Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily pv production

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭paulbok

Serious numbers there @axe2grind , your inverter is going to be flat out all summer. You should look at some of the threads here from last summer about keeping the inverter cool when it max's out for long periods, ok to keep up efficiency, using fans of some sort.

Only got 5.4kWh yesterday from a 6.84kW array, south facing in Roscommon. Pretty much the norm lately, way behind forecast and last year, daily avg of 6.6kWh for Feb so far 😟

• Registered Users Posts: 8,580 ✭✭✭micks_address

is there a handy way to add array size/orientation to signatures.. its annoying have to state it in each post :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

You can add a sig but then it would be there for every single post across all the forums

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

I thought this was an Irish forum?? .......there is no way we can compete with Australia in the middle of their summer 😎

Wicklow County, Western Australia - Wikipedia

I only got 8 kWh yesterday here in Cork Ireland on my 6kWp system 😁😁

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 21,796 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

8.2kWp SSE in wexford.

Yesterday: 11kWh, peak kW was approx 5kW at one point!

Today: Not so good, 6kWh so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭DC999

Best day in 4 months, since end of Oct. Our SW is still going at 430pm – normally it’s gone to sleep by now. 11.6kWh on 5kWp (E mostly, tiny SW, tiny NW that is still hibernating)

And a proper curve nearly all day. Wasn’t even a fully blue sky day, was some cloud. D12. Having E+S orientation helps us get a longer day.

So in under 2 weeks it's gone from best day in 3 months to best in 4. Grand stretch in the evenings :)

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭harvindhillon

11.3kwh today in South West Dublin on a 6kwh South array 35 degree pitch. High export at 4kwh, battery was fully charged and laundry was all done :D

Started really slow, only hit highs after 1pm with the sun peaking in and out from behind the thick clouds.

Its forecasted 22kwh tomorrow, let's see how it goes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

If you got 11.3Kwh today......I think 22Kwh tomorrow is pretty unlikely :-)

I also got a very respectable 11.19kWh today from 5.3kwp split east/west. Pretty much clear skies all day. I tabulated todays with last Sunday's and came up with the following.

Seems like there was a high altitude haze there which, while generally clear skies it meant that the max production is off the max production from Sunday. Temps of course could have played an issue too. Interesting though. Previous record for me from Feb last year was 9.85kWh, so nice improvement year-on-year.

I'm forecasting 7.4Kwhr for tomorrow and then back up to 9.7Kwh for Thursday.

My shed "chipped in" with 6.6Kwh (off 2.3Kwp) so with nearly 18Kwh this is awesome for this time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭simpsimp

16.96kWh here today on the costa del Dublin 8

(5.85kW SW Array)

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭The devils

Not great 😕 8kw newbridge

Charging only to 65% battery capacity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

New record of 38.5kWh today from a 10.4kW array and 6kW inverter. South Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Only 4.8kWh today from a 4kW-ish system and a 3kW inverter. Cork. Manky drizzle day for the most of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭jkforde

mightn't be a bad thing, get curious posters on other forums asking what the hell it means and might start them down the sólar bóthar!

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

Yea it is a long stretch really but keeping my fingers crossed, so far up to 10am, its 2kwh already and been generating steady 2.6kw for the last 30mins or so, skies looking clear, so here's to me hoping to break the record :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,796 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Today: 13.5kWh so far, heading for best day of the year!

Edit: 15.5kWh now at 16:50 still pulling in 500w

Edit2: finished with 16.0kWh. Best day of 2023

Post edited by ELM327 on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭deravarra

Fantasic day in Co. Westmeath.

17 KW from a 4.4 KWp system. Over 12 exported to the grid. She was off at work with the EV.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Delboy5

My best day yet since install at end of last November, 12.2 kWh from south facing 4.8kW system in Monaghan. Also highest peak power yet at 4.2kw.

It was an on and off day again today, clouds came in the afternoon for long stretches, but still turned out to be my best day thus far since installation on the 20th of January.

Total 17.8Kwh, 185° South, 6KW Array, South West Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭paulbok

Despite some intermittent clouds and a downpour around 2pm, it was the best day since mid October.

23.5kWh off 6.84kW array, facing south, Roscommon.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭scunermac

Definitely my best day since install last November.

21.3 kWh from a 4.9 KW South facing array in Laois.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

Tomorrow looking good for Dublin at least.

Forecasting a solid 11Kwhr (off 5.3Kwp split E/W) Friday looks "meh" though....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭irishchris

26.6 kWh generated today.

South/South West 9.7kwp in galway

Nice to see peak production starting to hit higher numbers.

14.2 kw today

9kw East/West.. charging battery only 20% tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭olympicweights

Great numbers, is it a 6kW inverter you have. If so how many watts can it handle. I saw a peak of 6328w on mine yesterday maybe higher today but didn't get a shot of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭irishchris

It's a 6kw sofar hybrid with a 2.5kw goodwe standard inverter.

Highest the 6kw inverter peak hit today was 5.86kw

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Tiamat666

11.6 kWh today with a 4 kWp system pointing SW in Meath.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭rameire

9.6kwh today from a 3.8kw system. Split east 1.52. south 2.28.

Hit a max of 3.2kwh at 11.15am

Clonee, Dub.

2nd best day of year.

Hoping for a good day tomorrow.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭THE ALM

Thankfully seen the sun in south Roscommon yesterday to hit 27.7kWh, 35° pitch facing 200°.

Will need a very strong end to the month to hit last years production which will be very unlikely, will need about 26kWh/day. Either last February was very good or this one is poor, I expect the latter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,580 ✭✭✭micks_address

unless the day changes could be a record day here.. blue skies since sunrise.. wonder if ill break 15kwh.. last high few weeks ago was 13.6

Finished the day just over 15. Got dull around 3pm

Post edited by micks_address on

Advertisement