Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily pv production

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭silver_sky

7.9kWh here today. Peak power almost at my panel peak kW, but briefly. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Granolite

10.5kWh generated yesterday in Sligo off SW faced roof mounted 5.6kwH Install Ok, ish as was overcast most of the day. However, a few brief sunny spells in the late morning put a few spurts into the final total.

5.6kWp - SW (220 degrees) - North Sligo

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭harvindhillon

Close to one of the worst days since I had the Solar installed in Jan. only 1.76kwh thus far.

6kw South facing, Newcastle Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭sligopaul

12kwh generated yesterday from 6.67kwp SE facing in Sligo, nothing happening today

I installed a solar PV forecasting app to my phone yesterday. last night it was forecasting 4.3kWh. it's been a very gloomy day. I generated 4.2kWh in total today from our SW (220) facing 5.6KwH install. Not a bad first day's work for the app at least!

Post edited by Granolite on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

Brutal start of March it seems, 4.9kwh the other day and today's estimates are way way off as well, at over 10kwh and gen barely at 350w atm.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

sh1t start, dark clouds and no wind to move them, I was getting 600w with 14kWp yesterday just after noon

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭THE ALM

Not great alright and no shifting of the clouds...

My forecast had 12kWh for the day and no way I'll get near that. At 2.7kWh so far... :(

I'll be lucky if the battery is charged to 100% and that's with a partial charge to 75% overnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭rosmoke

15.44kw today, my maximum for this year.

7.4kwp split across everywhere except north, co Meath.

It was pretty sunny and sun being higher now definitely helps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,430 ✭✭✭Gerry

7.5kw from 3kwp sw and 1kwp ne, a very mixed day. 4.6kw consumed, not too bad. the ne is now doing almost 1kw a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Tiamat666

12.9 kWh from a 4 kwp SW system in Meath. Best day since the install in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Moreilly

20.5 kWh from 22x400w south facing today (Kildare area, mixed sun/cloud)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭deravarra

11 kWh from a 4.4 kWP system in Westmeath. That was very close to what PV Solar Forecast app said.

According to that app, I should be looking at about 25 on Monday, 4 on Tuesday, 23 on Wednesday and 23 on Thursday.

Let's see how accurate that is!

I'm in Westmeath too and use that App, it's indicatory only but no harm to keep and eye on it to give a feel for battery charging etc

Ok start here in North Co Dublin with 1.2kWh in and about 500W power right now.

My forecast is showing roughly 15kWh generation for tomorrow though. Should be cold but clear skies. 😎

Yesterday was predicted poorly but ended on about 17kwh

Tomorrow might be the only good day in March, the met.ie forecast looks absolutely horrible for most days at the moment.

No chance of another 700kwh March like last year that's for sure

I've dropped solcast and forecast.solar as they were usually way off the mark compared to the met eireann one. I'm getting 6.7kWh for today and 15.8kWh tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭micks_address

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭irishchris

Forecast showing just under 50kwh for tomorrow. Surely couldn't be could it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

I'm getting clear skies on forecast. And it's cold out!

Depends if we get much snow!

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Moreilly

7.3 kWh from 22x400w south facing today (Kildare area, very dull day!!). :(

No, sadly it doesn't. The met eireann API includes solar radiation. Some folks over on the automation thread came up with a python script to run and calculate the estimated kWh after you put in a few variables for your system. I have it running in homeassistant each day.

Start around here in the thread https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058224611/solar-pv-monitoring-automation-thread/p27

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Generating over 1.2kW at 08:40. Solar predictions estimating somewhere between 17kWh and 25kWh (Solcast), so will be interesting to see where we end up.

Should be able to soak it all up between (purposely low) battery SOC, Eddi and EV.

Does look very good in the Midlands, could break 35 today I reckon if clear all day

7.4kWh generated here in north side of Sligo town yesterday off SW (215-220degree) orientation - 5.6kWp install. largely overcast day yesterday but rain stayed away.

Hoping for a good bit more today as sun is forecast all day. a covering of snow/graupel like coating on the panels this morning though is holding things back a bit so far.

Post edited by Granolite on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,430 ✭✭✭Gerry

400w currently here in north kildare, really seeing the impact of chimney shading on some of the sw panels. rear NE 1kw is producing twice what the sw 3kw is.. with a similar sun angle to both.

Should do 10kwh at least if the cloud stays away.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭micks_address

Looks like a bumper day here in North Dublin

• Advertisement

3kwh pump at this time

Advertisement