software. Its saying we generated 14.3kWh today. 4.2kw system facing south in Limerick.


    Finished up on 18.8. Not a bad day for it.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭ DeclanD54


    Mickeroo wrote: »
    Did you have to do much chasing to get the installer to upload the documents? Our system is in nearly a month now and they haven't submitted anything yet so have to start chasing them now.

    Bit nervous about the storm tomorrow, hope they don't go flying off. :o

    I think it was uploaded about 2 weeks after. I did put the pressure on. Have you paid in full?


  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 31,131 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭ Mickeroo


    DeclanD54 wrote: »
    I think it was uploaded about 2 weeks after. I did put the pressure on. Have you paid in full?

    Yeah all paid up, we have had dealings with the company before with insulation and that so I don't expect there to be any major issues.


  • Registered Users Posts: 11,254 ✭✭✭✭ DrPhilG


    The joys of Irish weather...

    Going back over the last 8 days:
    12th - 29.3
    13th - 24.8
    14th - 34.7
    15th - 28.6
    Average - 29.4kWh

    Followed by:
    16th - 11.4
    17th - 7.3
    18th - 9.3
    19th - 12.3
    Average - 10.1kWh


  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭ davpower


    Two panels flew off my roof last night thanks to storm Ellen and make a nice big hole in roof on way down. Two others damaged too. So not a good Thursday!


  • Registered Users Posts: 11,254 ✭✭✭✭ DrPhilG


    davpower wrote: »
    Two panels flew off my roof last night thanks to storm Ellen and make a nice big hole in roof on way down. Two others damaged too. So not a good Thursday!

    Damn, what happens there? House insurance? Or should they be guaranteed by the installer to be storm proof?


  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭ TheWonderLlama


    I literally just had this conversation with my insurance guy.
    He says that the installer should have liability insurance for when he installed them and that should be your first port of call.
    Secondary line would be to claim on your house policy, (if you have notified them you had them installed!).


  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭ lightson


    Sorry to hear that at least no body was hurt! Hope get it easy sorted.

    Out of interest can you see how they became removed ie pulled off the rails small brackets wiggles loose. If there hole in roof did the bolts pull out of rafters bringing tile with it?


  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭ DeclanD54


    Ah no man sorry to hear


  • Registered Users Posts: 11,254 ✭✭✭✭ DrPhilG


    Something going on at my place too. Solar readings dropped to 10w for about 10 minutes then stopped refreshing.

    CCTV not connecting so the Internet seems down. But my friend is at the house and says that the power is on.

    Just waiting for him to troubleshoot further for a tripped fuse or something.


  • Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭ KCross


    davpower wrote: »
    Two panels flew off my roof last night thanks to storm Ellen and make a nice big hole in roof on way down. Two others damaged too. So not a good Thursday!

    When were they installed? I think you only recently had it done?

    I'd be thinking that the installer made a mistake. I'd start with them before you decide to claim against your own insurance.

    I know it was a bad storm but they shouldnt fly off for that storm if they were fixed to the roof properly. It might just be that one or two of the panels were not correctly tightened and they just wriggled loose.


  • Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 31,131 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭ Mickeroo


    DrPhilG wrote: »
    Something going on at my place too. Solar readings dropped to 10w for about 10 minutes then stopped refreshing.

    CCTV not connecting so the Internet seems down. But my friend is at the house and says that the power is on.

    Just waiting for him to troubleshoot further for a tripped fuse or something.

    That does sound odd but at the same time I've had random times where the ginlong app doesn't update for an hour or two. I'm pretty sure I saw a message on it this morning it was going to be down for maintenance at some point too.

    Sorry to hear about the damage from the other poster above, ours survived the night fine but I was pretty nervous and will be again when we get proper red warning conditions in winter (wasn't too bad last night here really).


  • Registered Users Posts: 11,254 ✭✭✭✭ DrPhilG


    Mickeroo wrote: »
    That does sound odd but at the same time I've had random times where the ginlong app doesn't update for an hour or two. I'm pretty sure I saw a message on it this morning it was going to be down for maintenance at some point too.

    Yeah slow updating doesn't surprise me. But we had thunder and lightning, production dropped to 10w from 1.6kWh and then the updating stopped.

    Plus when I tried to access the cameras at the house I was getting an offline error so I knew something was up.

    All good now, just a tripped switch. Although it was down for an hour so probably lost me a solid 2kWh.


  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭ davpower


    I literally just had this conversation with my insurance guy.
    He says that the installer should have liability insurance for when he installed them and that should be your first port of call.
    Secondary line would be to claim on your house policy, (if you have notified them you had them installed!).

    The installer is covering the costs involved it appears. They were out today and it looks like the railings failed.


  • Registered Users Posts: 11,254 ✭✭✭✭ DrPhilG


    PS I'll be asking the question of my installer re damage too. All fine with us despite strong winds overnight but best to check anyway.

    I'll also mention it to the house insurance folks.


  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭ davpower


    KCross wrote: »
    When were they installed? I think you only recently had it done?

    I'd be thinking that the installer made a mistake. I'd start with them before you decide to claim against your own insurance.

    I know it was a bad storm but they shouldnt fly off for that storm if they were fixed to the roof properly. It might just be that one or two of the panels were not correctly tightened and they just wriggled loose.

    the damage is to the railings, it looks like they are warped and the panel brackets pulled out. They are fixing it, theres a 10 year warranty on railings, mine lasted 6 weeks!


  • Registered Users Posts: 11,254 ✭✭✭✭ DrPhilG


    davpower wrote: »
    The installer is covering the costs involved it appears. They were out today and it looks like the railings failed.

    Great news. I take it the 2 panels that came off are shattered?


  • Registered Users Posts: 11,254 ✭✭✭✭ DrPhilG


    Also, summer is back baby!

    523627.jpg


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,349 ✭✭✭ correct horse battery staple


    davpower wrote: »
    the damage is to the railings, it looks like they are warped and the panel brackets pulled out. They are fixing it, theres a 10 year warranty on railings, mine lasted 6 weeks!

    That's a big worry for me when panels were going up being on a very windy site on a hill in west of Ireland as is, they seem quite fine from last night. Got me real worried now.

    figures last week (co galway)
    14th ~10
    15th ~11
    16th ~10
    17th ~5
    18th ~19.4
    19th ~5.8
    20th ~8.6 so far

    my record so far was 8th August with 30.3 kWh


  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭ davpower


    DrPhilG wrote: »
    Great news. I take it the 2 panels that came off are shattered?

    one is, the other survived the fall but they're replacing it. Two others on the same string that remained on roof are been replaced to and the wires were pulled as the other two came down.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,254 ✭✭✭✭ DrPhilG


    Pulling 4.5kw at the minute, battery can't handle that much at a time so the hot water is getting a wee top up too.

    The Solis app shows the full generation. The myenergi app is the generation minus what the battery is getting.

    523631.jpg

    523632.jpg

    7.3kWh so far today despite a 1 hour power cut at peak time.


Advertisement