Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily pv production

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭jkforde

yeah, MÉ just can't seem to model this blasted stratus stuff, it forms & stubbornly loiters around where they don't expect it to. fingers crossed for tomorrow, WFH too! 🌞☕😁

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Registered Users Posts: 8,476 ✭✭✭micks_address

heading for a yearly high so far today...

Finished at

Post edited by micks_address on

• Registered Users Posts: 21,510 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Yes, just over 11kWh so far and still above 2.5kW. I only have south south east facing panels so production will drop off soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭harvindhillon

14.5kwh today on a 6kw south facing in Newcastle Dublin. Best for the year thus far

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

14.9kWh today from a 4.8kWp south facing array in Dublin Fingal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭DC999

#SoJealousOfPureSouthSetups :)

Got 59% less than you on same size system not too many miles from you. 9kWh on 5kWp E/NW split (NW hibernates this time of year, and half of our E is almost flat so gets less output at mo). But still our best output since end of Oct. Output flatlined in Dec (shortest days of course), then crept up a little in Jan. And again now.

Gotta work with the roof + space ya got 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

32.4kWh today which is a record for the 13 days the system has been up.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭harvindhillon

Can easily run a mining farm with that kind of output 😃😃

• Registered Users Posts: 4,904 ✭✭✭paulbok

• Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭DC999

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Granolite

7.8kwh generated on 09/02 off SW orientated 5.6kw solar PV install. Early morning cloud and overcast conditions to late morning followed by intermittent sun until late afternoon when cloud cover increased again.

5.6kWp - SW (220 degrees) - North Sligo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

15.8kwh new record for the year and much to my chagrin 0.8kwh escaped to the grid 😔

I'd say one more week until the rear 4kwp gets unshaded and the 8kwp pump can begin.

Finished with 13.5kWh yesterday. The problem with SSE facing is that they don't have the benefit of the last third of the day, where due south would also catch this. Couple that with still being shaded by high trees across the road for part of the day and I'm relatively happy with that. Highest output since late October.

Today on the other hand I'm only getting 500W !

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Delboy5

7.4kwh from 4.8kw south facing in Monaghan yesterday....

10.7kWh today.

Ended up on 5.5 today.. wasn't sunny just reasonably bright.. 7 kwp split 4 south east 3 north west

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

What size system have you got...

I got 28 kWh on the 9th on my 6.1kWp system

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 4,904 ✭✭✭paulbok

Where the F do you live? The Sahara?

I got 13.7kWh off 6.84kW that day and thought it was decent.

I'm in a valley of sorts, between 2 sets of hills so we have a bit of a micro climate here which can differ from 4km away. Low cloud tends to hang around this time of year, dulling production. Just checked and I'm a bit behind last Feb which was just under forecast

Just south of Cork City, I am directly facing south with no shading. TBH I am very lucky with my orientation and location. My roof is about 40 degrees as well so helps during the winter.

It's a 10.4 kWp system in Dublin with a 6kW inverter. Pointed about 10 degrees east of South. Shading is excellent apart from a chimney.

Yesterday (Feb 11th) was my worst day so far with 6.9 kWh produced.

What app or site do people use to forecast PV production with weather?

• Advertisement

Cool that's what I like to see go big or go home...you will never hear people saying they put up too many panels...its always not enough

Regarding weather predicting apps I don't have a battery so I don't need to predict too much so just use met eireann. Most are using home assistant and automations to charge batteries on night rate or charge during the day. I use HA for monitoring logging data

Today is the first day I saw my panels generating over 3kwp .. at one point they went to 3.6.. I guess the sun getting higher in the sky

Very cloudy today. After seeing nearly 15kWh a couple of days ago I'm back down below 4kWh.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Horrible start to the day in the midlands, clouds cleared around 11.30 to recover well, now at 17.5kWh, probably finish just past the 18mark

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

Records be breaking this year, 20kwh and finally don't have to worry about filling the batteries too much at night with the extra 80kwh buffer on the drive way 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭THE ALM

thankfully a bit of sun today and ending on 22.2kWh. Lots of broken cloud in morning then a clear afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭yankinlk

First 10 of the year. Ran around washing, dishwasher, ironing to self consume. Battery covering dinnertime. Wahey

• Registered Users Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭irishchris

Decided to stop night charging last night and paid off today 38kwh generated and 14 into battery.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Over 6kW sustained, two inverters?

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭rameire

A nice day today. Hoping for similar tomorrow.

10.3kwh In Clonee Dub.

From 3.8kw system, split 2.28S and 1.52E.

All used up now. Wonder if my neighbour would be up to renting out their roof.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

Advertisement