Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy Note 20 & Note 20 Ultra....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭MackDeToaster

Have my imported Hong Kong snapdragon two days now. Dislike the notch, screen is a bit narrow and unhappy with no headphone (had the 1st three notes so still think this series should be a no compromise powerhouse).

It's fairly quick, replacing a phone with a 625 which was seriously struggling with my usage. Have yet to try out the cameras properly.

Rooted it but haven't bothered with twrp yet. Got rid of Facebook and a few other apps but actually very few if no other third party apps were installed.

1st SoT is just over 10hrs down to 4% battery so reasonably pleased with that although I haven't been using my usual heavy background apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Have my imported Hong Kong snapdragon two days now. Dislike the notch, screen is a bit narrow and unhappy with no headphone (had the 1st three notes so still think this series should be a no compromise powerhouse).

It's fairly quick, replacing a phone with a 625 which was seriously struggling with my usage. Have yet to try out the cameras properly.

Rooted it but haven't bothered with twrp yet. Got rid of Facebook and a few other apps but actually very few if no other third party apps were installed.

1st SoT is just over 10hrs down to 4% battery so reasonably pleased with that although I haven't been using my usual heavy background apps.

Strange, mine came with headphones.

dinneenp wrote: »
    Strange, mine came with headphones.

Oops, mine came with them too but I meant no headphone jack. Can't charge and listen without a dongle.I got one from Amazon but it doesn't seem to be working properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,639 ✭✭✭corks finest

Easy to uninstall FB? Without rooting it?

Easy to uninstall FB? Without rooting it?

I think it's possible to disable some of it through the system settings without root. I deleted about three apks with root.

• Advertisement

Earphones - is there a specific left and right? I can't find anything to indicate it.
    The rubber is lost from one of mine so it keeps falling out....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Right is the side with the button controls

• Registered Users Posts: 48 BatMaths

Does anyone know if the Vodafone note 20 ultra come unlocked to all networks?? Thanks

Azion wrote: »
    Would you mind sharing where you checked the IMEI please Dan?
    I came across IMEI24, but I'm not sure if this is reputable or accurate.

On a side note, "Gadget spot" wouldn't deliver via courier or accept PayPal despite their listing saying so. I think I'll just avoid Adverts based on this. Too much hassle!

I asked less than an hour ago relevant questions ref a Tallaght seller on Adverts.ie he wasn’t best pleased at my honest genuine questions blocked me, G-Shock so like DD Adverts.ie can also be a minefield, got a scammer posting earlier this year on Adverts.ie, blatant scammers and kept at him until he admitted no bricks n mortar shop in Ireland ( despite his claims and photographs) and basics told me ( liar) he was being paid to advertise on Adverts.ie and DD, tools him I was reporting to AGS and obviously Adverts.ie, he pegged it but his adds were still up a week later despite reporting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭dzsfah2xoynme9

You can get rid of most apps via ADB without root. Another question. Did rooting trip Knox? I remember the older Samsungs had a tiny thermal fuse in the board that would blow to indicate the phone was rooted. Even if you un root it, it always indicates that it was rooted at some stage.

• Advertisement

Hi,
    How do I customizer what appears in the 'drag down from top' menu (eg WiFi, torch etc) I want to add options from within settings (eg sim card manager)
    Can I customize the side button that's normally on or off on phones?
    Thanks,
    Pa

Hi,
    I have an Otterbox Defender series case, brand new & don't like it. Cost €50,selling for €20.see my ad on adverts http://www.adverts.ie/22490396

Hi,
    Anyone know anywhere besides Samsung that sell cover like this please? It's €35 on Samsung site, sure I saw virtually the same for under half price elsewhere.

https://shop.samsung.com/ie/galaxy-note20-ultra-clear-protective-cover-black

Thanks
    Pa

sentient_6 wrote: »
    What are people doing with the factory plastic screen protector? On or off?

(me again)
    Does the default screen protector make it less responsive?. I got a bike mount holder including screen cover for my bike. Fingerprint unlocking doesn't work with it & it's very unresponsive. I presume removing the default screen protector won't change that?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I've the original left on, there's a fair few scratches on it at the moment but I'll keep it on as long as possible.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I managed to loose the pen off my Ultra this week, think it's gone out with a load of wrapping paper that'll be impossible to get through, there about €40 on Amazon but with Brexit I'm not sure of the implications of buying off Amazon, does anyone know of a good place to get a good pen quickly? I'm using the pen off my 10 at the moment just to fill the hole but that keeps falling out.

Hi,
    Anyone know anywhere besides Samsung that sell cover like this please? It's €35 on Samsung site, sure I saw virtually the same for under half price elsewhere.

https://shop.samsung.com/ie/galaxy-note20-ultra-clear-protective-cover-black

Thanks
    Pa

If near Cork phone shop in wilton SC, has seen protection for it, sons S20 PLUS sorted there, definitely on N main St, it shop selling all ranges, picked up an Otterbox for him there

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭markad1

Note 20 Ultra on Vodafone, Android 11 update this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Late to the game but been thinking about changing from my note 9.
    How is it with the exynos chip now? With details of the s21 to be annouced shortly, I think prices may drop slightly soon?

phill106 wrote: »
    How is it with the exynos chip now? With details of the s21 to be annouced shortly, I think prices may drop slightly soon?

Just had my mates in my hand an hour ago and it's some piece of kit, ultra bought in Harvey Norman e1119 etc, after being let down by eglobal, it's bloody nice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Just had my mates in my hand an hour ago and it's some piece of kit, ultra bought in Harvey Norman e1119 etc, after being let down by eglobal, it's bloody nice

they are already high 800s on adverts like here
    https://www.adverts.ie/samsung/samsung-note-20-ultra/22497691
    got my note 9 off a similar ad year before last, no issues with it.

phill106 wrote: »

Exynos chip is still rubbish compared to the Snapdragon, but that is all supposedly changing next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭dzsfah2xoynme9

Basil3 wrote: »
    Exynos chip is still rubbish compared to the Snapdragon, but that is all supposedly changing next year.

But according to leaks there's no charger or accessories with the s21 series. Also all models except the ultra will have 1080p screens and plastic backs. And all close to or over €1000. Samsung are making foldables their flagship line and trying to relegate the s series. If I'm paying close to a grand for a phone I want a charger at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

The January 1st update has come through on my sim free exynos Note 20 Ultra.

Hi,
    I want to use my phone connected to my computer monitor for Zwift with a HDMI connector cable so I need a HDMI connector.

2 questions:
    1. Any connectors better than others?
    2. Will the phone manage or will there be lag on the monitor?

Thanks,
    Pa.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

anyone got an imported hong kong snapdragon n20u?

wondering if any issues on 5g bands?

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭username?!

Where is the best / easiest place to pick up a Snapdragon Note 20 Ultra?

Hi,
    How do I customizer what appears in the 'drag down from top' menu (eg WiFi, torch etc) I want to add options from within settings (eg sim card manager)
    Thanks,
    Pa

Hi,
    Anyone know if this is possible please?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Hi,
    Anyone know if this is possible please?

I think you can only add whatever buttons are available. Drag down notification shade fully - 3 buttons top right - edit buttons.

• Advertisement

sentient_6 wrote: »
    I think you can only add whatever buttons are available. Drag down notification shade fully - 3 buttons top right - edit buttons.

Cheers. moved a few just now.

Advertisement