Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily pv production

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,132 ✭✭✭rameire

According to the weather forum and MT Cranium the sun is below normal ranges and last week was 55% of normal.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

Depends on where you are. For me in south Dublin.....

I've already reached the expected generation for me in Feb, well 98.5% of expected to be exact and it's only Feb 23rd. Last year Feb was 125% over expected, so I guess I'll be in about the same again this year. Last March of course was STELLAR. (144% over expected) Course the expected value is a generalization. Local micro-climate issues can affect that figure. For example if the prevailing wind is from a certain direction that time of year and your near a hill you might be sheltered etc

Still though, I think generally the north/east of the country got more sun than the west/south in Feb from what I was reading

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,806 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Broke the 30kWh yesterday for the first time this year, 31.1. Midlands, 14.7kWp and still getting lots of shading

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,640 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I'm seeing 6kW peak these days which is insane for february. Literal days before the last week I saw peaks of 600W in some instances. At the moment I'm charging the car, charging the house battery, running a boil wash and running the dishwasher , just to stop export going to the grid.

My current nighttime setting is a 3a charge, so not charging overnight but not using the solar energy either in case the next day doesnt have much generation but I may switch that off!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭harvindhillon

Very linear output today, haven't seen that yet since I put in the panels :D Beautiful sunshine, my puny 5kw battery is already full and I have the dishwasher turned on. Weather is cooler so heatpump is working on some of that extra juice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭DownByTheGarden

Was over 5kwh generation for over 3 hours today.

Over 4kwh for 5 hours.

Monthly yield hit 280kwh too today. Average over 12kwh per day.

Getting close to the point where the ovenight charging can be switched off.

At 28.2kwh generated so far today. I think today might be the first day of the year to break 30kwh generated if the sun stays out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

Shame the clouds ruined a perfect morning...

First day without night charge, still, 23kwh is not bad for February but 30 was easily possible too.

Every single Wh drank up too.

Best day thus far in February. 21kwh (6kw system south facing, South West Dublin)

Shame as it could have been higher, but clouds rolled in the afternoon. Didnt reach high peaks above 5kw this time, but the consistency was great today.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭olympicweights

Well my first day breaking 20kWh since panels installed in late November. 22.6 today, just in time as Energia notified me this morning that I am now registered for microgeneration. Over 15kWh exported.

4..74kWp south 52.5 degree roof and 3.16kWp east 45 degree roof. 7.9kWp total in Limerick.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

17.0kWh today from a 4.8kWp system in Dublin Fingal today. 0.28kWh exported.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭DC999

11.5kWh for me today. D12, 4.9kWp E/W split. 1st day in 5 months that the Zappi sent juice to the car. Was exporting as didn't realised I had the 1.4kW free the Zappi needs. Need to get back to plugging in car during the day now once it's sunny.

I can actually tell which setups are South or close to South now - by comparing to my E/W numbers and if they are also close to me distance wise in Dublin. Spoiler, South always wins :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,132 ✭✭✭rameire

11.1kwp today

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭THE ALM

started out great today then plummeted come 12, keep charging the battery for a while yet.

Can believe that as the cloud cover feels constant in the midlands. Should be comfortably in the 20's at this stage but think I have only hit it 3 times this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,002 ✭✭✭con747

Similar enough to me, midlands south of Kinnegad.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Big Lar

28.1Kwh here in West Waterford, Miscalculated the battery charge last night and ended with 83% SOC this morning, had intended it to be around 50% so 15Kwh to the car.

pv1_power is 2.66kWp SE

pv2_Power is 4.8kWp SW

Post edited by Big Lar on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭silver_sky

11kWh here with 1.7kWh exported... then again my system will export even on a day without generation.

I'm still running the met eireann forecast from one of the other threads in home assistant each day and it forecasted 11.4kWh for today.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,806 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭allinthehead

Great day yesterday in Cork. 11.2kwh produced from 3.2kwp SE, .8 NW, .8W.

☀️

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

According to met.ie, tomorrow on the other hand looks better than even yesterday.....

My system has me forecasting 12.0kWh tomorrow (I did ~11KWh yesterday). Today however.....meh.

Just 1kw today in South Dublin. Horrible day

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Decent day in the NW, And If tomorrows prediction is anything to go on, tomorrow will be about 10-15% of Feb's production so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,428 ✭✭✭Gerry

early kickoff today, covering base load from 830. Amazing for February.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭The devils

Yesterday never charged battery 🔋 😢 and struggled big time..today charged 30 %..dishwasher, hot water and wash machine banging it out since 8 am..tumble dryer should go on about 11.30...and fingers crossed battery get a good 40 % 🌞

Ended on 11.5kWh yesterday which was nice. Exported quite a bit due to timing (was in a meeting so couldnt put washing on :D)

My forecast for today is 12.7kWh and I'd say that should be possible as I'm already up at 1000W so early.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭The devils

Where do u get the forecast pv predictions 🤔

In the automation thread there were some posts a while back on calculating forecasted generation based on the met eireann API. I'm doing that and pulling it into homeassistant alongside the solis stuff. It generally seems to be working out OK.

If you're not into that you can use something off the shelf like solcast.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Ah, mid day cloud spoiled it, 37.7kwh on 17kwp.

17of it went to heating the house.

• Advertisement

Well, that was a flop... ended up with only 6.8kWh :(

Advertisement